• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unfit for Office - Donald Trump

ecco

Veteran Member

In a lengthy article in The Atlantic Republican George Conway states:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/george-conway-trump-unfit-office/599128/
Donald Trump’s narcissism makes it impossible for him to carry out the duties of the presidency in the way the Constitution requires.

Questions about Trump’s psychological stability have mounted throughout his presidency. But those questions have been coming even more frequently amid a recent escalation in Trump’s bizarre behavior, as the pressures of his upcoming reelection campaign, a possibly deteriorating economy, and now a full-blown impeachment inquiry have mounted. And the questioners have included those who have worked most closely with him.

No president in recent memory—and likely no president ever—has prompted more discussion about his mental stability and connection with reality. Trump’s former chief of staff John Kelly is said to have described him as “unhinged,” and “off the rails,” and to have called the White House “Crazytown” because of Trump’s unbalanced state. Trump’s former deputy attorney general, Rod Rosenstein, once reportedly discussed recruiting Cabinet members to invoke the Twenty-Fifth Amendment, the Constitution’s provision addressing presidential disability, including mental disability.
A senior administration official, writing anonymously in The New York Times last September, described how, “given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment”—but “no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis.” And NBC News last week quoted someone familiar with current discussions in the White House warning that there is “increasing wariness that, as this impeachment inquiry drags out, the likelihood increases that the president could respond erratically and become ‘unmanageable.’” In September, a former White House official offered a similar assessment to a Business Insider reporter: “No one knows what to expect from him anymore,” because “his mood changes from one minute to the next based on some headline or tweet, and the next thing you know his entire schedule gets tossed out the window. He’s losing his ****.”

---------------
George T. Conway III - Wikipedia
George Thomas Conway III (born September 2, 1963) is an American attorney. Conway was on the short list of candidates considered by President Donald Trump for United States Solicitor General prior to the nomination in March 2017 of Noel Francisco for that position. He was subsequently considered for assistant attorney general for the Civil Division at the U.S. Department of Justice. He is married to Kellyanne Conway, a political consultant who is a counselor to the president for Trump.
Conway was one of the lawyers who represented Paula Jones in her lawsuit against U.S. president Bill Clinton.[6][7] During the representation of Jones, he worked closely with Ann Coulter and Matt Drudge.

It's past time that the Lindsey Graham's open their eyes.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

2zy9lk.jpg

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
As I'd just mentioned on another thread where some wanted Trump to be psychologically evaluated,

Some people may think our P.O.T.U.S. is mentally unfit to be President, when in reality he's a great American executive leader who just happens to be crazy like a fox. If there were a large sized political unbiased board of mental health professionals who'd objectively test and diagnose our President's state of mental health, I'm confident Donald J. Trump would be more than happy to have mental health tests exude his strong mental health condition. I doubt he has any mental weaknesses to hide. In fact, I believe he should first take an I.Q. test to show everybody how much of a genius he really is.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
As I'd just mentioned on another thread where some wanted Trump to be psychologically evaluated,

Some people may think our P.O.T.U.S. is mentally unfit to be President, when in reality he's a great American executive leader who just happens to be crazy like a fox. If there were a large sized political unbiased board of mental health professionals who'd objectively test and diagnose our President's state of mental health, I'm confident Donald J. Trump would be more than happy to have mental health tests exude his strong mental health condition. I doubt he has any mental weaknesses to hide. In fact, I believe he should first take an I.Q. test to show everybody how much of a genius he really is.
I must confess, I've read a lot of your posts extolling how great Trump is, and I have concluded that you don't actually read people very well.

Genius? Not a bloody chance!

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Actually he was mentally evaluated during his annual physical exam. He passed with flying colors.

He's unfit to work at McDonalds. Probably pocket people's change or the tip jar.

When's the last time you were at McDonalds? Don't think I've ever seen a tip jar at any fast food joint. But, of course, liberals tend to be adapt at making up stuff...

Riders

In a lengthy article in The Atlantic Republican George Conway states:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/george-conway-trump-unfit-office/599128/
Donald Trump’s narcissism makes it impossible for him to carry out the duties of the presidency in the way the Constitution requires.

Questions about Trump’s psychological stability have mounted throughout his presidency. But those questions have been coming even more frequently amid a recent escalation in Trump’s bizarre behavior, as the pressures of his upcoming reelection campaign, a possibly deteriorating economy, and now a full-blown impeachment inquiry have mounted. And the questioners have included those who have worked most closely with him.

No president in recent memory—and likely no president ever—has prompted more discussion about his mental stability and connection with reality. Trump’s former chief of staff John Kelly is said to have described him as “unhinged,” and “off the rails,” and to have called the White House “Crazytown” because of Trump’s unbalanced state. Trump’s former deputy attorney general, Rod Rosenstein, once reportedly discussed recruiting Cabinet members to invoke the Twenty-Fifth Amendment, the Constitution’s provision addressing presidential disability, including mental disability.
A senior administration official, writing anonymously in The New York Times last September, described how, “given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment”—but “no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis.” And NBC News last week quoted someone familiar with current discussions in the White House warning that there is “increasing wariness that, as this impeachment inquiry drags out, the likelihood increases that the president could respond erratically and become ‘unmanageable.’” In September, a former White House official offered a similar assessment to a Business Insider reporter: “No one knows what to expect from him anymore,” because “his mood changes from one minute to the next based on some headline or tweet, and the next thing you know his entire schedule gets tossed out the window. He’s losing his ****.”

---------------
George T. Conway III - Wikipedia
George Thomas Conway III (born September 2, 1963) is an American attorney. Conway was on the short list of candidates considered by President Donald Trump for United States Solicitor General prior to the nomination in March 2017 of Noel Francisco for that position. He was subsequently considered for assistant attorney general for the Civil Division at the U.S. Department of Justice. He is married to Kellyanne Conway, a political consultant who is a counselor to the president for Trump.
Conway was one of the lawyers who represented Paula Jones in her lawsuit against U.S. president Bill Clinton.[6][7] During the representation of Jones, he worked closely with Ann Coulter and Matt Drudge.

Yes all that is true plus the fact doctors have said he's overweight has high blood pressure potential for heart problems.He lives on fast-food too.

All that plus mental issues could easily cause a break down or heart attack.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Yes all that is true plus the fact doctors have said he's overweight has high blood pressure potential for heart problems.He lives on fast-food too.

All that plus mental issues could easily cause a break down or heart attack.

But...but...he was evaluated and no mental problems were found...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
But...but...he was evaluated and no mental problems were found...

That is very interesting you would say such a thing. Would you be so considerate as to provide us with the name of the qualified mental health professional who made the evaluation, the date the evaluation was made, the method employed to evaluate, and a link to the source of that information? It is concerning that I can find no qualified and reliable source that backs up your claim Trump was professionally evaluated for mental health problems and found free of them.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
He's unfit to work at McDonalds. Probably pocket people's change or the tip jar.

A tip jar? A TIP JAR? At a McDonald's? *GASP!* *SHOCK!* Sir! McDonald's does not have tip jars! Obviously, your shameless and intellectually depraved allegation that McDonald's has tip jars is a thinly veiled LIBERAL PLOT to dupe unsuspecting, God-fearing, Republican school children into growing up deluded about such a VITAL issue relevant to the mental fitness of Donald John Trump, president of the United States, Saint of the Republic, and Savior of America! By the gods, Sir, but I shall have your head for this!

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
That is very interesting you would say such a thing. Would you be so considerate as to provide us with the name of the qualified mental health professional who made the evaluation, the date the evaluation was made, the method employed to evaluate, and a link to the source of that information? It is concerning that I can find no qualified and reliable source that backs up your claim Trump was professionally evaluated for mental health problems and found free of them.

"President Trump’s White House physician said Tuesday"... ( January 16th, 2018 ) ...that the president received a perfect score on a cognitive test designed to screen for neurological impairment, which the military doctor said was evidence that Mr. Trump does not suffer from mental issues that prevent him from functioning in office."

“I’ve found no reason whatsoever to think the president has any issues whatsoever with his thought processes,” Dr. Ronny L. Jackson, a rear admiral in the Navy and the White House physician, told reporters on Tuesday." ... ( January 16th, 2018 )

Trump Has Perfect Cognitive Test Score, White House Physician Says

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Ain't hypocrisy a beautiful thing.

Is hypocrite the right word here? As I understand it, a hypocrite is a person who says one thing, but does another. Is Graham actually a hypocrite? Or is he rather being a spineless wus and sycophant who shifts his position in order to butt-kiss whoever happens to be in power in his own party? I put the question. I put the question to you, Sir, and I demand an answer!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
"President Trump’s White House physician said Tuesday"... ( January 16th, 2018 ) ...that the president received a perfect score on a cognitive test designed to screen for neurological impairment, which the military doctor said was evidence that Mr. Trump does not suffer from mental issues that prevent him from functioning in office."

“I’ve found no reason whatsoever to think the president has any issues whatsoever with his thought processes,” Dr. Ronny L. Jackson, a rear admiral in the Navy and the White House physician, told reporters on Tuesday." ... ( January 16th, 2018 )

Trump Has Perfect Cognitive Test Score, White House Physician Says

Well call me "a big, darn, naive country boy who cannot even manage an ant farm, let alone his pappies' 40 acres" if you must, but here up to now I would have thunk that Donald John Trump's personal government physician was not actually an independent, impartial, and necessarily reliable authority on Donald John's mental health! Holy Cattle Gates! But I was wrong! Obviously we can trust the word of a doctor who could easily be fired if he were to report the "wrong" news. Obviously! The Nation of America can sleep soundly tonight! At last, it can sleep soundly!

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Well call me "a big, darn, naive country boy who cannot even manage an ant farm, let alone his pappies' 40 acres" if you must, but here up to now I would have thunk that Donald John Trump's personal government physician was not actually an independent, impartial, and necessarily reliable authority on Donald John's mental health! Holy Cattle Gates! But I was wrong! Obviously we can trust the word of a doctor who could easily be fired if he were to report the "wrong" news. Obviously! The Nation of America can sleep soundly tonight! At last, it can sleep soundly!

Since Ronny Jackson ended up getting fired anyways as Donald J. Trump's personal physician, he would have lost almost nothing if he were to have publicly reported any medical concerns he would've had regarding the condition of our President's mental health.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Since Ronny Jackson ended up getting fired anyways as Donald J. Trump's personal physician, he would have lost almost nothing if he were to have publicly reported any medical concerns he would've had regarding the condition of our President's mental health.

Are you saying the fact he was eventually fired mattered to him long before he was fired? That is, are you suggesting Ronny Jackson is a fortune teller who knew in advance that it would not matter to his career if he refused to go along with his bosses' wishes?