• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uncreated, Unformed God

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
so, if god is eternal and uncreated, unformed and someone wishes to be with god, will they too have to become unattached to their beastly form in order to be with God?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
so, if god is eternal and uncreated, unformed and someone wishes to be with god, will they too have to become unattached to their beastly form in order to be with God?

From the Baha'i perspective humans cannot attain the presence of God, nor define God. Human souls develope the attributes of God in this world and the journey through many worlds.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
From the Baha'i perspective humans cannot attain the presence of God, nor define God. Human souls develope the attributes of God in this world and the journey through many worlds.

what does a baha'i believe god created from? ex-nihilo?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
yeah.....flesh cannot inherit the kingdom

allfoak

Alchemist
We must transform all matter into light.

Electra

idk about you but any body i have seen who in some way (including myself) who has disattached from the physical body, can't relate with the world successfully.

I find it hard to beleive that we are in this amazing creation for the sole reason to get away from it.

I find connecting with the physical , strengthens the connection with the eatheral.

It's all connected.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
idk about you but any body i have seen who in some way (including myself) who has disattached from the physical body, can't relate with the world successfully.

I find it hard to beleive that we are in this amazing creation for the sole reason to get away from it.

I find connecting with the physical , strengthens the connection with the eatheral.

It's all connected.
OK, but do you have to be a fixed form in order to do that? if palingenesis is possible, then which personality is the one to identify with eternally? even without metempsychosis; which personality in one lifetime is the eternal I?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
what does a baha'i believe god created from? ex-nihilo?

God is not Created, God is eternal as well as our physical existence is eternal with God.

Ex-nihilo is an outdated theological belief that God Created our physical existence from absolute nothing (philosophical nothing).

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
understood but what does God create from????

Our physical existence is a reflection of the attributes of God, as shadows are a reflection of the Sun. Our eternal physical existence has always existed Created by the eternal God.

god's physical existence is our physical existence?

No, that would be pantheism.