• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UN's UDHR as a holy text?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Here's a link to the United Nation’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights:

Universal Declaration of Human Rights

I believe that like the bible this work was inspired by God even though it was assembled by human minds

I believe it to be consistent with God’s will

I therefore rank it alongside The Bible

Even though it is secular in nature

For me, it as authoritative as The Holy Bible

I believe that were it to be universally observed across the entire globe then the world would be a much, much better place

And yes, there are things missing in it, that it doesn't address but should...

For me, if there are conflicts between the two, for me the Universal Declaration of Human Rights trumps The Bible, as it is more recent

Question: Is there any otherwise secular text that for you has the same status as the traditional texts of your religion, such as for Christians The Holy Bible?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I believe that the healing and evolution of humanity that can bring and unite humanity together in a safe place to share and speak is very important to everyone.

The bible itself in my belief was a Law document written in its own times based on science advice of life in jeopardy due to its practices that involved a group of intelligent males who through medical sciences sought to prove a historic human assessment relative to a history of abuses through the status of religious sciences.

As our society has changed immensely since this documented advice, then I believe that as humanity spiritually adapted their conscious awareness, that the UN documents proves itself to be a modern day teaching statement of humanity in its highest spiritual awareness to try to organize that outcome.

Being a human who has lived the harm of science cause and effect upon what we always were taught was a spiritual body, our atmosphere.

Shad

Veteran Member
Is there any otherwise secular text that for you has the same status as the traditional texts of your religion, such as for Christians The Holy Bible?

Nope.

The UN does not even hold to the UNDHR anyways. It is just words on paper, nothing more.

exchemist

Veteran Member

I believe that like the bible this work was inspired by God even though it was assembled by human minds

I therefore rank it alongside The Bible

Even though it is secular in nature

For me, it as authoritative as The Holy Bible

I believe that were it to be universally observed across the entire globe then the world would be a much, much better place

And yes, there are things missing in it, that it doesn't address but should...

For me, if there are conflicts between the two, for me the Universal Declaration of Human Rights trumps The Bible, as it is more recent

Question: Is there any otherwise secular text that for you has the same status as the traditional texts of your religion, such as for Christians The Holy Bible?
Good one! Especially seeing as JWs apparently believe the UN is the "beast" of Revelations. :D More here: Jehovah's Witnesses and the United Nations - Wikipedia

I believe that like the bible this work was inspired by God even though it was assembled by human minds...

I think that is not as good as the Bible.

It says for example: “liberty and security of person”. I agree that all should be free. However, maybe it is not possible to have both.

“He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither. People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both”. - Benjamin Franklin

I think also that the “No one shall be held in slavery” is good. But it would mean that no one would have to pay taxes, all taxes should be voluntary.

The declaration has many good things and it is unfortunate that in many cases things are not as said in it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Nope.

The UN does not even hold to the UNDHR anyways. It is just words on paper, nothing more.
It's a statement of ideals. Without having a vision before us, it's very hard to go in a positive direction if it's even possible.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The UDHR basis to me is the law of love. Love in the realm of thought leads to statements such as I read in that document.

Actually yes and it's from the atheist who wrote most of Babylon 5. Just substitute nationalities or whatever you like for alien races:

The universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice.
The language is not Narn, or Human, or Centauri, or Gaim or Minbari
It speaks in the language of hope
It speaks in the language of trust
It speaks in the language of strength and the language of compassion
It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul.
But always it is the same voice
It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us,
And the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born
It is the small, still voice that says
We are one
No matter the blood
No matter the skin
No matter the world
No matter the star:
We are one
No matter the pain
No matter the darkness
No matter the loss
No matter the fear
We are one
Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognize this
singular truth and this singular rule:
That we must be kind to one another
Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost
diminishes us.
We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire
that will light the way to a better future.
We are one.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No. They are fundamentally incompatible. Thou shalt have no other gods before me, and penalizing it with death, is the polar opposite of Article 18, which grants the freedom of religion.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
No. They are fundamentally incompatible. Thou shalt have no other gods before me, and penalizing it with death, is the polar opposite of Article 18, which grants the freedom of religion.
OK, I'll rephrase that

"I believe it to be consistent with MY God's will"

The God I believe in is a genteel liberal

pearl

The American Bill of Rights, Catholic Social Justice.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The American Bill of Rights, Catholic Social Justice.
The American Bill of Rights factually grants and preserves as rights things that Christianity and its text, the Holy Bible, explicitly prohibit. Let's not gloss over and ignore the inhumane, violent, and oppressive laws that the Bible does promote. Death for working on the Sabbath? Unthinkable and forbidden under American law. No other gods than Jehovah? America will not only not kill you for it, it allows worship any god you want. Also, the Bill of Rights has nothing about the Sabbath, nothing about mothers and fathers, nothing about false witness, or any other commandments specific to Judaism or Christianity.

pearl

The American Bill of Rights factually grants and preserves as rights things that Christianity and its text, the Holy Bible, explicitly prohibit. Let's not gloss over and ignore the inhumane, violent, and oppressive laws that the Bible does promote. Death for working on the Sabbath? Unthinkable and forbidden under American law. No other gods than Jehovah? America will not only not kill you for it, it allows worship any god you want. Also, the Bill of Rights has nothing about the Sabbath, nothing about mothers and fathers, nothing about false witness, or any other commandments specific to Judaism or Christianity.

Do you also believe that the earth is flat and came about in 7 days? I compared the UN declaration on human rights with the American bill of rights and Catholic social justice document. Civilization evolves as does the interpretation of Scripture.

Shad

Veteran Member
It's a statement of ideals. Without having a vision before us, it's very hard to go in a positive direction if it's even possible.

Over 40 nations in the UN never signed it. The UN does not hold anyone violating it accountable. When does a vision become a fantasy denying reality?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Over 40 nations in the UN never signed it. The UN does not hold anyone violating it accountable. When does a vision become a fantasy denying reality?
An ideal is an ideal no matter what. Ideals which last tend to be realized sooner or later. After all, the same could have been said for "We hold these truths to be self-evident...". It's taken a couple of hundred years to try to achieve that and we're still not there yet.

Shad

Veteran Member
An ideal is an ideal no matter what. Ideals which last tend to be realized sooner or later.

Idealism can blind one to reality and lead to fantasy.

After all, the same could have been said for "We hold these truths to be self-evident...". It's taken a couple of hundred years to try to achieve that and we're still not there yet.

That isn't idealism as it is a claim of reality via "self-evident".

Has the UN invade anyone? Had a civil war? Nope as the UN is powerless. You forget what the US has done over centuries. The UN has done nothing but sent letters and give speeches.

Shad

Veteran Member
Reality can lead to a trap where nothing better can be realized.

Except something better can be realized. The problem is the UN has no ability to enact that change.

There are sources of power other than the gun.

The UN does not sanction nations for violating UNHDR. Again the UN is powerless that is the point you are ignoring. It has no power.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Idealism can blind one to reality and lead to fantasy.

That isn't idealism as it is a claim of reality via "self-evident".

Has the UN invade anyone? Had a civil war? Nope as the UN is powerless. You forget what the US has done over centuries. The UN has done nothing but sent letters and give speeches.

In the past the Satanic science nuclear stigmata advised attacks had been dealt with in and with the same purpose.

Loving, kind and caring spiritual males who tried to come together in a mutual ideal world community to pass laws in their own countries to update their spirituality and natural life and self healing techniques.

And you seem to disregard that humanity have been for a very long time, chemically mind and behaviour imbalanced by incoming unnatural science caused UFO radiation mass...that disperses unnatural heated amounts of cold spatial radiation into our gases.

So they agreed to implement natural changes and self advice to everyone in their own countries via this Tribunal in the past.

Which also then involved hard line reforms...for how can you control the behaviour of a massive human population losing their morality due to environmental changes.

What they all learnt in their past.....why today we can say that their social law reforms involving religious idealism were harsh...they were trying to control an irrational consciousness of growing inhumanity.

The exact life inheritance we own today.

So how should you act as a spiritual self. Be evident of your self supporting presence and try to shepherd the inhumanity into self realization or go in as hard line reform and cause an increased hatred.

Just a human choice.

So rational spirituality or the wisdom of the elders in any male human society who does not want to fall back into his old ways of depravity ought to for self and country and his human extended world God O earth communal family take action as a group and all come together in that form of mutual wisdom that they all admired their own male self responsible for....as a human and a brother and a Father?

Shad

Veteran Member
In the past the Satanic science nuclear stigmata advised attacks had been dealt with in and with the same purpose.

Loving, kind and caring spiritual males who tried to come together in a mutual ideal world community to pass laws in their own countries to update their spirituality and natural life and self healing techniques.

And you seem to disregard that humanity have been for a very long time, chemically mind and behaviour imbalanced by incoming unnatural science caused UFO radiation mass...that disperses unnatural heated amounts of cold spatial radiation into our gases.

So they agreed to implement natural changes and self advice to everyone in their own countries via this Tribunal in the past.

Which also then involved hard line reforms...for how can you control the behaviour of a massive human population losing their morality due to environmental changes.

What they all learnt in their past.....why today we can say that their social law reforms involving religious idealism were harsh...they were trying to control an irrational consciousness of growing inhumanity.

The exact life inheritance we own today.

So how should you act as a spiritual self. Be evident of your self supporting presence and try to shepherd the inhumanity into self realization or go in as hard line reform and cause an increased hatred.

Just a human choice.

So rational spirituality or the wisdom of the elders in any male human society who does not want to fall back into his old ways of depravity ought to for self and country and his human extended world God O earth communal family take action as a group and all come together in that form of mutual wisdom that they all admired their own male self responsible for....as a human and a brother and a Father?

Tin foil hat babble.