• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uncanny

King Phenomenon

I believe all of existence falls and rises with the death and birth of one man and repeats itself in an infinite cycle. My God, infinite space, is unruly and needs an anchor. It needs this man for order, self reflection and self-awareness. Neither can survive alone.

Christianity has Christ who will return. He’s been known to raise the dead. Also, Christians believe that they will see their loved ones in the afterlife.

The similarities between my belief and Christianity is uncanny.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I believe all of existence falls and rises with the death and birth of one man and repeats itself in an infinite cycle. My God, infinite space, is unruly and needs an anchor. It needs this man for order, self reflection and self-awareness. Neither can survive alone.

Christianity has Christ who will return. He’s been known to raise the dead. Also, Christians believe that they will see their loved ones in the afterlife.

The similarities between my belief and Christianity is uncanny.

Why do you believe this?

King Phenomenon

Why do you believe this?
I think I’ve shared why before but in case someone missed it…

15 yrs ago I spent a lot of time thinking about how we got here and what made it all possible. By all I mean existence itself. Then one day it just came to me. A strong feeling, of a presence, of a human being on earth that makes everything possible. It was like a lightbulb going off, enlightenment happening, a eureka moment. It all just made a ton of sense.

I love having this wisdom. There’s a certain awesomeness in knowing how it all came to be. I believe humans were meant to know.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

15 yrs ago I spent a lot of time thinking about how we got here and what made it all possible. By all I mean existence itself. Then one day it just came to me. A strong feeling, of a presence, of a human being on earth that makes everything possible. It was like a lightbulb going off, enlightenment happening, a eureka moment. It all just made a ton of sense.

I love having this wisdom. There’s a certain awesomeness in knowing how it all came to be. I believe humans were meant to know.

So the understanding of this just sort of popped in your head?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
And heart. After many days of pondering. It was more like an explosion. I’ll never forget that moment in time.

Well, I understand the experience having had a similar one, just with a different answer. Along with the feeling of it being the perfect answer, everything falling in place to make sense of everything I experienced/understood.

Why would you question the perfect answer that fills in all of the gaps?

Except what we came to understand as true is different. And, we are not alone in this as I've come across many claiming to come to an understanding of the ultimate truth of reality.

How can these people, feeling certain of the ultimate truth of reality have so many differing ideas about what that reality is?

King Phenomenon

Well, I understand the experience having had a similar one, just with a different answer. Along with the feeling of it being the perfect answer, everything falling in place to make sense of everything I experienced/understood.

Except what we came to understand as true is different. And, we are not alone in this as I've come across many claiming to come to an understanding of the ultimate truth of reality.

How can these people, feeling certain of the ultimate truth of reality have so many differing ideas about what that reality is?
Only one truth is right. As far as “how” can they have different ideas? Well obviously some have it wrong. I would say that they need to go back and reevaluate what the truth actually is. Dig deeper. If not, then they’ll live and die believing their “truth”.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Only one truth is right. As far as how can they have different ideas? I would say that they need to go back and reevaluate what the truth actually is. Dig deeper.

Fair enough, but likely they would also give the same advise back.

King Phenomenon

4 billion Christians believe in the return of Jesus, resurrecting the dead and seeing their loved ones in the afterworld. So what’s that tell ya?

And many many other other religions and people believe in an afterlife……
60% of the worlds population believe in an afterlife and 20% don’t know.

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
4 billion Christians believe in the return of Jesus, resurrecting the dead and seeing their loved ones in the afterworld. So what’s that tell ya?

I've asked you twice already to provide your source to verify your claim of 4 billion Christians, but you have yet to do so. Therefore, I'm asking again.

The first time I asked: Christianity.

The second time I asked: Christianity.

I'd also like to see your sources for the other statistics you posted.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

King Phenomenon

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Unreliable sources

I knew you would say that. On the contrary, I have no logical reason to believe that your unsubstantiated claim is more valid than the substantiated ones I found. I verified my claim with validated statistics. You have an unsubstantiated claim about an alleged statistic you said you learned a long time ago.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member

Interesting.

When I did that as a kid, I came to the conclusion that adults don't know squat. After all, when observing the complete lack of consensus amongst adults it seemed obvious to me they didn't know what they were talking about and made it up as they went along. And they made up the stories they did for specific purposes - to assuage troubled emotions, to control someone else's behavior, to try and make sense of something, to feel better about themselves... sometimes more than one purpose for the narratives. All grounded in their own personal experiences, with all the limits that entails, none of which makes any ultimate statements about the ultimate nature of reality whatsoever. That's utterly beyond humans. I still believe that as an adult because I've never been given any reason to believe otherwise - and I've sat before the World Tree and had a bunch of other fantastical mystical experiences. If suddenly it all makes sense, you're doing it wrong. :tonguewink:

But, one must also be pragmatic. So I've got no problem with us making up our narratives and telling our stories. I just like us to be mindful that this is what we're doing. Pick your stories carefully. :relaxed:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Not quite that many but did this belief materialize in their head and their heart like you or was this something they were taught?

Also if this belief is so prevalent, how can you say this didn't influence your own thinking, at least subconsciously before it materialized to your conscious awareness?

King Phenomenon

Not quite that many but did this belief materialize in their head and their heart like you or was this something they were taught?

Also if this belief is so prevalent, how can you say this didn't influence your own thinking, at least subconsciously before it materialized to your conscious awareness?
The purpose of religion is to introduce them to spirituality, and hopefully they will find their own path. I’m sure many of them have but just don’t discuss it.

It didn’t dawn on me until recently actually that my beliefs were similar to Christianity so I’d have to say no to your question. A couple years ago when it popped in my head that Christianity was similar I was like, well those little devils. Haha. They probably believe what I believe but of course what I believe would never become mainstream because it’s so simple and would appear delusional. With Christianity, you have a larger structure and it’s more eloquent. But I do believe in my heart that the aim of Christianity is to ultimately bring people to the truth as I know it. Of course they would reject this vehemently.

King Phenomenon

Interesting.

When I did that as a kid, I came to the conclusion that adults don't know squat. After all, when observing the complete lack of consensus amongst adults it seemed obvious to me they didn't know what they were talking about and made it up as they went along. And they made up the stories they did for specific purposes - to assuage troubled emotions, to control someone else's behavior, to try and make sense of something, to feel better about themselves... sometimes more than one purpose for the narratives. All grounded in their own personal experiences, with all the limits that entails, none of which makes any ultimate statements about the ultimate nature of reality whatsoever. That's utterly beyond humans. I still believe that as an adult because I've never been given any reason to believe otherwise - and I've sat before the World Tree and had a bunch of other fantastical mystical experiences. If suddenly it all makes sense, you're doing it wrong. :tonguewink:

But, one must also be pragmatic. So I've got no problem with us making up our narratives and telling our stories. I just like us to be mindful that this is what we're doing. Pick your stories carefully. :relaxed:
Well, hopefully as religions evolved, then we get better at understanding them we can reach the truth quicker or without all the downfalls that come with it. If you were in my shoes that day suddenly when everything made sense you’d think differently.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, hopefully as religions evolved, then we get better at understanding them we can reach the truth quicker or without all the downfalls that come with it. If you were in my shoes that day suddenly when everything made sense you’d think differently.
Maybe, it would depend on when it happened but on the whole it is very unlikely that would have been the case at any point in my life. The weight of our experiences and knowledge shapes how we interpret subsequent experiences and defines who and what we become. This is part of why we have the cultural diversity we do and do not all believe or practice the same things. There is very little in my nature and my life experiences, even going way back, that would lead me to down your own path, and a whole lot that would lead me elsewhere (and it has).