• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US achieves oil independence

Shaul

Premium Member
The U.S. Just Became a Net Oil Exporter for the First Time in 75 Years
By
Javier Blas
December 6, 2018

“America turned into a net oil exporter last week, breaking almost 75 years of continued dependence on foreign oil and marking a pivotal -- even if likely brief -- moment toward what U.S. President Donald Trump has branded as "energy independence."”

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
By
Javier Blas
December 6, 2018

“America turned into a net oil exporter last week, breaking almost 75 years of continued dependence on foreign oil and marking a pivotal -- even if likely brief -- moment toward what U.S. President Donald Trump has branded as "energy independence."”

Great news. To be fair though, I think President Obama does deserve some credit for this as much of the drilling began under his Administration. Fair is fair.

EDIT: Before you "Like" this post please proceed to the area below where I get my fanny tanned for being conned by what President Obama said recently. I made the mistake of believing the former President.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Great news. To be fair though, I think President Obama does deserve some credit for this as much of the drilling began under his Administration. Fair is fair.
We should be cautious in granting a Prez credit (or blame)
for something just because it occurs on his watch.
What policies do you think changed things?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
By
Javier Blas
December 6, 2018

Great news! Next step: renewable energy.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
We should be cautious in granting a Prez credit (or blame)
for something just because it occurs on his watch.
What policies do you think changed things?
I couldn't say off hand. It's not something I have followed very closely. I could have sworn that Obama took credit for it last week. Fake nudes?

I know this is from Faux, but it's the only shorter clip I could see off hand. It definitely does not support what Obama claimed (to be instrumental in the drilling).

I don't know. You guys tell me.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
“America turned into a net oil exporter last week, breaking almost 75 years of continued dependence on foreign oil
The USA has never been dependent on foreign oil.
We have lots.
It's our proclivity towards waste and mismanagement that needed foreign oil to maintain.
Not at all the same.
Tom

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Presidents love to take credit for things.
And avoid blame.

But also sometimes credit is due when someone including a President avoids doing things that messes something up. It's minimal credit, to be sure, but better than messing things up.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And avoid blame.

But also sometimes credit is due when someone including a President avoids doing things that messes something up. It's minimal credit, to be sure, but better than messing things up.
That's so broad that I'm inclined to agree.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
By
Javier Blas
December 6, 2018

It is not Obama nor tRump who are responsible, but the long term development of petroleum resources.

Regardless of Don tRump calls it this temporary surge in US resources will pass,

Shaul

Premium Member
I guess you mean how Obama opened up new oil reserves for development like in the Arctic and Atlantic seacoasts and how he hastened the work on the Keystone pipeline.

No, wait...

Never mind.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I guess you mean how Obama opened up new oil reserves for development like in the Arctic and Atlantic seacoasts and how he hastened the work on the Keystone pipeline.

No, wait...

Never mind.

Eye of the beholder, I guess...

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

No, wait...

Never mind.
Hey, I was influenced by a clip of Obama himself taking credit recently! I already admitted that. Forgive me if I did not rush to verify his statement.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hey, I was influenced by a clip of Obama himself taking credit recently! I already admitted that. Forgive me if I did not rush to verify his statement.
I caution against believing what politicians say.
(If you like your doctor, you can keep....you know.)
Even if ever they tell the accurate truth, it could just be an accident.
I've heard that even Trump tells the occasional fib.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I caution against believing what politicians say.
(If you like your doctor, you can keep....you know.)
Even if ever they tell the accurate truth, it could just be an accident.
I've heard that even Trump tells the occasional fib.
In a Trumpian era I SHOULD have just assumed Obama was lying.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

No, wait...

Never mind.
Oh ya, why should we worry about environmental concerns and global warming as surely it's all just a lefty hoax, right?