• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unfortunate circumstances

King Phenomenon

Both visible and invisible?
Visible to some and invisible to others?

I believe Jesus:

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

So, either that is true, Jesus lied, the scriptures are incorrect, or God showed up after Jesus said that.
Oh yeah some parts of God we can't see

King Phenomenon

Both visible and invisible?
Visible to some and invisible to others?

I believe Jesus:

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

So, either that is true, Jesus lied, the scriptures are incorrect, or God showed up after Jesus said that.
Jesus is cool but he's in a book so I keep that in mind

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
My belief threatens no one. If all Christians stop believing there would still be problems in The world unfortunately
I never said that the Christian beliefs threaten anyone, I said they prevent Christians from doing what needs to be done in the world, since they believe Jesus is coming back and He will fix everything.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
People were negative to me. I didn't think people would be that way if I said I rejected evolution. I made it clear that Christians persecuted people so I did mention respecting both ways
The reason there's a section for evolution creation controversies is that the arguing never ends, and RF will never declare a winner. It gets toxic, because people just don't agree. Therefore admins try to keep all the sci/cre controversy in one place as much as possible.

Out there in the world where people live and work and rear children...people don't pay much attention to creation science controversy. First of all it requires learning things, and learning has a time/energy cost. Most people just want to get on with life and leave these things as conundrums or established fact.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Children can handle much more than you give them credit for.
I fully agree. Especially in this context. It's mostly the religious parents that can't handle other religions because of their judgmental behavior. I think I was 8, when I told my parents "It can't be true that Jesus is the only savior on earth, and I could even prove it to them". I was not into spirituality, just using my common sense.

King Phenomenon

The reason there's a section for evolution creation controversies is that the arguing never ends, and RF will never declare a winner. It gets toxic, because people just don't agree. Therefore admins try to keep all the sci/cre controversy in one place as much as possible.
Oh yeah I forgot about that category. Well I put in debates

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I wasn't criticizing. Its a conversation that never ends here, so its generally a pointless conversation unless you just want to find out what people think.

King Phenomenon

I fully agree. Especially in this context. It's mostly the religious parents that can't handle other religions because of their judgmental behavior. I think I was 8, when I told my parents "It can't be true that Jesus is the only savior on earth, and I could even prove it to them". I was not into spirituality, just using my common sense.
My mom handled it. Catechism was brief. Didn't make my confirmation

King Phenomenon

I wasn't criticizing. Its a conversation that never ends here, so its generally a pointless conversation unless you just want to find out what people think.
Oh I know u weren't. Well I'm glad I posted it somewhere anyway because I learned that people think I'm a flake. I wasn't expecting that

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I see your thread, now. I notice at least one person replying to you now has a line through their name, so they won't be replying again for a while or not at all.

King Phenomenon

Plus people have all sorts of ideas on topics that basically don't really go anywhere and one may even consider them pointless but people get creative with it

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Oh I know u weren't. Well I'm glad I posted it somewhere anyway because I learned that people think I'm a flake. I wasn't expecting that
A lot depends on whether you can do Calculus at all, whether you have knowledge of Chemistry and Physics. These actually separate people into two groups: the haves and the have nots. Everybody else has to guess at what to believe.