• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Senate votes unanimously in favor of Hong Kong

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
US Senate passes Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act in unanimous vote - CNN

I guess we have China and Xi especially to thank for bringing together all Senators. Soon we'll see the House and Senate reconcile the differences and presumably cast veto proof majorities in favor of a bill.

I say GOOD. I expect dictator Xi won't like not getting his way. I say GOOD. I expect him to complain bitterly. I say TOUGH. I also like the measures in the bill - review Hong Kong's special status and add the ability to impose sanctions on China for their acts.

We can't intervene militarily but we can stand up for our ideals.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I find it more amusing that the USA thinks it owns the world.... It doesn't and they don't care, lol.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I find it more amusing that the USA thinks it owns the world.... It doesn't and they don't care, lol.
I had a similar thought.
I think China does care.
They are Masters in hiding anger behind big smiles.

I think, they won't forget what D.T did with banning China (Huawei) etc.etc.

I read, that when Chinese or Japanese really hate you, then they will smile even more + give extra gifts, so you become addicted and then they take all away. Destroy you not just physically but preferably emotionally.

I think D.T. creates a lot of Karma for US (not the good type). But no surprise to me