• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urgent Help needed

kepha31

Catholicism permits it. But you must agree to raise your children Catholic.
I can't speak for my separated brethren on such a disparaged issue.

javajo

Are you asking Muslims to reply or Christians to reply? I don't want to get in any trouble.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Catholicism permits it. But you must agree to raise your children Catholic.
I can't speak for my separated brethren on such a disparaged issue.

The Pope might allow it but Scripture doesn't.

1 Corinthians 7:34 "A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord."

2 Corinthians 6:14 "Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?"

elmarna

:yes:NO Muslim women do not marry outside of the faith.
Men can. Women cannot.
I am not able to point to the reason.
I can say that if your beliefs & values are the same it leaves less not to agree on!

Last edited:

javajo

Do Muslim:bow: women marry a christian man... Do answer me with solid reasons and proof.
I'm sure the answer is no from both Muslims and Christians, but if you convert to Christianity or he converts to Islam, then its no problem. As a Christian, I do not believe one would "go to Hell" or "lose their salvation" if they married outside their faith, but the Bible says we shouldn't, it can create problems so it may not always be good idea. My brother is married to a Jewish woman and my sister is married to an Arab man from Bahrain. Our family is Christian and we all get along just fine and respect each other. We do pray of course, that all will someday trust in Jesus for the free gift of salvation. I mean no offense by that, its just because we are Christian and believe Jesus is the way, you know. There will be some problems with two different faiths, especially with what you teach your children. My sister's children want to celebrated Christmas and Easter but are not allowed. I'm sure eventually children grow up and learn and decide for themselves which religion they feel is true.

If you are in a situation right now, and are deeply in love with a Christian man and he loves you and wants to marry you, I'd follow my heart. I wouldn't let anything stop me from being with the one I love and want to spend my life with. God understands. And who knows? Some time from now you may have a whole new life and a whole new perspective on life and religion, so, I say, rock it, girl! :)

kepha31

1 Corinthians 7:34 "A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord."

It doesn't say the first husband has to be a Christian, it says the remarried husband has to be a Christian.

2 Corinthians 6:14 "Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?"
2 Corinthians 6:14 is not about Matrimony.

And what business does a Muslem woman have even dating a Christian in the first place??? Isn't that asking for trouble? Same applies for Christians. Christians have no busisness dating non-Christians.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal

It doesn't say the first husband has to be a Christian, it says the remarried husband has to be a Christian.

2 Corinthians 6:14 is not about Matrimony.

And what business does a Muslem woman have even dating a Christian in the first place??? Isn't that asking for trouble? Same applies for Christians. Christians have no busisness dating non-Christians.

You can't possibly think that Paul is saying that your first husband can be a nonbeliever but your second one has to be.

stlekee

Fool for Wisdom
I have no solid 'proof', but if you love and care about someone enough to want to marry him or her, then I believe God will bless the union based on his unconditional love. God does not want us to suffer and be apart from those we love if we have a choice in the matter. Listen to your heart... do you think love is from God?

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
***Mod post***

This thread has been moved to the Religious Debates forum.

rusra02

Premium Member
Do Muslim:bow: women marry a christian man... Do answer me with solid reasons and proof.

Since you are a Muslim, perhaps you should consult your religious leader for their answer. As to marrying a Christian, there are so many sects professing to be Christian that are nothing of the sort. If you strongly believe in your faith and marry a professed Christian who strongly believes in their faith, would this perhaps create conflict, particularly if children need to be reared? What about holidays, his and yours? And the families of both parties may have strong feelings about such a union, and create problems for the family.
So regardless of the rules each religion may have regarding such a marriage, these factors should be weighed carefully. Think in terms of decades of marriage and the long-term consequences of any such decision. (Although the God of the Bible expects married couples to be faithful, marriage among professed "christians" is tenuous, since a large percentage of all marriages in western lands ends in divorce or separation.) I hope this is of some help.

crocusj

I'm sure eventually children grow up and learn and decide for themselves which religion they feel is true.
In what possible way would the very premise of the OP indicate that this could/would be true? I'm all for coincidence but the fact that the overwhelming majority of children adopt the religion of their parents seems to be stretching it a bit. The only thing I can see from this thread is that strict adherence continues polarization and love does not come into it at any point.

jmvizanko

Uber Tool

But this sweeping statement is grossly incorrect. Most unbeliever are just as lawful and righteous as believers. I'm an atheist married to a Christian, and we are both equally decent people. So if you have a good unbeliever, does that render this verse / advice irrelevant?

Of course, I see this verse as just another source of labeling unbelievers as necessarily evil even if they aren't. Of which the bible has hundreds of such statements....

crocusj

But this sweeping statement is grossly incorrect. Most unbeliever are just as lawful and righteous as believers. I'm an atheist married to a Christian, and we are both equally decent people. So if you have a good unbeliever, does that render this verse / advice irrelevant?

Of course, I see this verse as just another source of labeling unbelievers as necessarily evil even if they aren't. Of which the bible has hundreds of such statements....
Oh come on, we have read you. She has got to be the more decent!!!

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal

The idea is that Christians need someone with the same values. If someone doesn't believe Jesus is God and isn't willing to humble themselves before God at the very least there are issues of pride and idolatry from a Christian point of view. Usually however, people who buy into the "wisdom" of our age as opposed to what Christians call God's wisdom have a much different idea about what's appropriate sexual behavior. I agree most agnostics and atheists believe one should not to steal, lie, and murder as well as believe in giving to the poor.

jmvizanko

Uber Tool
The idea is that Christians need someone with the same values. If someone doesn't believe Jesus is God and isn't willing to humble themselves before God at the very least there are issues of pride and idolatry from a Christian point of view. Usually however, people who buy into the "wisdom" of our age as opposed to what Christians call God's wisdom have a much different idea about what's appropriate sexual behavior. I agree most agnostics and atheists believe one should not to steal, lie, and murder as well as believe in giving to the poor.

If I honestly don't think the Christian god is there, what pride or idolatry am I commiting against it?

And I don't know what the "wisdom of our age" means, but given your condescending quotation marks I can only assume it means that which you don't agree with.

Last edited:

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
If I honestly don't think the Christian god is there, what pride or idolatry am I commiting against it?

And I don't know what the "wisdom of our age," but given you condescending quotation marks I can only assume it means that which you don't agree with.

From the Christian point of view it would be worship of the self/human brain. Assuming your belief system fits the mold of conventional agnostic and atheist thinking it just means that rationalism and our level of science is what you trust more than God, again from the Christian point of view. As for the quotations, I freely admit that what out culture calls wise I believe God calls foolishness. An example would be the so called sexual freedoms where we supposedly should have the right to **** anything with a pulse provided no one gets hurt in our eyes.