• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unfortunately, some people, as I did , first hear JESUS CHRIST as a swear word at an early age.

Jonathan Bailey

At age five, my mother told me that there was once a man named Jesus Christ and that he was a very good man who lived and died on a cross a long time ago. I laughed at what she had said and she wondered why. I wondered in my very young mind why a mother would name her baby boy a cuss word.

Up until then I only knew JESUS CHRIST as naughty language.

danieldemol

Premium Member
At age five, my mother told me that there was once a man named Jesus Christ and that he was a very good man who lived and died on a cross a long time ago. I laughed at what she had said and she wondered why. I wondered in my very young mind why a mother would name her baby boy a cuss word.

Up until then I only knew JESUS CHRIST as naughty language.
At least in theory, this would have helped desensitise you to blasphemy, which imo is a good thing.

Jonathan Bailey

At least in theory, this would have helped desensitise you to blasphemy, which imo is a good thing.

Using JESUS CHRIST as a cuss word was common in my family. Using GOD with DAM_ was also common. They were mostly raised as Christians but lost their faith in adulthood. Some were corrupted by foul language in military service. I used to swear a lot out of bad habits common in family practice. I was too insensitive to swearing for my own good and this would sometimes get me in trouble at school.

My second grade teacher, an old bespectacled prude, almost put Ajax in my mouth out of the dispenser. That forever cured me from cussing in her classroom. Scouring powder might not taste nice. My third grade teacher, a man, once got angry at me and said BULLSH_T to me as a scolding in private. He alleged that I lied to him about something.

Last edited: