• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Navy sails massive fleet through South China Sea in defiance of Chinese

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/us-navy-sails-massive-fleet-through-south-china-sea-in-defiance-of

ALONG the South China Sea, a giant fleet of American ships, including a nuclear powered American aircraft carrier and its jet fighters, is on the move.

The $3.8 billion super ship is there for a specific reason — the United States Navy says it’s all part of its largest multinational disaster response exercises in the Indo-Pacific region.

Yet while they are right, there seems to be another reason at play — local press suggests the move is a big ‘F-you’ to China, which has continued to build military infrastructure in the disputed region that includes hangars, underground storage and missile shelters.

America is in the right here. They are protecting the free nations of Asia like India and the Philippines, before the region is conquered by the Chinese imperialists & barbarians. usa along with his ally super powers must mix china into dust if it tries to confront them a little bit in the disputed waters. God bless the USA!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not getting into the wrongs and rights of American action here, since on this particular issue I haven't done enough background reading.

But if the US grinds China into dust, India, the Phillipines and indeed the whole world is in trouble.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Why do you suppose China is building man made Islands and Facilities in the china sea.?
Unlike the American fleet, these facilities are unsinkable.
They give China the advantage in defence, without exposing their mainland population.
It will allow them to make long term plans in the region, both for attack and defence.
much like positioning pawns on a chess board prior to a planned attack.
An American ground attack on the mainland of China would be both unthinkable and futile.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I wonder what the USA would do if China sent an equally vast armada, on a goodwill visit to Cuban waters.
goose and gander come to mind.

I don't think China has a "vast armada", but the US is not in the habit of blocking ships in international waters unless there is a specific threat.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Yes, sorry, I forgot Ivanka & Jared
johnfuller900.png

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Normal is to care about other people. Normal is to support nonviolence and cooperation. Normal is to let other people be and to expect for them to do the same. When or if the USA withdraws its military presence from the region, when or if it lets everyone there 'Be', its absence will be felt two ways. One there will be concern about change. Two there will be relief. The smaller countries with small military forces will feel pressure to band together, but they will resist this pressure, because they have long historical traditions as separate countries. I think they will be easily divided and manipulated through political policies and will prey upon one another's economies. The USA is overextended, however. We are not supposed to be a country about war and interfering in other territory's concerns. It is not suitable for us to sustain this kind of violent presence all around the world forever. World War II ended in 1947 -- over seventy years ago. At some point, hopefully soon, our country needs to go back to being just another country, just one more talking at the table. It is unhealthy, bad for us, to keep waving about our sword.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Why do you suppose China is building man made Islands and Facilities in the china sea.?
Unlike the American fleet, these facilities are unsinkable.
They give China the advantage in defence, without exposing their mainland population.
It will allow them to make long term plans in the region, both for attack and defence.
much like positioning pawns on a chess board prior to a planned attack.
An American ground attack on the mainland of China would be both unthinkable and futile.
China is like the "boa constrictor" of childhood song. They take a little bit then a little bit more. Russia and China are the modern day imperialists and need to be checked.