• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Universal Sufism

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend fenrisx,

Thanks for sharing.
yes what is the teaching? and in meditation what is the state of mind one is trying to reach? If you could share??

Love & rgds

fenrisx

Friend fenrisx,

Thanks for sharing.
yes what is the teaching? and in meditation what is the state of mind one is trying to reach? If you could share??

Love & rgds

As for meditation, theres the wazifa, focus on one of the attributes of the divine, you are seeking unity with the divine. The tradition is a transmission of wisdom drawing of the lineage of the Chisti Sufi tradition.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend fenrisx,

Sorry, could not follow, how one is a barrier for himself?
Could you clarify in details, how? and how the path helps?

Love & rgds

fenrisx

Friend fenrisx,

Sorry, could not follow, how one is a barrier for himself?
Could you clarify in details, how? and how the path helps?

Love & rgds

I was refering to what are called the nafs, a person's baser tendencies....
Sufi seeks to gain greater control over them and in that sense purify the self and attempting to emulate the divine.

is that a better explanation?

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Ace thread folks. Am always on the look out for this group where ever I travel to.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend ST,

Good to see you posting once in a while.
Do keep us posted on your journey [both].
Meet any wise men, following the star??
Take Care and Best Wishes on your journey!
Love & rgds

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Have a thread in 'know your moderators' that I've put a bit of my journey into, but won't muck up this thread with any stories :)

I've had fun whirling my way around the country, encountering Love everywhere I've went, polishing my mirror and helping others do the same so that we can all reflect the Light of God in each other back into the world.