• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Update on my book

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Firstly, I'm really emotionally detached, so please bear that in mind. I actually find it funny.

As most of you know, I self-published a book, The Adventures of the Imaginary Brothers, back in January of this year. I went through the seemingly easy Amazon self-publishing process. First it went on Kindle, and after a couple of attempts, it went into a print version as well. I ordered a single copy to have a gander, and gave it to my grandson to read. That's the only copy I ever had in my possession.

What happened next just illustrates the incompetence of large corporations. Naively thinking it was all hunky-dory I went on the author site and ordered 40 author copies for about $250 bucks or so. That initial copy arrived at my house about 4 days after I ordered it. But this time, because of it being a larger package, the shipping was included, and I was informed it would take 6 weeks. So fine ... I tracked the package. Amazon uses a printer in Ontario Canada, but those go bulk to the US, and in my case, then back to Canada. About 5 weeks in, I get an email saying the package is undeliverable, and giving me a full refund, just as they do with all of their packages. So now there's 40 of my books sitting in their warehouse somewhere, or trashed as that's what they actually do with undeliverables.

So I just give up on Amazon, as what happens if I arrange a book signing, expecting them to care, and deliver. (Amazon is way too big to care.) I'm now with a local printer, who also has their own version of incompetence. I'm not sure if I'll ever see a printed book. It's kind of like the guy sitting on a phone just waiting to see how long he'll be on hold. I've phoned 3 times for updates now, and the next day or two get some email from some guy saying we're working on it. If it ever gets done, 100 copies, at least I'll have them in hand, and there's no shipping charges since I have a car with a trunk.

So yeah. Don't ask me to send you a book because I don't have any. In the meantime, I've started working on the final edit of Book 2.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you tried this number? (877) 252-2701

If you don't get anywhere through that route, PM me and I'll see if there is anything I can do to escalate this through my fulfillment center.