• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unified Theory of Creation/Evolution

Andreas

Greetings;
It is my intent to prove that not only is there no conflict between the theory of evolution and creation, but that they are in fact describing the same events and that the bible describes, in symbolism, the rise of man. First, we must use the most powerful device in unlocking the writings: Symbolism. Any person that reads 'Revelations' in the KJB can clearly see that a beast rising from the sea with multiple heads and horns is a symbol for something else, and if I stated that a woman had 'broken my heart', only a fool would look for a scar on my chest....with this in mind-
God makes the universe in 6 days....which cannot possibly be a 'human' day; the sun is not made on the first day, logically this must be one of the Lord's 'day'. Now, how long is one of His 'days'? A Billion years? Let us also turn this view upon Adam and Eve. If I say "Man and Woman", am I speaking of 1 man,1 woman? No...thus also with 'Adam and 'Eve'; They simply represent the first men and women that arose from the animal state, the symbol for this is the fruit of the tree of forbidden wisdom, (No apple,mind you), this symbolizes the fact that people became intelligent,and the problems that come after. The "Garden of Eden" was a description of the natural world we lived in before this event, free of fore-knowledge of death, and just as you and I will not return to living as animals in the woods, so too that Adam and Eve cannot return to the 'Garden'. These symbolisms have convinced me that the original writers of these books were describing, in poetic fashion, exactly what we know now to be true: man arose from a primitive state, and this intelligence causes problems because of mans moral weakness.
I am now convinced of other symbolisms in Gen. and other books:
Noah's Ark is based on true story, although there was no 'ark'.
Ezekiel's wheel is not a physical object, but a sacred secret.
Where the strange Hebrew taboo "Not to boil a kid in it's mother's milk "originated from, and what it's truth is.
Even the real reason why pigs and pork were forbidden by Hebrews and Muslims....the bible is unfolding itself to me now, and I want to have others challenge my ideas, this is the main reason I am posting on this board.
I have never read of these ideas anywhere - so feedback would be A+.
Thanks for reading.
<A>

FatMan

Andreas said:
It is my intent to prove that not only is there no conflict between the theory of evolution and creation, but that they are in fact describing the same events and that the bible describes, in symbolism, the rise of man.
<A>

The Bible may indeed describe the rise of man - but the correlation to evolution fails miserably. Furthermore, when looking at the argument from the evolution side, symbolism is not there.

I think you will have a difficult time trying to reach your intention.

But Good Luck.

M

Majikthise

WELCOME!!!!!!:D

I find this very interesting ,myself, please continue.:clap

Andreas

FatMan said:
The Bible may indeed describe the rise of man - but the correlation to evolution fails miserably. Furthermore, when looking at the argument from the evolution side, symbolism is not there.

I think you will have a difficult time trying to reach your intention.

But Good Luck.

Well,thanks....I think. But, how does it 'fail'? God is logical, if nothing else....and my theory pretty much covers both sides; unless, of course, a person were to have 0% imagination and interpret the bible as historic 'fact'....(I enjoy laughing at people when they get excited to hear the 'real' Noah's ark has been found;) like the fools that hear Jesus's story of the seeds and cannot understand, so too are these fools. In the middle ages, people would buy a 'real' bone-finger of Jesus...which is impossible if he ascended to heaven...!
Too many look to 'prove' the unprovable because they have weak faith, and need to support it, so they miss the true meaning.
I seek the meaning and avoid the physical.

FatMan

Andreas said:
unless, of course, a person were to have 0% imagination and interpret the bible as historic 'fact'

That is exactly what happens with 90% of the people who take extreme positions. And those are the ones who duke it out over creationism and evolution. I'm not one of those people so I'm interested in your theory, but you will have an extremely difficult time convincing the ones who hold either side as being "fact", because that is indeed what occurs.

M

Majikthise

linwood said:
You`d need to be able to falsify that statement before continuing with your premises.
Are you able to?

Hey mam!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE F****S UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :D

Andreas

linwood said:
You`d need to be able to falsify that statement before continuing with your premises.
Are you able to?

I need to falsify that statement??

How about I prove it using a math formula..."God=Truth, Logic=Truth, therefore God=Logic"...

The problem, my friend, is not that we find little logic in the Word, but that humans are often too literal-minded to understand God's logic, for example, here's a statement that I will prove true even though it has been often interpreted wrongly....: "God made Man in his image". This statement is rather silly owing to the fact that God has no physical body; so what does it mean? Simply this: it means that God had an image in his mind of a being that, like Himself, could tell good from evil and make a moral decision, free from force. This, and only this satisfies the 2 requirements: That it is 1. Poetically True, and 2. Logical.

FatMan

Andreas said:
The problem, my friend, is not that we find little logic in the Word, but that humans are often too literal-minded to understand God's logic

Now that I completely disagree with. The Bible has been sliced, diced and spliced every which way so that each passage means 1,000 different things. There's nothing literal-minded about it.

In a paradoxal result, however, people have no problem having "creative" interpretations of the Bible, but they then have very big problems with anyone who disagrees with their interpretation.

Truly, that is one of the most harmful mysteries of life and one I will never understand.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Andreas said:
How about I prove it using a math formula..."God=Truth, Logic=Truth, therefore God=Logic"...

Greetings! I agree with your ideas that the Bible should be taken as symbolically true. :)

Your syllogism is valid, but unless you can prove the truthfullness of the first premise, it is not necessarily valid. Can you prove that God equals Truth? It could also be shown that Truth is only a characteristic of Logic, and not the definition, thus not necessarily equatable to God.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
FatMan said:
Now that I completely disagree with. The Bible has been sliced, diced and spliced every which way so that each passage means 1,000 different things. There's nothing literal-minded about it.

In a paradoxal result, however, people have no problem having "creative" interpretations of the Bible, but they then have very big problems with anyone who disagrees with their interpretation.

Truly, that is one of the most harmful mysteries of life and one I will never understand.
Every reading of the Bible by a human being is an intepretation. There are as many interpretations of the book as it has had readers. I guess a few of them are bound to clash.

The harm comes in any one particular reading being declared as The Truth.

Andreas

Okay....I'll try.
If you accept that God is the mind of the universe, then I can make a limited answer: Gravity, for example, is a fact; it does not work against itself,(under normal conditions); ice melts when the temp goes above a certain degree; likewise, God can only be perfect by being non-physical and outside of the thing we call "time". A house divided against itself cannot stand, and so God must be perfect to be God.
Now: If we accept this, we must also accept that God has 'setup' the physical universe by allowing a huge amount of time to pass (to us) to allow the laws to balance (seperate, i.e.'light from darkness'), and life to develop. In short, if God seems illogical, it is due to our limited knowledge and inability to make the mental leap. God can only exist by perfection, that means he is the embodiment of logic, and logic the actual definition of Truth. Thus, truth is the end result of logic, but exists seperately.
Atoms existed before they were discovered. Discovering them did not make them real.
If a kid sees wetness on a cold cola can, he may wonder at it; but that doesn't mean condensation doesn't exist...it just means he can't explain how it works, but he sees it work. God exists but our confusion results from our own inability to explain how...our own arrogance to assign ourselves a special place is a selfish stumbling block.

OW!! My TOE!! ^%$###....

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Andreas said:
Greetings;
It is my intent to prove that not only is there no conflict between the theory of evolution and creation, but that they are in fact describing the same events and that the bible describes, in symbolism, the rise of man. First, we must use the most powerful device in unlocking the writings: Symbolism. Any person that reads 'Revelations' in the KJB can clearly see that a beast rising from the sea with multiple heads and horns is a symbol for something else, and if I stated that a woman had 'broken my heart', only a fool would look for a scar on my chest....with this in mind-
God makes the universe in 6 days....which cannot possibly be a 'human' day; the sun is not made on the first day, logically this must be one of the Lord's 'day'. Now, how long is one of His 'days'? A Billion years? Let us also turn this view upon Adam and Eve. If I say "Man and Woman", am I speaking of 1 man,1 woman? No...thus also with 'Adam and 'Eve'; They simply represent the first men and women that arose from the animal state, the symbol for this is the fruit of the tree of forbidden wisdom, (No apple,mind you), this symbolizes the fact that people became intelligent,and the problems that come after. The "Garden of Eden" was a description of the natural world we lived in before this event, free of fore-knowledge of death, and just as you and I will not return to living as animals in the woods, so too that Adam and Eve cannot return to the 'Garden'. These symbolisms have convinced me that the original writers of these books were describing, in poetic fashion, exactly what we know now to be true: man arose from a primitive state, and this intelligence causes problems because of mans moral weakness.
I am now convinced of other symbolisms in Gen. and other books:
Noah's Ark is based on true story, although there was no 'ark'.
Ezekiel's wheel is not a physical object, but a sacred secret.
Where the strange Hebrew taboo "Not to boil a kid in it's mother's milk "originated from, and what it's truth is.
Even the real reason why pigs and pork were forbidden by Hebrews and Muslims....the bible is unfolding itself to me now, and I want to have others challenge my ideas, this is the main reason I am posting on this board.
I have never read of these ideas anywhere - so feedback would be A+.
Thanks for reading.
<A>

I have to agree with you that much of the Bible is written in deep symbolic language and should not be taken literally.

But I also feel that to try to read it as if it this symbolism was some kind of secret code is also a mistake. I think the symbolism can tell us a great deal about how people viewed “God” and the universe in relationship to themselves. If you can find a deeper spirituality and/or become closer to “God” through these stories that is wonderful. But I don’t think they are symbolic or poetic descriptions of scientific reality, as we understand it.

Some creationists try to distort scientific facts to make it appear that they correspond to the Genesis account, and that is very wrong. But it is equally wrong to try to distort the creations story so that it matches the scientific facts. Those who try to take these stories literally are missing the point, but I also believe that those who try to superimpose our scientific understandings on to these kind of creation myths are also missing the point.

Trying to make Genesis compatible with evolution is completely unnecessary.

p.s. good thread.

Andreas

mr.guy said:
What is perfect?

Only that which is not physical is perfect; the physical is subject to entropy. That which is perfect cannot be physical, any more than 'red' can be 'blue'.

To Athiest guy:
You are reading words I have typed. What are the chances these words are random fluctuations of the internet? It's more likely a human is communicating with you because that's what the odds are, right?
I say 'mind of the universe' to indicate not that 'God ' is controlling us, he's not. He can't, because we must have free will....but it is possible that there is an awareness that some might call 'God'. It's possible the only reason we exist is so the universe can 'experience' itself, this force could also be labeled 'God'.
Now.....please address my theory, so I can point out that the bible states there are other humans besides Adam and Eve.
You guys are still not giving me what I need.

( Most of us fail because we wonder why God does not work to right wrongs, that's OUR job....we have to make it on our own.)

Andreas

I can no more distort the bible and evolution to one another anymore than I must distort our left and right brain-halves in order for our brain to operate; the Genesis story is quite clearly a poetic statement of the rise of man and woman from an animal state. There is no 'secret' code; I believe anyone can use a bit of imagination to read 'between the lines'. It is precisely the foolish attempts of seeking non-existent knowledge in the bible I try to avoid.
Faith brings us close, not stories. It's just a happier experience to see logic in the bible in the mental sense as well as the spiritual.