• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Update: Living Nirvana

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well, it's coming up to one month, a month, that my deranged sister has moved off the property to go live with my eldest sister in Washington State. I have been an absolute whirling dervish of activity, moving all my belongings into the main house on the property. It took an entire morning to move all the computer gear which is now happily located in the dining room and has completely overtaken the dining room table. I do need to go and get a new computer chair though as I feel like a child sitting at the adult's table. It's not bad but needs to be attended to. The weird part is that I've been so busy that I hurt my lower back moving boxes. (Like, really, what can go wrong with an aging angry old white guy moving well beyond his physical boundaries?) I woke up about 3 days ago in utter agony as my lower back went on a rampage and has taught me to just fricken cool it. I'm not moving tomorrow. LOL.

I now have 90% of my belongings in the main house and have integrated everything. The next stage is to begin cleaning the leftover's from mom and now that my two sisters have picked over the bones of the estate, everything remaining is mine - for good or bad. That is a WEIRD feeling. One of the biggest areas to go through will be the kitchen. Mom and Dad were both excellent cooks and so have 500 of everything you can imagine in the kitchen. I'm sorry, but I don't really need 500 soup bowls and spoons LOL. That part will take some time and I have several bleary winter months ahead, so I'm sensing no problems.

That said, it's not that I have no interest in RF anymore, it's just that I have usually ground myself into a grease spot by about 12 noon and don't feel like napping in front of the computer. LOL. As you can imagine, this is a bit of a shock to a geezer who is used to a more sedate life of ease. But, though I will have to throttle back my adventures (IE. my brain still thinks it's 20, my body is 62).

The best for last. I know I've moaned, *****ed and complained about my loopy middle sister for a long time, here on RF, and did manage to tolerate her presence for 2 VERY long years. It took my eldest sister only 3 weeks to decide that this was not what she had signed on for and that dealing with Little Ms. Strange was almost impossible. This is coming from a trained RN, mind you. She said that she didn't really listen to my litany of complaints because unless you are in the "presence" you CANNOT understand. My diplomatic capital is almost unlimited now as she sees that what I was telling her was more observational that it was intended to be critical.

So.... Eldest sis is now refusing to back the immigration bid by Middle sis which will ensure that Middle moves back to Canada. With as many illnesses as Middle sis has, how she would think that moving to a country that has a A La Carte medical systems over a largely free medical systems she already enjoyed (to the hilt) is a good example of her inability to think things through.

Meanwhile, I continue to walk on clouds and sunshine, dash out into the yard to bond with the passing deer in search of apple bits, sit wearily watching the hummingbirds endless fighting over a spot at the feeders. (IT is simply amazing at how territorial hummingbirds are.) All this while plotting my next project. It sucks, so hard, but someone has to do it. :)

I will look in on RF from time to time as time permits.

Last edited:

TurkeyOnRye

I always enjoy hearing about your life events, Ymir. It makes me laugh seeing a self-described bodhisattva recount the torrents of an otherwise normal human existence. :D Last I heard about your sister, you described the dear unfortunate loss of her ex-lump of flesh, lol. I haven't really heard anything since then as I have been rather disconnected from RF, but I think I get the picture. :D

As it happens, I am in the beginning stages of home buying. I am half-tempted to make you an offer on your property, but I'm pretty sure you would find it a paltry sum even after the currency exchange. :p That's alright; I love Oregon...so long as it remains relatively intact amidst the flood of Californians importing their cheeky lifestyle and wildly inflated cash......no bitterness or resentment here. Honest.

*ahem*

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, it's coming up to one month, a month, that my deranged sister has moved off the property to go live with my eldest sister in Washington State. I have been an absolute whirling dervish of activity, moving all my belongings into the main house on the property. It took an entire morning to move all the computer gear which is now happily located in the dining room and has completely overtaken the dining room table. I do need to go and get a new computer chair though as I feel like a child sitting at the adult's table. It's not bad but needs to be attended to. The weird part is that I've been so busy that I hurt my lower back moving boxes. (Like, really, what can go wrong with an aging angry old white guy moving well beyond his physical boundaries?) I woke up about 3 days ago in utter agony as my lower back went on a rampage and has taught me to just fricken cool it. I'm not moving tomorrow. LOL.

I now have 90% of my belongings in the main house and have integrated everything. The next stage is to begin cleaning the leftover's from mom and now that my two sisters have picked over the bones of the estate, everything remaining is mine - for good or bad. That is a WEIRD feeling. One of the biggest areas to go through will be the kitchen. Mom and Dad were both excellent cooks and so have 500 of everything you can imagine in the kitchen. I'm sorry, but I don't really need 500 soup bowls and spoons LOL. That part will take some time and I have several bleary winter months ahead, so I'm sensing no problems.

That said, it's not that I have no interest in RF anymore, it's just that I have usually ground myself into a grease spot by about 12 noon and don't feel like napping in front of the computer. LOL. As you can imagine, this is a bit of a shock to a geezer who is used to a more sedate life of ease. But, though I will have to throttle back my adventures (IE. my brain still thinks it's 20, my body is 62).

The best for last. I know I've moaned, *****ed and complained about my loopy middle sister for a long time, here on RF, and did manage to tolerate her presence for 2 VERY long years. It took my eldest sister only 3 weeks to decide that this was not what she had signed on for and that dealing with Little Ms. Strange was almost impossible. This is coming from a trained RN, mind you. She said that she didn't really listen to my litany of complaints because unless you are in the "presence" you CANNOT understand. My diplomatic capital is almost unlimited now as she sees that what I was telling her was more observational that it was intended to be critical.

So.... Eldest sis is now refusing to back the immigration bid by Middle sis which will ensure that Middle moves back to Canada. With as many illnesses as Middle sis has, how she would think that moving to a country that has a A La Carte medical systems over a largely free medical systems she already enjoyed (to the hilt) is a good example of her inability to think things through.

Meanwhile, I continue to walk on clouds and sunshine, dash out into the yard to bond with the passing deer in search of apple bits, sit wearily watching the hummingbirds endless fighting over a spot at the feeders. (IT is simply amazing at how territorial hummingbirds are.) All this while plotting my next project. It sucks, so hard, but someone has to do it. :)

I will look in on RF from time to time as time permits.
Looks like pix aren't working again.
But I have something for your back.
https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.jeAr8jM77y85xPCKmTpVLAHaHa&pid=Api
th

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Looks like pix aren't working again.
But I have something for your back.
https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.jeAr8jM77y85xPCKmTpVLAHaHa&pid=Api
th
Oddly enough, I've been getting less headaches since she has gone. There might be a stress connection there. :)
Another wonderful aspect of moving into the main house (there are two house on the property one of which can now be turned instantly into an art studio or whatever) is that I have decided to maintain the no-smoking policy in the main house. When I want a smoke, regardless of time or weather, I go outside to my smoking station in the breeze way or in the parking area. The net result of doing just that is that I am smoking about 1/3 less because I'm not lighting up endlessly while at the computer (just to have them burn out in the ashtray most of the time.) And yes, at 4:30 am on a cold and rainy night two nights ago I had to ask myself why I was continuing to do this to myself. By the time I move I just might be smoke free!!!!!

Oh, and for the record, I'm a fan of Naproxin. Way better than Ibuprofen, though that is my 2nd choice.

Last edited: