• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UN resolution calls for end to violations against Baha’is

arthra

Baha'i
I'm posting this as it pertains to the persecution of Baha'is and many may not have read or heard about...

16 November 2018

The United Nations General Assembly’s Third Committee called on Iranian authorities to end ongoing human rights violations against the Baha’is in Iran.

UNITED NATIONS — The United Nations General Assembly’s Third Committee called on Iranian authorities to end ongoing human rights violations against the Baha’is in Iran.

A resolution, adopted Thursday by a vote of 85 to 30, with 68 abstentions, expressed “serious concern regarding ongoing severe limitations and restrictions on the right to freedom of thought, conscience, religion or belief.”

The international community noted in the resolution Iran’s attacks on Baha’i places of worship and cemeteries and “other human rights violations, including harassment, intimidation, persecution, arbitrary arrests and detention, denial of access to education and incitement to hatred that leads to violence against persons belonging to recognized and unrecognized religious minorities.”

Tens of thousands of Baha’is experience educational, economic, and cultural persecution on a daily basis for merely practicing their faith. At present, more than 70 Baha’is remain imprisoned in Iran for their beliefs.

Read more at

UN resolution calls for end to Iran’s rights violations against Baha’is | Bahá’í World News Service (BWNS)

The actual UN vote is recorded online at

http://www.un.org/en/ga/third/73/docs/voting_sheets/L.42.pdf

74x12

I'm posting this as it pertains to the persecution of Baha'is and many may not have read or heard about...

16 November 2018

The United Nations General Assembly’s Third Committee called on Iranian authorities to end ongoing human rights violations against the Baha’is in Iran.

UNITED NATIONS — The United Nations General Assembly’s Third Committee called on Iranian authorities to end ongoing human rights violations against the Baha’is in Iran.

A resolution, adopted Thursday by a vote of 85 to 30, with 68 abstentions, expressed “serious concern regarding ongoing severe limitations and restrictions on the right to freedom of thought, conscience, religion or belief.”

The international community noted in the resolution Iran’s attacks on Baha’i places of worship and cemeteries and “other human rights violations, including harassment, intimidation, persecution, arbitrary arrests and detention, denial of access to education and incitement to hatred that leads to violence against persons belonging to recognized and unrecognized religious minorities.”

Tens of thousands of Baha’is experience educational, economic, and cultural persecution on a daily basis for merely practicing their faith. At present, more than 70 Baha’is remain imprisoned in Iran for their beliefs.

Read more at

UN resolution calls for end to Iran’s rights violations against Baha’is | Bahá’í World News Service (BWNS)

The actual UN vote is recorded online at

http://www.un.org/en/ga/third/73/docs/voting_sheets/L.42.pdf
Good info. Christians are also persecuted in Iran. Especially former Muslims.