• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unwanted change within me.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This summer I have experienced a side with me that I do not like, and its something I will be working on within my own journey. What do I talk about? This summer I have taken part in too much of the political discussion here on the forum. And some of my wording toward others has been from time to time rude or bad. Especially did my wrath go toward Trump, Who i, of course, do not know personally, so even I do read in the newspapers, and make up my mind about him, I should not be saying all the nasty negative I have done. So to the Trump supporters, I am sorry if my words hurt you, it was wrong of me. I still disagree with his politics.

So my main goal the last part of this year, and for the future is to be less judgmental to people who I do not always agree with.

So for me, it is important to do the changes within me so I am not to bother for others.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
But being angry and expressing it with someone who cares not about others is not a weakness. However, it's pretty much how one does it that can indeed manner.

So, don't get down on yourself as you are simply one of the nicest here at RF, and I'm not saying this because we so often tend to agree.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You have the right to espress whatever you wish here.:)
Even if I am a rightist...you have the sacred right to say rightists are wrong.
Don't apologize.:)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
But being angry and expressing it with someone who cares not about others is not a weakness. However, it's pretty much how one does it that can indeed manner.

So, don't get down on yourself as you are simply one of the nicest here at RF, and I'm not saying this because we so often tend to agree.
Well i agree that it is ok to comment, but i read some of my past commets, and i did not like that version of my self. And as a Buddhist i should not care about the political world :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This summer I have experienced a side with me that I do not like, and its something I will be working on within my own journey. What do I talk about? This summer I have taken part in too much of the political discussion here on the forum. And some of my wording toward others has been from time to time rude or bad. Especially did my wrath go toward Trump, Who i, of course, do not know personally, so even I do read in the newspapers, and make up my mind about him, I should not be saying all the nasty negative I have done. So to the Trump supporters, I am sorry if my words hurt you, it was wrong of me. I still disagree with his politics.

So my main goal the last part of this year, and for the future is to be less judgmental to people who I do not always agree with.

So for me, it is important to do the changes within me so I am not to bother for others.
One can consciously decide to not anger at others.
It works, albeit with varying degrees of success.
But hey....some success is better than none.

metis

And as a Buddhist i should not care about the political world :)
But since dharma teaches that all things are interrelated, the "political world" is very much an integral part of the whole world/universe.

So, ... :)

leov

Politicians now are just as they were in old Rome, they are not here to solve problems but make problems more complex. Understanding this just walk aside get a good cup of tea and watch, have fun, help a few as you can...

PureX

Veteran Member
When being confronted with toxic ideals, it's difficult not to become infected. So you have to take care of yourself, and step away to recuperate when you need to.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Come on! Barrel into it like a redneck!!

Hell yeahhh!!!!!!!!

I'd even give you my spare Bushido sword!

metis

It

is a part of this world yes :) But it is the spiritual cultivation i should focus on not what someone in a different country think of politics there :) IMHO
But all countries are interrelated as well.

Sorry, but I just gotta play "devil's advocate" with ya. How am I doing? :D

David1967

Premium Member

I know what you mean. Politics seems to always bring out the worst in people (myself included) since many do have strong views on the subject. Personally, I have stopped watching the so-called "news" channels such as Fox, CNN, MSN, etc. And you know, I feel much better. Do I still have political views? Sure I do, but now I try to be careful who I discuss this subject with. Turning off the talking heads on the networks has been a vast improvement to my life.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Perhaps look at this way - you (and the many more, like myself) are just acting as mirrors, to reflect back to Trump the error of his (nasty) ways, and if he does what he does then he should expect such. But be polite about dissing the idiot (like what I do)! :oops: And I'd give the same treatment to Corbyn even though I have been leftish all my life - since he too deserves as much criticism (for different reasons).

I'm sure it is better to be polite and respectful to all, but life has a way of getting between us and perfection - like providing so many convenient targets (or egotists/narcissists as they often seem to be). After all, they are so often the divisive ones rather than bringing us together. :rolleyes:

My excuse.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Perhaps look at this way - you (and the many more, like myself) are just acting as mirrors, to reflect back to Trump the error of his (nasty) ways, and if he does what he does then he should expect such. But be polite about dissing the idiot (like what I do)! :oops: And I'd give the same treatment to Corbyn even though I have been leftish all my life - since he too deserves as much criticism (for different reasons).

I'm sure it is better to be polite and respectful to all, but life has a way of getting between us and perfection - like providing so many convenient targets (or egotists/narcissists as they often seem to be). After all, they are so often the divisive ones rather than bringing us together. :rolleyes:

My excuse.
Thank you for your answer :)

The reason i chose to write about this issue i have, is because i noticed how much "negativity" i created and how much i received back whe i wrote about American politics and my view of it.
So in a way i did not create only a problem for my own spiritual journey, i created irritation and frustration for others too. And that is not the way i want people to see me.
Yes i am allowed to have my opinion, but not everything needed to be said the way i did.

So this thread is more about looking at my mistakes and understanding that even I failed the way i wanted to be understood, i learn from it and can become a better person from the negative experience this created for me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So this thread is more about looking at my mistakes and understanding that even I failed the way i wanted to be understood, i learn from it and can become a better person from the negative experience this created for me.
It beats failing, & then becoming comfortable with that state....which is common.
Ain't nobody perfect. How one addresses one's failures is what matters.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

don't wimp out
stay the course

hehehehe