• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

universalism as a faith practice

trablano

For me, universalism is still a matter of faith and love. I am a christian and I believe in Jesus, but I also believe in a salvation of all people, not just some. For me, God is just like that, an overflowing well of love and grace that changes us continually to the better, not just here and especially after death. This is what I actually believe in, and I think it is a stance that is very much needed in the world and in the religions.

I do not only believe in Jesus, I also believe in other gods like Odin, Zeus, Shiva, Buddha, and so many others. The gods, for me, are always benevolent and hold a deep and sacred friendship to each other and mankind. They hate nobody and have never conjured wars or terror.

I am here searching for likeminded people. There is no UU church nearby me so the fellowship that I have now is with ordinary churches, a lutheran and a catholic one. I am accepted and can go to services and receive communion (am baptized lutheran).

Can you recommend some good books for me? I want to immerse myself in universalistic literature. Thank you and God bless you!

EverChanging

For me, universalism is still a matter of faith and love. I am a christian and I believe in Jesus, but I also believe in a salvation of all people, not just some. For me, God is just like that, an overflowing well of love and grace that changes us continually to the better, not just here and especially after death. This is what I actually believe in, and I think it is a stance that is very much needed in the world and in the religions.

I do not only believe in Jesus, I also believe in other gods like Odin, Zeus, Shiva, Buddha, and so many others. The gods, for me, are always benevolent and hold a deep and sacred friendship to each other and mankind. They hate nobody and have never conjured wars or terror.

I am here searching for likeminded people. There is no UU church nearby me so the fellowship that I have now is with ordinary churches, a lutheran and a catholic one. I am accepted and can go to services and receive communion (am baptized lutheran).

Can you recommend some good books for me? I want to immerse myself in universalistic literature. Thank you and God bless you!

The Evangelical Universalist, by Gregory Macdonald.