• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US announces closure of Palestinian mission in Washington

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
And did you or did you not mean that as an analogy to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?

Yeah. Tyrannies aren't the most effective way to run a country. Doesn't mean I think they ought to change for me or that we should enact change for them. It's not our job to fix their problems.

At least you admit it's not all one-way.

I'm not sure why you constantly feel the need to tell me my opinion is noted; nor am I sure why you feel the need to go on and on like a broken record when we've already established I don't have the ability to dictate anything.

You made it clear that statecraft does not operate to my opinion the first time.

Interesting. So we're both right in that the answer is a bit more nuanced than expected. It's also kind of worrying that the person explaining this believes that a true Islamic state should have no borders because it should always have room to expand.

Analogy. Look up the meaning

Precisely

Talking about military targeting civilians, what is the difference between saudi / yemen and israel / palestine?

When you continue giving personal opinion i will note it.

Yet still you insist on giving your opinion

What?

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Analogy. Look up the meaning

So you did mean it as an analogy. Who was the homeless tramp analogous to?

Talking about military targeting civilians, what is the difference between saudi / yemen and israel / palestine?

The Saudis is interfering in a neighbouring country's civil war; a country where neither side has done anything to warrant Saudi aggression.

Israel is targeting military forces who insist on operating out of civilian-dense areas in self-defence as it has been under attack by Arabs since the day after it was founded.

When you continue giving personal opinion i will note it.

... okay? Comes off as kind of passive-aggressive and I'm not sure what you get out of it but whatever.

Yet still you insist on giving your opinion

Am I not allowed to?

"Is Saudi Arabia an Islamic country? Yes but only in the broad sense that it applies Islamic law".

But this particular Muslim says he doesn't recognise it as an Islamic state because the concept of a nation-state is a non-Islamic one.

So the answer to the question is both yes and no but which you choose will depend on what you define a nation as being.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So you did mean it as an analogy. Who was the homeless tramp analogous to?

The Saudis is interfering in a neighbouring country's civil war; a country where neither side has done anything to warrant Saudi aggression.

Israel is targeting military forces who insist on operating out of civilian-dense areas in self-defence as it has been under attack by Arabs since the day after it was founded.

... okay? Comes off as kind of passive-aggressive and I'm not sure what you get out of it but whatever.

Am I not allowed to?

"Is Saudi Arabia an Islamic country? Yes but only in the broad sense that it applies Islamic law".

But this particular Muslim says he doesn't recognise it as an Islamic state because the concept of a nation-state is a non-Islamic one.

So the answer to the question is both yes and no but which you choose will depend on what you define a nation as being.

Sheesh... Anyone looking for a place to call their own, and i notice you never did answer the question but twisted it

I am surprised you ignore the Israeli military orders
Israeli soldiers reveal they were ordered to shoot to kill in Gaza

If you say so.

Of course you are, as am i.

Ok

Flankerl

It is so funny how foreigners still talk about BtS when they've been exposed of making up stories and people who told them these stories.

Anonymous testimonies outside of the court of law are pretty worthless as anyone can say anything.

But it's okay. Their fate won't be any different than that of the other Jews in case the Arabs win.