• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UN Vote for Peace

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In other news related to peace, China offered a
peace proposal to give Russia pretty much what
it wanted in exchange for Ukraine ending its
defense.
Obviously, it was a poison pill designed to be
immediately rejected, so that China & Russia
could propogandize that Ukraine is unwilling
to negotiate for peace.
China Cease-Fire Proposal for Ukraine Falls Flat With US, Allies
Excerpted (underlining added)....
Several of the 12 points outlined by China in the document issued Friday would, if carried out, offer clear benefits to Russian President Vladimir Putin. That includes a cease-fire, which would freeze Russian troops in place on Ukrainian territory, as well as a call to immediately end all sanctions not endorsed by the UN Security Council, where Russia holds veto power.

US National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan, speaking on CNN, brushed off the Chinese proposal, saying it should have ended after the first bullet point, which calls for “respecting the sovereignty of all countries.”

“This war could end tomorrow, if Russia stopped attacking Ukraine and withdrew its forces,” he said.

That is really the crucial factor, only one Nation Invaded and that Nation crossed legitimate National boundaries to do so.

Prophecies have this as a mandatory requirement, that the Nations set the Boundaries and agree upon them as part of the solution for world peace.

Regards Tony

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I find chapter 17 of Revelation puts the religious in bed with the political.
Not necessarily the marriage bed !
She plays the harlot by compromising with the political elements of the world.
She put politics in the pulpit, thus making the pulpit political.
In war time using the pulpit as a recruiting station so parents will sacrifice their sons on the Altar of War being taught that is the same thing as the Altar of God.
And a two-party system makes one half of the voters against the other half.
By the time of Constantine ' marriage of church and state ' was a 'marriage of convenience' for Constantine.
The clergy class (wife) got support from the political state ( King/ husband )
In exchange for clergy (wife) support given to the political (King/husband) the world would recognize the wife's so-called religious position.
The world now facing with deteriorating earth-wide conditions many could come to regard religious things as worthless (or of little account) then many will look to the U.N. and with men's backing the U.N. can strengthened to take action.
One action will be that the political religious 'wife' (Queen - Revelation 18:7-8) will be de-throned and come to her end.

This all seems fancy in real terms. Much of the world is still controlled by religion and yes it needs to be dethroned.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This all seems fancy in real terms. Much of the world is still controlled by religion and yes it needs to be dethroned.

I see a change is needed, but the change requires us to renew faith practices, not get rid of them.

All the best, Regards Tony

ChristineM

Premium Member
I see a change is needed, but the change requires us to renew faith practices, not get rid of them.

All the best, Regards Tony

Faith has been the cause of so many wars, so many premature deaths, that no, renewing faith is not any kind of answer.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, 'much of the world' and even today the world scene can trace its religious roots back to ancient Babylon.
As the people migrated away from ancient Babylon they took with them their religious ideas and practices.
They spread them out world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great.
This is why we see the similar or overlapping religious ideas in much of the world still being controlled by religion that needs to be dethroned.
Seems as if religious meddling in the political realm could cause the political to want to topple and thus dethrone the religious world.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Faith has been the cause of so many wars, so many premature deaths, that no, renewing faith is not any kind of answer.
But ' faith ' in what ?
Can't be faith/confidence in Jesus because Jesus taught to lay down the weapons at Matthew 26:52
Christian weapons are spiritual weapons and Not for carnal warfare - Ephesians 6:11-17; 2 Corinthians 10:4
If everybody lived by the Golden Rule and Jesus' New commandment found at John 13:34-35 there would be No war.
So, I would say it is ' faith' outside of the teachings of Christ Jesus that is the cause of so many wars, etc.

ChristineM

Premium Member
But ' faith ' in what ?
Can't be faith/confidence in Jesus because Jesus taught to lay down the weapons at Matthew 26:52
Christian weapons are spiritual weapons and Not for carnal warfare - Ephesians 6:11-17; 2 Corinthians 10:4
If everybody lived by the Golden Rule and Jesus' New commandment found at John 13:34-35 there would be No war.
So, I would say it is ' faith' outside of the teachings of Christ Jesus that is the cause of so many wars, etc.

Religious faith. And many wars have been christian against Christian.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Sounds good to me
Seems to me that also sounded good to Jesus because Jesus did Not meddle with the political.
Jesus and his 1st-century followers were neutral regarding the political realm.
They did Not even get involved in the issues of the day between the Jews and Romans.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Religious faith. And many wars have been Christian against Christian.

But whose 'religious faith' __________Certainly Not the faith/teachings of Jesus.
Jesus taught to lay down the weapons - Matthew 26:52
So, the many wars between Christian against Christian is in Christian name only.- 2 Corinthians 10:4; Matthew 7:21-23
Clergy even supporting political wars by using the pulpit as a recruiting station.
That way parents would sacrifice their sons on the Altar of War thinking that is the same thing as the Altar of God.
As religious waters (people) dry up spiritually speaking, then it could look appealing to them to back the United Nations.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Seems to me that also sounded good to Jesus because Jesus did Not meddle with the political.
Jesus and his 1st-century followers were neutral regarding the political realm.
They did Not even get involved in the issues of the day between the Jews and Romans.

That is your view, my view is that he was a political agitator who was tried and executed for treason against the Roman empire.

However, the book compiled some 350 years after his death does tend to give people rigid opinions

ChristineM

Premium Member
But whose 'religious faith' __________Certainly Not the faith/teachings of Jesus.
Jesus taught to lay down the weapons - Matthew 26:52
So, the many wars between Christian against Christian is in Christian name only.- 2 Corinthians 10:4; Matthew 7:21-23
Clergy even supporting political wars by using the pulpit as a recruiting station.
That way parents would sacrifice their sons on the Altar of War thinking that is the same thing as the Altar of God.
As religious waters (people) dry up spiritually speaking, then it could look appealing to them to back the United Nations.

Several wars happened because of difference in believe in that the bible says jesus taught, in fact there are hundreds of different versions of the bible, each different to some degree, enough to cause war.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That is your view, my view is that he was a political agitator who was tried and executed for treason against the Roman empire.
However, the book compiled some 350 years after his death does tend to give people rigid opinions
The 'Book' (aka Bible) was completed by the apostles by the end of the 1st century. John wrote last.
It was Constantine years later who set up a way for the non-Christians to just be labeled as Christian.

Because the Jews could Not execute Jesus they had to come up with a way for the Romans to do their: dirty work.
Jesus spoke of a heavenly kingdom or government. The corrupted religious leaders did Not like that Jesus could usurp their position, so they got the Romans to use the trumped-up charges of Sedition, Treason and Injured Majesty against Jesus. They were Not counting on God resurrecting dead Jesus.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Several wars happened because of difference in believe in that the bible says jesus taught, in fact there are hundreds of different versions of the bible, each different to some degree, enough to cause war.
I think you will find Matthew 26:52 and 2 Corinthians 10:4 the same in all translations.
Not Scripture, but different denominations teaching their own church traditions or church customs as being Scripture but Not found in Scripture - Matthew 15:9

ChristineM

Premium Member
The 'Book' (aka Bible) was completed by the apostles by the end of the 1st century. John wrote last.
It was Constantine years later who set up a way for the non-Christians to just be labeled as Christian.

Because the Jews could Not execute Jesus they had to come up with a way for the Romans to do their: dirty work.
Jesus spoke of a heavenly kingdom or government. The corrupted religious leaders did Not like that Jesus could usurp their position, so they got the Romans to use the trumped-up charges of Sedition, Treason and Injured Majesty against Jesus. They were Not counting on God resurrecting dead Jesus.

I said compiled, and selectively compiled.

Rome had several methods of execution, crucifixion was reserved for slaves a traitors to Rome.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I think you will find Matthew 26:52 and 2 Corinthians 10:4 the same in all translations.
Not Scripture, but different denominations teaching their own church traditions or church customs as being Scripture but Not found in Scripture - Matthew 15:9

And yet the wars happened. Apologetics does not make them go away

JIMMY12345

I think the vote was great.

"UNITED NATIONS, Feb 22 (Reuters) - Marking one year of war, Ukraine and Russia lobbied countries at the United Nations on Wednesday for backing ahead of a vote by the 193-member General Assembly that the United States declared will "go down in history."

"We will see where the nations of the world stand on the matter of peace in Ukraine," U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Linda Thomas-Greenfield told the General Assembly.

The General Assembly appeared set to adopt a resolution on Thursday, put forward by Ukraine and supporters, stressing "the need to reach, as soon as possible, a comprehensive, just and lasting peace" in line with the founding U.N. Charter."

The vote was passed, by a great number.

"In all, 141 countries voiced support for the resolution. Seven opposed it — Russia, Belarus, North Korea, Syria, Mali, Eritrea and Nicaragua.

Meanwhile, 32 countries abstained during the vote. China, India, South Africa, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and much of Africa and Central Asia were among the abstentions."

Ukraine: UN members endorse resolution to end war – DW – 02/23/2023

Regards Tony
China and India are more likely to be attacked in the next 1000 years by Russia than USA as they are neighbours. Russia most probably keeps data on China and India so in that event it can cyberattack electricity and water and other utilities.

Will these countries still scream for neutrality? However this war weakens Russia so it pays for China and India to have some one else fight their battles against a possible future opponent.As a strategy it has merit.

Some USA computers eg financial are controlled abroad due to cost.Long term this could be a bad decision.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
China and India are more likely to be attacked in the next 1000 years by Russia than USA as they are neighbours. Russia most probably keeps data on China and India so in that event it can cyberattack electricity and water and other utilities.

Will these countries still scream for neutrality? However this war weakens Russia so it pays for China and India to have some one else fight their battles against a possible future opponent.As a strategy it has merit.

Some USA computers eg financial are controlled abroad due to cost.Long term this could be a bad decision.

Maybe the warmongers will realise that war helps no one and never has.

The leaderships of all Nations will sit down at the table, set National Boundaries, initiate disarmament and foster an age of peace and cooperation for the good of every people and nations.

Imagine what we can then acheive with science and technology.

Regards Tony

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Maybe the warmongers will realise that war helps no one and never has.
The leaderships of all Nations will sit down at the table, set National Boundaries, initiate disarmament and foster an age of peace and cooperation for the good of every people and nations.
Imagine what we can then achieve with science and technology. Regards Tony

To me the ' sit down at the table ' will be because of backing to strengthen the United Nations.
The powers in charge will be saying, " Peace and Security...." but that Rosy saying could lead people down that Primrose Path. - 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3
Then imagine what we can then achieve with the direction of Jesus, Not only as Prince of Peace, but also as King of God's Kingdom for one-thousand years - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26
Mankind will Not learn war (be educated in war) any more, but renounce war - Isaiah 2:4; Micah 4:3-4
All science and technology's power will be in Jesus' capable hands - Micah 3:8 A

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To me the ' sit down at the table ' will be because of backing to strengthen the United Nations.
The powers in charge will be saying, " Peace and Security...." but that Rosy saying could lead people down that Primrose Path. - 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3
Then imagine what we can then achieve with the direction of Jesus, Not only as Prince of Peace, but also as King of God's Kingdom for one-thousand years - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26
Mankind will Not learn war (be educated in war) any more, but renounce war - Isaiah 2:4; Micah 4:3-4
All science and technology's power will be in Jesus' capable hands - Micah 3:8 A

Maybe it is worth considering that it is all in the hands of Christ.

After all, Jesus has not been around for over 2000 years.

Regards Tony