• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UN's Global Compact for Migration Expands on Hate Speech to Criminalise Criticism of Migration

Should there be a peoples vote before our leaders are allowed to sign up?

• Total voters

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The worry for free thinkers is how long will that continue.

BTW, that video is over 11 minutes long and you commented within 4 minutes. Do the Math.

You mean the worry for abusers and haters is how long they can get away with inciting violence..?

Do you actually think i watch your videos? I am more intelligent than that, i read the title and i know you

Notanumber

A Free Man
You mean the worry for abusers and haters is how long they can get away with inciting violence..?

Do you actually think i watch your videos? I am more intelligent than that, i read the title and i know you

You think you know me as you think you know Tommy Robinson, but do you ever think you might be wrong?

The mentality of the Left is that they are never wrong no matter what facts tell them.

ChristineM

Premium Member
You think you know me as you think you know Tommy Robinson, but do you ever think you might be wrong?

The mentality of the Left is that they are never wrong no matter what facts tell them.

Nope, not wrong about you or the alias of Yaxley Lennon. You have confirmed my view too often with not a single post to make me reconsider. It may happen but i wont be holding my breath.

And that is your considered opinion after all the bull that has been refuted, proven to be lies and shown to be outright deception about brexit that you would always consider is right even though you know it to be lies and deception. Physician heal thyself?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Nope, not wrong about you or the alias of Yaxley Lennon. You have confirmed my view too often with not a single post to make me reconsider. It may happen but i wont be holding my breath.

And that is your considered opinion after all the bull that has been refuted, proven to be lies and shown to be outright deception about brexit that you would always consider is right even though you know it to be lies and deception. Physician heal thyself?

Do not hold your breath if you expect me to submit to Islam or any other equally authoritarian ideology.

Liberty is my middle name.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
This seems to be the part of the Compact they are referring to
https://www.un.org/pga/72/wp-content/uploads/sites/51/2018/07/migration.pdf

Promote independent, objective and quality reporting of media outlets, including internetbased information, including by sensitizing and educating media professionals on migration-related issues and terminology, investing in ethical reporting standards and advertising, and stopping allocation of public funding or material support to media outlets that systematically promote intolerance, xenophobia, racism and other forms of discrimination towards migrants, in full respect for the freedom of the media

So this might cause a media outlet like the BBC to lose funding.
Sounds like a fine idea.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Do not hold your breath if you expect me to submit to Islam or any other equally authoritarian ideology.

Liberty is my middle name.

No is your first name?

So long as your liberty does not extend to muslims, got ya!

Notanumber

A Free Man
Right, i will tell the muslins i know they are getting it all wrong 'cos some fare right islamophobe says so. I am sure they will be interested once they stop laughing.

Try educating yourself about what liberty means to islam islam here
9. The Meaning of Liberty In Islam

If they are Mohammedans and they are laughing, they are laughing at you and your gullible friends.

If the following statement sums up your argument then I rest my case -

It became clear that Islam bases all its laws and order, from the viewpoint of belief, on the three principles, and so it cannot grant freedom in them, otherwise the foundation of law would be shaken.

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
If they are Mohammedans and they are laughing, they are laughing at you and your gullible friends.

If the following statement sums up your argument then I rest my case -

It became clear that Islam bases all its laws and order, from the viewpoint of belief, on the three principles, and so it cannot grant freedom in them, otherwise the foundation of law would be shaken.

So narrow minded, really have no idea.

Interesting how you ignore 95% of the essay and concentrate on a few words that you think massages your ego but it matters not, muslims are at liberty to choose what they want. You claim you middle name is liberty, allow them the liberty to make their own choices.

Notanumber

A Free Man
So narrow minded, really have no idea.

Interesting how you ignore 95% of the essay and concentrate on a few words that you think massages your ego but it matters not, muslims are at liberty to choose what they want. You claim you middle name is liberty, allow them the liberty to make their own choices.

I guessed that they would be narrow-minded and have little idea of the aims and ambitions of their religion.

At least I took the trouble to read what you provided whereas you cannot be bothered to watch a video or even read the comments before commenting yourself.

They can have as much liberty as they like if their liberty does not negatively affect my liberty. Unfortunately, that is not how Islam functions. Islam is all about controlling non-Muslims.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I guessed that they would be narrow-minded and have little idea of the aims and ambitions of their religion.

At least I took the trouble to read what you provided whereas you cannot be bothered to watch a video or even read the comments before commenting yourself.

They can have as much liberty as they like if their liberty does not negatively affect my liberty. Unfortunately, that is not how Islam functions. Islam is all about controlling non-Muslims.

Way to misrepresent. The average muslim knows their religion, unlike most christians who only pay lip service to their religion, and way more than a guy shouting for british values who actually has no idea what represents british values (ring any bells?)

You were looking for loopholes and danced a jig when you thought you found one. Not realising your attempt at discrediting muslins backfired on your claim to liberty. My excuse is i know precisely the type of propaganda you clog up these threads with and have no will to get annoyed at deliberate ignorance.

Seems to me you are the one denying liberty

Notanumber

A Free Man
Way to misrepresent. The average muslim knows their religion, unlike most christians who only pay lip service to their religion, and way more than a guy shouting for british values who actually has no idea what represents british values (ring any bells?)

You were looking for loopholes and danced a jig when you thought you found one. Not realising your attempt at discrediting muslins backfired on your claim to liberty. My excuse is i know precisely the type of propaganda you clog up these threads with and have no will to get annoyed at deliberate ignorance.

Seems to me you are the one denying liberty

The average Muslim knows what they are being told about their religion in the same way that western schoolchildren are being indoctrinated with Islam.

It is just as well that you do not get annoyed at deliberate ignorance being as the Left are full of it.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The average Muslim knows what they are being told about their religion in the same way that western schoolchildren are being indoctrinated with Islam.

It is just as well that you do not get annoyed at deliberate ignorance being as the Left are full of it.

There ya go again with the hatred. Please provide valid evidence that western schoolchildren are being indoctrinated with islam.

When i say valid i mean a neutral, validated source, not a xenophobic rag story designed to gee up far right islamophobia

No more than the right and far less than than extremist far right hate merchants such as that money grabbing, attention seeking failure Yaxly lemmon

Notanumber

A Free Man
There ya go again with the hatred. Please provide valid evidence that western schoolchildren are being indoctrinated with islam.

When i say valid i mean a neutral, validated source, not a xenophobic rag story designed to gee up far right islamophobia

No more than the right and far less than than extremist far right hate merchants such as that money grabbing, attention seeking failure Yaxly lemmon

I refer you to post #164

As Nigel says it starts from the age of eight or even earlier.

Matthew and his mate Jim aged 10 are wise to the propaganda. They are fellow Leavers.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I refer you to post #164

As Nigel says it starts from the age of eight or even earlier.

Matthew and his mate Jim aged 10 are wise to the propaganda. They are fellow Leavers.

So you think fararge can give a valid opinion??? Wow, where is his evidence?

Sounds like Matthew and his buddy have been well indoctrinated. Unless of course you think its perfectly natural for a 10 year old to hold strong political opinion on the future of their country and issues they do not have the experience or knowledge to understand.

Last edited:

Notanumber

A Free Man
So you think fararge can give a valid opinion??? Wow, where is his evidence?

Sounds like Matthew and his buddy have been well indoctrinated. Unless of course you think its perfectly natural for a 10 year old to hold strong political opinion on the future of their country and issues they do not have the experience or knowledge to understand.

Some children are smarter than the Left gives them credit for.

I did say they were fellow Leavers after all.