• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Universe Code

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
So, we like to see our bodies, and by extension, the matter around us as solid. Like this.

Cg77O3N.jpg

But the reality is something more like...

0oBV4mF.jpg

You see, our bodies aren't solid at all on the atomic level, being composed of loads and loads of tiny atoms which according to the uncertainty principle

The uncertainty principle says that we cannot measure the position (x) and the momentum (p) of a particle with absolute precision. The more accurately we know one of these values, the less accurately we know the other.

could be anywhere. And most of them are gases! So basically, our physical forms are sort of ghost that we imagine to be solid by convention. In essence ourselves and everything around us are made of microscopic compounds strung together by loose bonds. And yet, not only can our our bodies bend metal (with effort) but if they happen to be cut, can repair itself. There's nothing in these that explains this, unless we see the universe as a constant series of chemical and mathematical equations floating in the air. Kinda like this, only much more dense.

1.jpg

With me so far? So then, what is to stop humans from say... rearranging some atoms to ghost through a brick wall, lighting a stove, or heck just gathering hydrogen and oxygen out of the air to make water?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So, we like to see our bodies, and by extension, the matter around us as solid. Like this.

Cg77O3N.jpg

0oBV4mF.jpg

You see, our bodies aren't solid at all on the atomic level, being composed of loads and loads of tiny atoms which according to the uncertainty principle

could be anywhere. And most of them are gases! So basically, our physical forms are sort of ghost that we imagine to be solid by convention. In essence ourselves and everything around us are made of microscopic compounds strung together by loose bonds. And yet, not only can our our bodies bend metal (with effort) but if they happen to be cut, can repair itself. There's nothing in these that explains this, unless we see the universe as a constant series of chemical and mathematical equations floating in the air. Kinda like this, only much more dense.

1.jpg

With me so far? So then, what is to stop humans from say... rearranging some atoms to ghost through a brick wall, lighting a stove, or heck just gathering hydrogen and oxygen out of the air to make water?
Best OP in RF ever :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Cg77O3N.jpg

0oBV4mF.jpg

1.jpg

Frequency.

Atoms are mostly empty. Example. If the space was removed from every atom of every human being alive on earth the resulting super dense mass would equal the size of a sugar cube.

Every single atom in the universe oscillates at a different frequency, this oscillation makes essentially empty space of objects seem solid.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, the problem is that the term 'solid' only makes sense in the context of large collections of atoms.

Also, it is NOT true that the atoms can be *anywhere*. While the uncertainty principle says their precise positions cannot be determined, we can, nonetheless, determine general locations.

Next, saying that most of our atoms are gases is again, mixing up levels. Even to be a gas depends on things like pressure and temperature. Even still, water is only made of 'gases' (hydrogen and oxygen), but it is a liquid.

Anyway, there are too many other issues in this to go further.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Cg77O3N.jpg

0oBV4mF.jpg

1.jpg

Because rearranging your atoms would kill you. Teleportation etc is sci-fi only. And getting atoms to penetrate a brick wall in any number is a very slow process, possible only for atoms that are arranged as very small molecules (e.g. water). Whereas a lot of what makes up your structure is polymers, millions of atoms long.

I always liked the rhyme about teleportation being not entirely reliable, from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
I teleported home one night,
with Ron and Sid and Meg.
Ron stole Maggie's heart away,
And I got Sidney's leg.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
... and we're all nothing but quarks and quarks have spin so why aren't we dizzy?

(Although it must be admitted that some OPs are dizzier than others.)

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money

Cg77O3N.jpg

0oBV4mF.jpg

1.jpg

The matter is who designed this creature with this unique and complex design
Is a human form in this way self? Or because of autochemical reactions

The human body is made up of materials found in the universe (except this unique thing) of the soul
The analogy is like a branch of a plant that gets green because of water

When it gets water it becomes green and this is what we call the breath of the soul and the soul is something that only God has
God has given some prophets limited authority to revive the dead as miracles such as Jesus

Let man consider what he was created from. He was created from gushing liquid. Issuing from between the backbone and the breastbones.

majorly exist from clay, from molded mud.

This creation should be in a warm liquid area under a certain pressure ratio, and these conditions encourage the vital activity of the nature of this body
All equations reject self-creation or evolution

microbes migrating with meteorites and comets
the plague is a bacterial disease
When astrologers were watching meteorites and comets, they were pessimistic about diseases, epidemics and wars

It was pointed out that the creation of man was in a vital environment where gravity, heat and skill so high that adapts to live on the planet only? !!

No one can know determinism correctly fully
There are traps of the behavior of variable elements with time variables and all we have possibilities, so one thinks that science remains mere suspicions

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
S

Cg77O3N.jpg

0oBV4mF.jpg

1.jpg

Do you believe every cell has its own consciousness?

ecco

Veteran Member

could be anywhere. And most of them are gases!

I don't understand why you are trying to sound all sciency but I read as far as the above-quoted part.

If you believe that atoms are gasses you really need to go back to school.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Forces.
Mainly the electromagnetic force that keeps atoms bound into molecules and molecules attached to each other. To overcome those forces you'd have to use a lot of energy.

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
Show one equation that rejects evolution.

Regarding the beginning of creation, the science answers, apologize because it is not our specialty
Because science is the field of work to monitor the tangible things and their impact in the world of witness that we live
While how the first composition of objects is metaphysical does not fall under the sense of observation or experimentation

The existence of the difference between the two worlds, the world of the unseen (metaphysical) and the world of witness , a fact indicated by the sources of knowledge, including science, where it says that there must be a previous existence of matter, energy and laws studied by science

Matter, energy and laws are meanings and inanimate objects that do not create, master or create

How to find the first of living things, is beyond the norms of the basics of life, it is precedent

It precedes the reproductive processes of male and female beings as the chain of couples must form a beginning far from reproduction
This is governed by the mind and how to find this beginning is from the unseen world (metaphysical)

We can deduce, through contemplation of fossils and distributed across layers and similarities between organisms and geographically distributed and genetic material about how the first creation was an independent creation or of common origins
The answer may be reached in more than one way

If two objects resemble, they can reasonably be independent creation similar or that one of them came out of the other and there is no way to limit the possibilities to one of them through science
One of the basics of experimental science is that if I enter the laboratory and follow specific steps and produce a chemical compound, the shortest thing I can say is that these steps lead to this compound
If I know that there is more than one way to produce this chemical and then I see the same compound in the hands of others, I can not judge that it produced the same steps, but may have been produced by other interactions
This is a scientific principle and applicable and the subject of agreement even if any researcher discuss the scientific results of any experiment on the same basis of the first, rejection of his research and conclusions

So how it is the first metaphysical creation of various beings, which is not determined by options

The result is that there is a Creator of absolute power and will, and that his actions are not subject to material laws

How do we know if the Creator brought out objects of common origin or created them independently
How do we know the answer to this metaphysical question?
Objects appeared in many forms and complex from ancient time and it help you when you see that it is not above the ground or under it, nor in the present or the past the impact of randomness or blindness or confusion and unsuccessful attempts to produce objects

The trap that atheists try to follow is the adaptation of verses of religions to fit the myths (Superstition) of false science, because this is an appropriate behavior for certainty.

What if the theory of evolution proves true in the future?
This question violates the most basic axioms of the philosophy of science
Because science will not come to you in the present or in the future evidence of something outside the scope of his research, as well as to bring evidence of the myth (Superstition) that opposes all generators of knowledge that science says

and this is video
please select english subtitle for any suitable language

exchemist

Veteran Member

0oBV4mF.jpg

1.jpg

I've just realised, thanks to the replies from others, that you have confused the physical states of elements with the physical states of chemical compounds.

Hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen, in their elemental states, are made of small molecules with 2 atoms each: H2, O2, N2. The attraction between these molecules is very weak, and the molecules are very light, which allows them to buzz around freely (at the temperatures and pressures we are familiar with). So they are gases.

However the human body is made of chemical compounds, in which atoms of these elements are bonded not just to each other but to atoms of other elements, often into very large molecules, or molecules like water which have quite strong bonds between one molecule and the next. So these are not gases. They are liquids or solids, because their molecules are, in effect, stuck together.

Consider: there are more atoms of oxygen than anything else in an average lump of solid rock!

Audie

Veteran Member
Because rearranging your atoms would kill you. Teleportation etc is sci-fi only. And getting atoms to penetrate a brick wall in any number is a very slow process, possible only for atoms that are arranged as very small molecules (e.g. water). Whereas a lot of what makes up your structure is polymers, millions of atoms long.

I always liked the rhyme about teleportation being not entirely reliable, from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
I teleported home one night,
with Ron and Sid and Meg.
Ron stole Maggie's heart away,
And I got Sidney's leg.

Worse, the sci fi classic, The Fly

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Frequency.

Atoms are mostly empty. Example. If the space was removed from every atom of every human being alive on earth the resulting super dense mass would equal the size of a sugar cube.

Every single atom in the universe oscillates at a different frequency, this oscillation makes essentially empty space of objects seem solid.
Empty just might mean it's so small we can't detect it yet. Personally I think matter is infinite and multifaceted that goes infinitely in the micro as well as the macro universe. A good question would be also to ask if energy is matter.