• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UN's UDHR as a holy text?

74x12

Here's a link to the United Nation’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights:

Universal Declaration of Human Rights

I believe that like the bible this work was inspired by God even though it was assembled by human minds

I believe it to be consistent with God’s will

I therefore rank it alongside The Bible

Even though it is secular in nature

For me, it as authoritative as The Holy Bible

I believe that were it to be universally observed across the entire globe then the world would be a much, much better place

And yes, there are things missing in it, that it doesn't address but should...

For me, if there are conflicts between the two, for me the Universal Declaration of Human Rights trumps The Bible, as it is more recent

Question: Is there any otherwise secular text that for you has the same status as the traditional texts of your religion, such as for Christians The Holy Bible?
Hate to say it but the UN is not what it seems. Just occult people in charge of it.

I agree with people that say it's just a piece of paper that the UN doesn't necessarily follow itself. The UN is no good because it's a conglomerate of the nations. The Bible compares governments to devouring beasts.

Don't look at what they say or write. But their actions speak louder than words.

Psalm 58:1-2
Do ye indeed speak righteousness, O congregation? do ye judge uprightly, O ye sons of men? Yea, in heart ye work wickedness; ye weigh the violence of your hands in the earth.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Here's a link to the United Nation’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights:

Universal Declaration of Human Rights

I believe that like the bible this work was inspired by God even though it was assembled by human minds

I believe it to be consistent with God’s will

I therefore rank it alongside The Bible

Even though it is secular in nature

For me, it as authoritative as The Holy Bible

I believe that were it to be universally observed across the entire globe then the world would be a much, much better place

And yes, there are things missing in it, that it doesn't address but should...

For me, if there are conflicts between the two, for me the Universal Declaration of Human Rights trumps The Bible, as it is more recent

Question: Is there any otherwise secular text that for you has the same status as the traditional texts of your religion, such as for Christians The Holy Bible?

i believe that is highly unlikely that the document says it is God inspired and it seems to me to be speculative that the authors might have been.

i believe the Qu'ran is the Word of God.