• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unconditional Mind

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
and they explain to you that energy; which consciousness is,
Not in the way that gravity and light are. We are physical creatures, but we are governed by biology, not physics. This idea that consciousness can't be created or destroyed but only transferred is not scientific, and blatantly false as before we are born we have no consciousness, and when we die our consciousness ceases with the rest of our biological functions.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I'm not sure that a "bot" is a good example; because, a "bot" is completely limited. Being part of a hive mind, is the opposite of unlimited.

your surety is your choice. if self has the need to feel safe and maintain the ego, that is self. the truth isn't a respecter of persons.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Not in the way that gravity and light are. We are physical creatures, but we are governed by biology, not physics. This idea that consciousness can't be created or destroyed but only transferred is not scientific, and blatantly false as before we are born we have no consciousness, and when we die our consciousness ceases with the rest of our biological functions.

physics is a physical thing; the consciousness is only governed by biology found on earth and the earthly vehicle in which it formed.

and you, as a thing, give off radiation; which is part of the electromagnetic spectrum.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
do we enter into this existence with an unconditional, limitless mind?

if the mind is limitless does it then have direct insight as brahman?

Depends on what you mean by "limitless", we already know that our memory starts to fade after a while, so probably not.

"You might have only a few gigabytes of storage space, similar to the space in an iPod or a USB flash drive. Yet neurons combine so that each one helps with manymemories at a time, exponentially increasing the brain's memory storage capacity to something closer to around 2.5 petabytes (or a million gigabytes)."

How much can our brain store? GB..TB... or more? - Breakpoint Book

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
the consciousness is only governed by biology found on earth and the earthly vehicle in which it formed.
The consciousness is more or less "animated" by, basically, electricity. Just like a computer it goes into rest mode and sleep mode and runs in the background, but once the electricity is entirely grounded out, just like a computer, our consciousness ceases to function.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
your surety is your choice. if self has the need to feel safe and maintain the ego, that is self. the truth isn't a respecter of persons.
FWIW, I'm not speaking about what I believe. It's not about safety.

I do not believe that the mind is limitless or infinite at even its highest levels. Almost infinite, yes, but not truly infinite. A truly infinite mind would never encounter itself and so would never have consciousness.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Unconditional mind is a good tool for the mind to become "no mind", which is needed. Limitless mind is kind of the problem to enter into this existence

if the mind is limitless does it then have direct insight as brahman?
NO. Limitless mind is the obstacle on the spiritual path

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
It perceives and occupies a reality totally at odds with that of normal consciousness. This could be construed as delusion, hallucination or psychosis.

Why do you say that ?

Brahman’s nature is emptiness, Brahman’s characteristic called ordinary mind is emptiness.

Is there any difference between white light and a rainbow ?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
no it doesn't. consciousness doesn't have to be aware of otherness as self, nor does it have to be exclusively conscious of self.

many humans are not aware of themselves but others and some humans are aware of themselves and not others.

Hmm....in the way that I use the word 'consciousness', it *is* required that it be awake and aware. When we are asleep, we are, by definition, not conscious.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
and they explain to you that energy; which consciousness is, doesn't come and go with a form. consciousness comes as an electrical impulse in a biological, or non-biological transceiver.

the bigger the transceiver the better the signal reception, conveyance.

it isn't rocket science

Why do you think that energy and consciousness are the same? Or that consciousness is a form of energy? These propositions both seem to me to be clearly wrong.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Hmm....in the way that I use the word 'consciousness', it *is* required that it be awake and aware. When we are asleep, we are, by definition, not conscious.
consciousness flows in two directions. second dimension beings would not be aware of fourth dimensional things. so would that make them unconscious in 2nd dimension, or just unconscious in fourth?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

We don’t remember most of our dreams. And what is there to remember of dreamless sleep ?

When we do remember our dreams, it is clear that they involve consciousness.

There are forms of consciousness “I” can’t remember.

If you can’t remember a dream of a tree falling in the forest, was there a dream of a tree falling in a forest ?

“in the way that I use the word 'consciousness‘ “

There are no standard definitions of the terms consciousness or awareness. Some folk use those terms interchangeably, while others use those terms quite differently.

I agree with you that consciousness and energy have two completely different meanings.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Why do you think that energy and consciousness are the same? Or that consciousness is a form of energy? These propositions both seem to me to be clearly wrong.

the no-hiding theorem has proven information; is neither created/destroyed.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
consciousness flows in two directions. second dimension beings would not be aware of fourth dimensional things. so would that make them unconscious in 2nd dimension, or just unconscious in fourth?

Huh? That is simply a matter of having sensory inputs from different sources. We don't pick up radio waves, for example.