• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

University

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
First congratulations.

There's such a broad range of possibilities under the rubric of theology including theological history, the role of theology in science, the debates between various faiths, the role of schism in Christianity and so forth that I'm lost.

Care to list some of the course titles?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
First congratulations.

There's such a broad range of possibilities under the rubric of theology including theological history, the role of theology in science, the debates between various faiths, the role of schism in Christianity and so forth that I'm lost.

Care to list some of the course titles?
"The Theology course has a dedicated focus on Christian traditions and you'll also study elements of other religions, philosophy and ethics.

As a single honours student, you'll start by exploring Christianity, biblical studies, philosophy, ethics and world religions. If you are combining with another subject, you will take the compulsory modules on the Bible, Christianity, and Philosophical Reflection."

The 2nd and 3rd years seem more open to one's own choices.

As a single honours student, you'll start by exploring Christianity, biblical studies, philosophy, ethics and world religions.

Ooh, you get to study these quaint 'world religions' like what foreigners believe in, especially non-European foreigners.

Maybe you'll learn about the one with monkey-gods or the one with funny sideburns or the one with genies and magic carpets.

Haha, they're funny folk these foreigners with their strange world religions.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Ooh, you get to study these quaint 'world religions' like what foreigners believe in, especially non-European foreigners.

Maybe you'll learn about the one with monkey-gods or the one with funny sideburns or the one with genies and magic carpets.

Haha, they're funny folk these foreigners with their strange world religions.
Hanuman is great :)

01253_n_10aekwcwm52637-e1474327049546.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
"The Theology course has a dedicated focus on Christian traditions and you'll also study elements of other religions, philosophy and ethics.

As a single honours student, you'll start by exploring Christianity, biblical studies, philosophy, ethics and world religions. If you are combining with another subject, you will take the compulsory modules on the Bible, Christianity, and Philosophical Reflection."

The 2nd and 3rd years seem more open to one's own choices.
I was actually looking for something more like this
Biblical Theology Courses - Western Seminary

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I was actually looking for something more like this
Biblical Theology Courses - Western Seminary
Oh, you mean modules?

Intro to Biblical Studies.
Intro to Christianity.
Philosophical Reflection and Ethics of Wellbeing.
Intro to Ethics.
Intro to Philosophy.
World Religions.

(All core modules)

First year covered.

Historical Jesus (Core module; the rest are optional).
Selected NT Texts.
Judaism.
Kant.
John Stuart Mill.
Philosophy of Religion.
Religion and Science.
Religious Ethics, Human Rights and Social Justice.

Second year covered.

Theology and Religion indie study (Core).
Great Books of Religion, Philosophy and Ethics (Core).
Theology and Religion Extended Research Essay (Core).
Great Books of Religion, Philosophy and Ethics 2 (Core; the rest are optional).
Biblical Interpretation .
Social World of the NT.
Religion Today.
Religion, Visual Imagination and Film.
Religion, Gender and Sexuality.
Classical Christian Mysticism.

Third year covered :)

Last edited:

vulcanlogician

Awesome that you are studying something that interests you. A lot of good can come from such pursuits, though it isn't always obvious how at first blush.

Sorry. I don't have any resources for you. I'm just another person dropping in to wish you well.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm not sure what you mean - there's only one Theology course. It's just called Theology.

AH, I thought it was a semester full of various theology courses. So it's probably what I would have called "Theology 101" back in the day.