• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Underappreciated Appliances

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Among the things I use, two are important, my 10-year old i3 and a three-piece brass razor of whose origin I am not sure. Mine, my father's, a rejection by my son, whatever. I long for our old sandwich maker, which gave crisper sandwiches. The new ones are no match for it.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Many people stop to brag about or show off their vehicles, cell phones, or game system. But how many people stop to talk about their fridge or washing machine?

While game systems and new cars are fun, its these underappreciated appliances that make the difference for most of us day to day. Here's the place to boast about your electric mixer(or other household appliance) without getting raised eyebrows!

Personally, I couldn't do without my gas stove. I had to make do with electric for about a year, and it was awful!
I have nothing to brag about. Sure, I've got an electric kettle, an electric oven, a fridge, a freezer and a washing machine but nothing of those are special. I could live without them and frequently do when on a medieval fair. Cooking on an open fire with fresh ingredients and doing laundry by hand takes more time, yes, but the appliances are just time saving tools, nothing more.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I have nothing to brag about. Sure, I've got an electric kettle, an electric oven, a fridge, a freezer and a washing machine but nothing of those are special. I could live without them and frequently do when on a medieval fair. Cooking on an open fire with fresh ingredients and doing laundry by hand takes more time, yes, but the appliances are just time saving tools, nothing more.

I'm short on time...

I could live without the appliances. But I would hate to wash the undergarments of 3 boys by hand, and not be able to preserve the food much past cooking time.

Jedster

@JustGeorge

A boiled egg puncher that I only discovered a few years ago. No more using salt for boiling eggs.

OIP.qJTjPlWTkNNFr4DR8jVmXgHaF3