• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unity -- Ellam Ondre

atanu

Premium Member
Bhagwan Shri Ramana Maharshi recommended Ellam Ondre. He said to Annamalai Swami: If you want moksha, read Ellam Ondre. In the present time when every person is angry at every other person, the following teaching can be healing.

ELLAM ONDRE

I. UNITY

1. All, including the world seen by you and yourself, the seer of the world, is ONE only.
2. All that you consider as I, you, he, she and it, is ONE only.

3. What you consider to be sentient beings and what you consider to be insentient, such as earth, air, fire, and water is all ONE.

4. The good which is derived by your considering all as one cannot be had by considering each as separate from the other. Therefore all is ONE.

5. The knowledge of the unity of all is good for you and good for others as well. Therefore all is ONE.

6. He who sees "I am separate," "you are separate," "he is separate" and so on, acts one way to himself and another way to others. He cannot help doing so. The thought "I am separate, others are separate" is the seed from which grows the tree of differing actions in relation to different persons. How can there be any lapse from righteousness for a person who knows the unity of himself with others? As long as the germ of differentiation is there, the tree of differing actions will flourish, even unawares. Therefore give up differentiation. All is ONE only.

7. Ask: "If in the world all things appear different, how can I consider all as one? Is there any way of gaining this knowledge?" The reply is: "In the same tree we see leaves, flowers, berries, and branches different from one another, yet they are all one because they are all included in the word 'tree'. Their root is the same; theIr sap is the same. Similarly, all things, all bodies, all organisms are from the same source and activated by the same life principle."
Therefore all is ONE.