1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured UPDATED: My religion

Discussion in 'Interfaith Discussion' started by ronki23, Jun 12, 2019.

1. ronki23

ronki23 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166
    Religion:
    Dharmic
    I follow Buddhas (although I only know about Siddhartha:- if people could explain to me the different Buddhas?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I follow the Gurus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe in Jesus

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. The Reverend Bob

The Reverend Bob Fart Machine and Beastmaster

Ratings:
    +1,742
    Religion:
    Non-realist
    You follow a lot of people. Are you sure they are all going in the same direction?

3. ronki23

ronki23 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166
    Religion:
    Dharmic
    Perhaps i'm overcomplicating things; most Hindus follow the Gurus- particularly Guru Arjun Dev, Guru Tegh Bahadur and Guru Gobind Singh for their martyrdom for the wellbeing of Hindus (despite them being Sikh).

Many Hindus consider Buddha an avatar of Vishnu despite some forms of Buddhism rejecting Hindu Gods. I think Hinduism absorbed Buddhism as Emperor Ashoka was a Buddhist.

I think it's a lot simpler following these people than believing in various deities. I still believe in God but I prefer the messages of Buddha and the Gurus as opposed to the rituals and superstitions of Hinduism.

I think Jesus was a great guy but that's because I live in a Christian country.

• Like Like x 1
  4. danieldemol

danieldemol Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,589
    Religion:
    Baha'i inspired liberal
    So do Christians, they follow Jesus, Moses, Solomon as well as a host of other Prophets. Are you sure they all went in the same direction? Because the bible itself is contradictory.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. The Reverend Bob

Ratings:
    +1,742
    Religion:
    Non-realist
    Were Jesus, Moses and Solomon of different cultures, religions or traditions?

6. danieldemol

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,589
    Religion:
    Baha'i inspired liberal
    If we check their historical stories attributed to them closely they may as well have been.

Solomon denied the afterlife in Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 , Jesus believed in a Hellenic afterlife and Daniel believed in a future resurrection.

• Like Like x 1
  7. crossfire

crossfire Antinomian feminist heretic freak ☿
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,674
    Religion:
    ☿ Mercuræn Buddhist & Ordained Pastafarian
    I have found this document to quite helpful in this regard:

http://www.rinpoche.com/teachings/5families.pdf

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. ajay0

ajay0 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,072
    Pure consciousness, Buddha nature, God, love are all one and the same.

The foolish get bogged down by superficial differences on the external, while the wise perceive with penetrating insight into the internal common core.

• Like Like x 4
  9. The Reverend Bob

Ratings:
    +1,742
    Religion:
    Non-realist
    Jesus was a hellenistic Jew? Since when? Well given that they were all from the same ethnic group wouldn't you agree that they are cultural related and have a shared tradition going back to Moses

10. The Reverend Bob

Ratings:
    +1,742
    Religion:
    Non-realist
    You can't cut off a yak's head and put it on a headless cow's body and pretend it is alive. All you did was dismember the cow and the yak

11. danieldemol

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,589
    Religion:
    Baha'i inspired liberal
    What makes them culturally related is that they shared a bloodline (which is nothing special), unless you mean that they are culturally related because people arbitrarily adopted them into one culture in which case why can’t others also arbitrarily lump them into one culture?

12. The Reverend Bob

Ratings:
    +1,742
    Religion:
    Non-realist
    They are culturally related because of the shared history of their ethnic grouping and the traditions that developed because of that history, it's called the history of the Jewish people. Jesus, Moses and Solomon all share in that history and therefore going in the same direction. Buddha and Gurus do not share in that history, their culture, traditions and history lie in a different direction. So is anti-semitism part of Bahai? Because you seem to dismiss what it means to be a Jew so easily, saying that it means nothing special to share that bloodline and therefore that history.

13. danieldemol

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,589
    Religion:
    Baha'i inspired liberal
    First of all I’m a liberal, second of all i’m not being anti-Semitic, how preposterous to suggest as much. What i’m saying is that bloodline does not relate to belief

14. sooda

sooda Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,440
    Religion:
    Christian
    I think Hellenized is the better word.. The Jews of Judah considered the Jews of Israel to be apostate.

15. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Tony Bristow-Stagg Ocean Immersion
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,323
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    I see Buddha as the 'Enlightened One' I see Jesus as "Christ, 'the Annointed One'" As shuch the Buddha is Christ and Christ is the Buddha, they are Messengers of God.

It is the Messengers from God that can be seen as the different Buddhas. So Noah, Abraham, Krishna, Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha, Muhammad, Bab and Baha'u'llah are all Buddha's and they are also all Christ's.

They all point is to 'One God'.

I see a true Guru is a disciple of all their teachings and In this day we are called to be our own Guru and make our own decisions about Faith.

Regards Tony

16. sooda

sooda Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,440
    Religion:
    Christian
    Isn't there a Bahai sanctuary in Myrtle Beach of is that something else?

17. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Tony Bristow-Stagg Ocean Immersion
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,323
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Maybe the Louis Gregory Institute?

Bahá'í Faith in South Carolina - Wikipedia

There is a museum dedicated to him there.

Louis G. Gregory Baha'i Museum

I think the Baha"i Faith is the 2nd most practiced faith in that state, Christianity being the most practiced.

Regards Tony

18. SomeRandom

SomeRandom Still learning to be wise

Ratings:
    +4,858
    Meh. That’s nothing. Universalist sects literally follow everyone.
    All rivers into the ocean, is how they see it.

19. Nakosis

Nakosis crystal soldier
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,136
    Religion:
    Atheist Libertarian
    IMO, you need to find a living Master/Guru/Mentor to follow. You need to seek out a teacher. There's no gurantee in reading what was written by these folks that you'll understand the concept. You need someone you can interact with to provide correction. Really easy to misunderstand concepts one has no familiarity with.

20. loverofhumanity

loverofhumanity Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,043
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    Hello. I think that you have a very enlightened view and understanding that all spiritual truth is one and the same so it can al be accepted.

Culturally and geographically and outwardly by name and designation the Buddhas such as Christ, Muhammad, Moses, Baha’u’llah and so on appear to be different but spiritually They are one and the same and teach the same truth and Their inspiration comes from the same Heavenly Source but just in this world of time and namesThey appear to be different as They each had different missions and aims according to the needs of the time.

However I believe, those with spiritual eyes and perception see Their spiritual reality and can follow all of them as They are all Suns of Truth.

Many only look at the worldly differences of these Teachers such as bloodline or culture but if one looks at Their Spiritual Teachings and Reality then They are all definitely related spiritually.

All teach goodness, all teach love, all teach heavenly virtues and noble principles. In a sense to deny one is to deny Them all as how can we say we believe in Jesus Who taught love but not in Krishna or Buddha Who also taught love?