• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

unsure if this is a religion

wowfood

this seems like the best place to post this question. And i figure this is the best forum to ask it. I have what i feel are my own religious beliefs, but i'm also fairly sure that there may be others with similar beliefs. Perhaps even an official religion around it. So i wanted to know if it exists what the religion is. And now for my thoughts.

I believe that, to a degree, when we die we are reborn. The human body carries an energy, and energy cannot die, therefore when we die this energy is released from our bodies and joins the rest of the energy (the earth is saturated in an electromagnetic energy field)

After a while, when new life is born, energy cant be made from nothing, so it takes a small portion of energy from the world around it (i guess this is similar to the whole re-incarnation idea)

I myself believe that a lot of modern religions stem from this, the idea of heaven and hell for instance, they say as you die your life flashes before your eyes. If this is an imprint of what is stored on your released energy then your energy will be trapped in its own personal heaven (the good memories etc) or hell (the bad memories etc) until the moment the energy is reborn.

I could go into much deeper stuff then this, but that should be a good enough outline (i hope) to find if any other religions have a similar belief system as i do.

wowfood

ok, seeing as nobody has responded to this, i'll just pop a bit more detail into what my beliefs are. I still doubt anyone will read it but eh.

Every living thing has energy inside it. And when the physical being dies, that energy is released into the atmosphere. When a new life is born, it draws energy out of the atmosphere to bring itself to life.

This energy could also be considered in a way similar to Chi in the chinese martial arts, they draw energy from around them. Its highly likely that people could learn to draw in extra energy into themselves. And they also in certain martial arts "inject" chi into other people. If this were true, and they have to slowly absorb chi into themselves, a sudden burst could be dangerous.

This also opens up another thing of energy being reborn. How many things has mankind wiped out? plants animals entire species. It could be that, the increase in the human population has a direct corrolation to how much we've wiped off this earth just because. The energy that used to be used on these species now had nowhere to go, and instead was taken by the energy which was used to make mankind.

I've had similar beliefs for a long time, but until recently haven't been able to express them properly. My beliefs, i think, kind of tie together a lot of different religious beliefs with one theory. Heaven and Hell are tied to our dying memories. Re-incarnation is tied to the energy currently in heaven / hell, being re-used to give life to something new. The theory of limbo is actually the loop that all of this is trapped in.

certain religions predicted that, in 2012 there would be a spiritual awakening. What if back then they understood the energy better then my assumptions do. And they actually predicted when the earth would be saturated in enough energy for this awakening to happen.

In recent years a whole slew of new disease and illness has spread accross the world. SARS, Cancer, what if some of these ilnesses are directly linked to the other energies that we are polluting the world with. Light, radio waves, digital T.V. what if all of these things are contaminating the latent energy in the atmosphere. Damaging it in the slightest way which could be helping to make us susceptable to these new problems.

There is no "creation" theory behind my beliefs because well... to create something there has to be something, and for there to be something, something would have to be created, once again the eternal loop comes into play. If anything i would have to say that some kind of energy source tied itself to earth. Perhaps the big bang theory is right. And a tiny portion of that latent energy from the big bang attached itself to Earth and that is the energy which gave us life.

Either way i'd probably say that, if there are any beliefs similar to mine. Mine stems from another standpoint. There is no god to worship, no set rules to abide by or heed damnation. But just an understanding of where we came from, and how we have come to be. And the loop that, we threaten to destroy if we continue the way we are.

i'll end my rant for now.

+Xausted

this seems like the best place to post this question. And i figure this is the best forum to ask it. I have what i feel are my own religious beliefs, but i'm also fairly sure that there may be others with similar beliefs. Perhaps even an official religion around it. So i wanted to know if it exists what the religion is. And now for my thoughts.
the nearest religion to this is buddhism.
they believe, as a general overview, that there is no such thing as the soul, any concept of "I" ness is attachment which should be extinguised.
all life is suffering (The Four Holy Truths) and it is this suffering that keeps the self(even though there is no self) in the cycle of rebirth.
past deeds and personaltiy are transmitted through Karmic "seeds" that imprint on the next life.so the cycle of rebirth starts again.
as far as contamination goes and predicting a spitiual awakening goes....not sure were they fit in with which religion...maybe others can help
but that is as far as the similarities end from what i can see from your post

Alceste

Vagabond
I agree, you might find Buddhism has something to offer that is in line with your present views, particularly reincarnation. There are a lot of different types though, and I don't know much about it. Some of them definitely have "rules" :), and many of them have a very detailed concept of reincarnation and karma that will not line up with yours. If you try Zen Buddhism (which has pretty much no ideas or concepts) you can get used to the idea of practice (ie. meditation / contemplation) without having to struggle to line up your current ideas with a more religious form of Buddhism.

You will probably find that if you develop an interest in Buddhism and Taoism, and talk to people on these pathways, you will find it is not important for your ideas to line up perfectly with theirs.

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Somewhat similar to Buddhism in some ways, yeh. The emphasis on subtle energy is very similar to some Taoist beliefs/practices also.

Some would say these are similar to New Age beliefs, but for me New Age has cultural connotations that are apparently absent here. As per Alceste's suggestion, you'd probably find much more kindred spirit amongst Buddhists and Taoists, imo.

Alceste

Vagabond
Actually that reminds me of where I started myself, before I moved on to a world view with a distinctly Taoist flavour. I didn't go so far as to believe in reincarnation, but I did begin with a similar notion that life itself is a form of energy which could not be created or destroyed, and viewed where my unique awareness came from and where it is going as a vast pool of this stuff from which all living things draw the power to manifest themselves.

I've never come across anything in Taoism that contradicts this concept, although it's become simultaneously more textured and less concrete than it once was.

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
The closest religions in my opinion are Thelema, Gnosticism and Absolute Idealism.

Your ideas are not uncommon... in fact they are thread into all esoteric systems.

From an early age I began to forumlate ideas very similar to your own. I went to Asia and read a lot about Eastern Mystic traditions inc Buddhism.

However I later found the Philosophy of Thelema, and discovered it was the other side of the same coin.

I believe we are all microcosms of the Infinte. I believe in Universal Life and Universal Will. When the infinite incarnates, it first creates a Will (a star) which attracts a Soul. When the Will and the Soul become one, they mainfest in a human body.

0 . 1 2

When the body dies, the Soul is reunited with the infinite, taking with it all it learned through incarnation.

Unlike Buddhism there is no dogma in this belief, save only that the Soul has a Will.

Whether the Soul attains it's Will lies in the choices of the individual. Such is the paradox of Existance.

You might what to look into the concept of The Akasha also.

:)