• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Govt: Zionists must end illegal occupation for peace

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Obama top aide says Israeli occupation 'must end' - Al Jazeera English

The whole problem and lack of peace is because zionists are still occupying Palestine. That must end if Zionists wants to live in peace.
I prefer borderlines before 1948 (before birth of Zionist state :) )
Here in the real world, we have to take into account the fact that the Israelis who live there now are not responsible for the crimes of their forefathers. Palestine deserves its own state. With the 48 Borders. But no further.

Of course, a single Secular, Israeli-Palestinian state would be best, but it seems like the governments and supporters of both sides are too stupid & childish to live together like adults.

Honestly, none of you deserve a state. You should be a UN Mandate until you learn not to smear your own **** on the walls.

Flankerl

The truth is every time there was an effort for peace they moved the "goal-post".
The big question now is weather they want peace?

That's funny because its probably what some Jews said when the Arabs rejected the proposal of the Peel Commission.

With the 48 Borders.

You know the 67 Armistice Line is already hinting that it might be a good idea to invade but with the 48 Borders one is just asking Israel to be invaded.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The truth is every time there was an effort for peace they moved the "goal-post".
Your grasp of history is more than a little selective. There is plenty to condemn on both sides.
The big question now is weather they want peace?
Yes - irrespective of how one defines 'they.'

Let me ask you a question:

Assume, for the sake of argument, that Abbas & Netanyahu negotiate in good faith and the two state solution is achieved. The PLO is now in control of the West Bank, much as it was initially in control of Gaza.​
    • How do you think Daesh will respond? Hamas? Iran?
    • How long do you think Abbas could remain in power?
    • What will replace him?
    • Will antisemitic vitriol increase or decrease?
    • Will terrorist attacks on Israel increase or decrease?
    • Will the Middle East be more or less stable?
The Middle East is endlessly complicated. Blaming Israel for the lack of peace is remarkably stupid.

Note, by the way, that I say this as a Meretz supporter who views Netanyahu as a despicable leader.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
You know the 67 Armistice Line is already hinting that it might be a good idea to invade but with the 48 Borders one is just asking Israel to be invaded.
Mmmm, I forgot how janky the 48' borders were.

Sigh. There may not be a solution. Can't we scrap the idea of an Israeli & Palestinian state altogether? Just make it a mandate and dare either side to argue?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
As long as one side takes it for granted that it must be morally possible to have and occupy a motherland and the other takes it for granted that it must be morally possible to keep and maintain as Muslim lands that at one point had a Muslim majority, actual peace may be impossible.

And IMO, as long as both sides make a point of using those premises and hiding behind them to attempt justify the injustifiable, neither will deserve much respect.

From all appearances, Arab/Muslim rule in that region would be very much a nightmare and make victims of the Arabs themselves above all. But that in no way, shape or form excuses the growing militarism and nationalism that is quickly becoming genocidal mentality in Israel.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
... the growing militarism and nationalism that is quickly becoming genocidal mentality in Israel.
Talk of a "genocidal mentality in Israel' is an outrageous antisemitic distortion, particularly from someone who has demonstrated little or no concern about the genocidal mentality of Iran, Hezbolah, Hamas, and the Muslim Brotherhood.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Talk of a "genocidal mentality in Israel' is an outrageous antisemitic distortion, particularly from someone who has demonstrated little or no concern about the genocidal mentality of Iran, Hezbolah, Hamas, and the Muslim Brotherhood.

I think you may be misjudging me. Or maybe you don't mean me?

I don't think you disagee with me quite as much as you think. From what I have seen you do want a peaceful resolution and may be even more worried about the current trends in Israel than I am.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Obama top aide says Israeli occupation 'must end' - Al Jazeera English

The whole problem and lack of peace is because zionists are still occupying Palestine. That must end if Zionists wants to live in peace.
I prefer borderlines before 1948 (before birth of Zionist state :) )
As we've seen with many attacks on Jews in other countries, the idea that we should leave Israel and that somehow this will grant us peace is ludicrous.

Instead I gotta better idea-- tell the Arabs in the area of the Middle East to stop their attacks and then negotiate for peaceful resolutions with the Israelis. If you say no to that, then it'll be very clear what your motive is.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
... the growing militarism and nationalism that is quickly becoming genocidal mentality in Israel.
I think you may be misjudging me.
That's easy to determine. At this writing, you have 26,515 messages. Reference a few where you take umbrage at the "genocidal mentality" of Israel's neighbors.
Still waiting …

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
That's easy to determine. At this writing, you have 26,515 messages. Reference a few where you take umbrage at the "genocidal mentality" of Israel's neighbors.
Check my past posts. It is not my role to do your homework for you.

Besides, you have not fully understood my previous post in this thread, either. I said that such an Israeli genocidal mentality is rapidly coming, not that it is settled.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
As we've seen with many attacks on Jews in other countries, the idea that we should leave Israel and that somehow this will grant us peace is ludicrous.

Is it, though? I somewhat doubt it. I see lots of merits in the idea of settling elsewhere, although it is of course both somewhat uncertain and a lot of trouble.

Instead I gotta better idea-- tell the Arabs in the area of the Middle East to stop their attacks and then negotiate for peaceful resolutions with the Israelis. If you say no to that, then it'll be very clear what your motive is.

I would support that if I expected that to work.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Check my past posts. It is not my role to do your homework for you.

Besides, you have not fully understood my previous post in this thread, either. I said that such an Israeli genocidal mentality is rapidly coming, not that it is settled.
^ What a laughable evasion that was - laughable and transparent.

Servant_of_the_One1

@Jayhawker Soule leftist zionists are more dangerous than netanyahu and the most extremist party in the apartheid regime. Because the leftists claim to be pro-palestine and pro-peace with their tongue, while what they hide is their true motives. They are more cruel , more hateful to palestinians than netanyahu ever could be.
Because they stabb people in the back. They dont mean what they say.