• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unpacking Donald Trump's controversial Tweet

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Green New Deal. It died without a whimper despite all the lip service media and Dems provided.

Nope. Try again. You think men can not learn about biology. You are wrong in that.

Yes and I countered it by pointing out education isn't unique to SCOTUS memebers. More so Roe vs Wade was based on privacy clauses not basic biology. Try again. Maybe explain about this knowledge you never provide by draw from ether.

Such as what? Something more than an assertion

Evidence?

No there isn't more to it. Sex can result in pregnancy. Abortion is ending that pregnancy. It isn't that hard.

I have little issues with medical condition that risk both the parent and child. If a risk to the parent only the parent can decide. Financials concerns I reject. Timing concerns I reject. I reject the below as it pre-existing.

She can stop having sex. That is one way people avoid self-harm... by not doing the thing which can cause that harm.

Except that is the point you made above. Sex can lead to pregnancy which caused harm to your mother. Ergo does not want to deal with the results of an action. Get a dildo. Get her tubes cut.

No it is. Action to result. Stop the action and the result does not occur.

You asserted twice and I have rejected it. Deal with it.

That whatever knowledge you babble about counters my view point. So far as per the above it hasn't. This is because all your arguments are framed based on wanting to have sex regardless of results instead of if abortion of another human is justified based on the whim of another. Hence why your only option is pro-abortion which I provided alternatives. Desire is primary not life.

No. The tweet is gone so I have no idea if it was a response to X or just a random tweet. Ergo I can not confirm anything the media claims is context. NYT claims it was made during the conflict in 2012 in Gaza. Omar claims this as well. I can not confirm either.

You can go chasing for "context" if you want. The trope does not change.

I ask again. What have the Squad done that is special in Congress?
My view is pro-CHOICE. Get it right. Your body, your choice. Man or woman. Reject whatever you want - it only matters when it comes to your own body. Leave other people's bodies alone, they aren't yours.

I'm done talking with someone who can't be bothered to actually take in and process what is being said to them and instead repeats himself; that won't even consider nuance in cases where it obviously exists; and doesn't care to understand the entire scope of the subject matter under discussion. You obviously aren't open to learning or enlightenment. You can't even admit that your paraphrasing of something I said wasn't accurate, nor will you acknowledge the part that you accidentally left out.

So once again, we're done.
Bye.

Shad

Veteran Member
My view is pro-CHOICE. Get it right. Your body, your choice. Man or woman. Reject whatever you want - it only matters when it comes to your own body. Leave other people's bodies alone, they aren't yours.

Call it whatever you want.

Men can not get abortions. Men can not force a woman to abort. It has nothing to do with men.

It involves another body. The child in development.

There are laws against shoving whatever drugs you want down your throat.So no you can't do what you want without consequence nor is it legal for you to do so.

I'm done talking with someone who can't be bothered to actually take in and process what is being said to them and instead repeats himself; that won't even consider nuance in cases where it obviously exists; and doesn't care to understand the entire scope of the subject matter under discussion. You obviously aren't open to learning or enlightenment. You can't even admit that your paraphrasing of something I said wasn't accurate, nor will you acknowledge the part that you accidentally left out.

I took it in. I provided alternatives to abortion. Try again. Just because an argument convinced you does not mean it convinced me. The majority of abortions have nothing to do with medical conditions anyways. It is finances and timing something that people can plan for without issue if they thought for more than 5 mins into the future

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Call it whatever you want.

Men can not get abortions. Men can not force a woman to abort. It has nothing to do with men.

It involves another body. The child in development.

There are laws against shoving whatever drugs you want down your throat.So no you can't do what you want without consequence nor is it legal for you to do so.

I took it in. I provided alternatives to abortion. Try again. Just because an argument convinced you does not mean it convinced me. The majority of abortions have nothing to do with medical conditions anyways. It is finances and timing something that people can plan for without issue if they thought for more than 5 mins into the future

I just demonstrated that there's more to it than that.

What was it I was saying .... o_O

Shad

Veteran Member
I just demonstrated that there's more to it than that.

What was it I was saying .... o_O

Yes I know. Like I posted there are medical condition I accept. Death of both parent and child. Death of the parent. I would add that death need not be immediate but will lead to it. So a child that even if born will die.

sooda

Veteran Member
Yes I know. Like I posted there are medical condition I accept. Death of both parent and child. Death of the parent. I would add that death need not be immediate but will lead to it. So a child that even if born will die.

You've had a vasectomy?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Wait a minute, chain migration is bad and must be ended, according to Donald Trump.:shrug:
50010174_1556749807802567_4282383771967160320_n.jpg

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I agree and I also say that health is just as important. Because a person's health may be jeopardized and/or damaged for the rest of the life (as in the case of my mother and my grandmother - it happens all the time as pregnancy still has many risks involved) as a result of a pregnancy, then I say it's up to the individual to make their own decision. This is why I leave it up to the individual and the doctor. I don't think it's up to you or me to tell someone what they need to be doing with their own bodies, given the variables and risks involved in each individual situation.

Shad

Veteran Member
I agree and I also say that health is just as important. Because a person's health may be jeopardized and/or damaged for the rest of the life (as in the case of my mother and my grandmother - it happens all the time as pregnancy still has many risks involved) as a result of a pregnancy, then I say it's up to the individual to make their own decision. This is why I leave it up to the individual and the doctor. I don't think it's up to you or me to tell someone what they need to be doing with their own bodies, given the variables and risks involved in each individual situation.

I provided alternatives which I think would work in most cases without the need for abortion in the specific case you brought up.

People tell other people what to do all the time. That is why we have laws and consequences for poor action. You do not get to hold your view in isolation just because you do not like other people's input.

Your point overall is a great argument against public healthcare. If no one can tell you what you should or should not do or put in your body there is no reason why the public needs to cover the costs of health problems as a result. Do meth? Pay for your own treatment. After all if I have nothing to say then my dollar does not have to pay.