• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unvaccinated 11x More Likely to Die

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Wouldn't one want to get vaccinated to prevent getting sick more so than lessening the symptoms?

We don't know the probability of how sick knew "could" get once they have the virus. However, we can track to an extent whether how the spread decreases relative to those who've vaccinated.

Also, those who are naturally immune (who have had COVID?) may be included in the unvaccinated because so that can influence the number of unvaccinated people.

My wife had her vaccine even though she got Covid. There isn't enough evidence that natural immunity lasts as long or is as effective as the vaccine is.

Lessening the symptoms is actually a very noble goal/effect. Don't know why it has to be all or nothing here.

Either it completely prevents the virus, or it's not worth getting.

Sorry medicine is perfect.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
My wife had her vaccine even though she got Covid. There isn't enough evidence that natural immunity lasts as long or is as effective as the vaccine is.

Lessening the symptoms is actually a very noble goal/effect. Don't know why it has to be all or nothing here.

Either it completely prevents the virus, or it's not worth getting.

Sorry medicine is perfect.

It isn't, no. I've taken meds all my life and still do or I'd be dead. I just thought given the effectiveness ones intentions would be to cure... but I've never intentionally taken vaccines all my life so whether they are meant to cure, I don't know.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
It isn't, no. I've taken meds all my life and still do or I'd be dead. I just thought given the effectiveness ones intentions would be to cure... but I've never intentionally taken vaccines all my life so whether they are meant to cure, I don't know.

Depends on the vaccine. They tend to prevent serious illness in most cases, not cure it.

I've been vaccinated from everything under the sun. Even smallpox, even though that's largely been eradicated in most places. **** I've even been vaccinated for Anthrax too (that one's ****ing painful).

The military lines you up and gives you many many vaccines, no questions asked. Just do it.

No one's gotten sick or died from it as a result.

And since the immunocompromised can't typically get vaccinated, I'll do it for them.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Depends on the vaccine. They tend to prevent serious illness in most cases, not cure it.

I've been vaccinated from everything under the sun. Even smallpox, even though that's largely been eradicated in most places. **** I've even been vaccinated for Anthrax too (that one's ****ing painful).

The military lines you up and gives you many many vaccines, no questions asked. Just do it.

No one's gotten sick or died from it as a result.

And since the immunocompromised can't typically get vaccinated, I'll do it for them.

I didn't know there was an Anthrax vaccine. When that came around I was I think 12 or 13. All I heard was don't sit on the public restrooms toilets 'cause you'll get anthrax; use tissue. We've been doing that since. Something about tissue: when there's an emergency, get tissue. (Edit) CDC says it's rare What is Anthrax? | CDC but I never knew too much about it other than the panic.

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I didn't know there was an Anthrax vaccine. When that came around I was I think 12 or 13. All I heard was don't sit on the public restrooms 'cause you'll get anthrax; use tissue. We've been doing that since. Something about tissue: when there's an emergency, get tissue.

It's a required vaccine for all military personnel going overseas. Same with the smallpox one, I've still got my scar from that one.
IMG_20210911_113527.jpg

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
CDC: Unvaccinated people are 11 times more likely to die of COVID-19 than people who got shots

This sounds like enough reason to get vaccinated to me.

To add, here is a piece written by my cousin's cohort. (She is a Seattle ER Dr, as is the author).

At my hospital, over 95% of COVID-19 patients share one thing in common: They’re unvaccinated
Unfortunately sticking one's head in the sand and thinking this is no biggie and having a severe case of denial diarrhea is very common.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
We can't deduce that, no, since we can't only compare the fatality rates among vaccinated and unvaccinated groups without taking into account other variables such as age, pre-existing conditions or lack thereof, etc.

For instance, in the previous two months, some statistics showed that the elderly were more likely to be vaccinated than younger adults:

Youngest adults are least likely to be vaccinated, and their interest in shots is declining, CDC finds

The 4 main fault lines that divide the vaccinated and the unvaccinated

Comparing the fatality rate of young unvaccinated adults with, say, vaccinated seniors aged 70 to 80 would paint an inaccurate picture, since the latter group are far more likely to have pre-existing conditions and poorer health in general due to age. Similarly, comparing the fatality rate of unvaccinated people who are 40-50 years old without pre-existing conditions to the fatality rate of those who are vaccinated in the 70-80 age range but with one or more pre-existing conditions is unlikely to accurately portray the situation either.

Analyzing statistics requires one to look at all variables involved before drawing any conclusions. If you want to compare the fatality rates of vaccinated and unvaccinated people, you need to make sure other variables don't heavily skew the results one way or another. I'd expect that a lot of the people who are most vulnerable to the virus, such as elderly and immunocompromised people, have already gotten vaccinated, which means the fatality rates among vaccinated people would include them. Meanwhile, a lot of the people who are still unvaccinated are younger and therefore less likely to die of COVID.

In a nutshell, your deduction would be correct if and only if we had absolutely no variables influencing the fatality rate among vaccinated and unvaccinated people except vaccination itself. The comparison would then be between two almost identical groups with only one difference (vaccination status). But as it stands, the deduction is incorrect because it doesn't take into account the variation among vaccinated and unvaccinated demographics as well as factors such as pre-existing conditions, age, etc.

I hear you but I have some issues with the deductions.

Yes, statistics say that elderly are more likely to be vaccinated and, of course, are more likely to die from covid.

But you have provided the statistics that the correct ration of elderly vs young people changed from this month. It is more likely that the same ration of vaccination elderly vs young is a constant.

Yes, we do need to look at all variables... but, unless statistically it can be proven, the ration of vaccination by age, at this point, will remain a constant until the amount of elderly that need vaccination is reduced by the sheer numbers.

I'm not sure how the statistics I gave have, in any way, been skewed by other factors ( until I have better statistics)