• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UN Human Rights US Withdraw

rosends

I can read perfectly well, I can also watch videos, too. But I'm asking for what YOU think these examples are and what they mean.
What they "are"? That's pretty much self evident. Statistics and the fact that Item 7 even exists are pretty damning here. And what they mean? They mean what I said in my first post in the thread.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
What they "are"? That's pretty much self evident. Statistics and the fact that Item 7 even exists are pretty damning here. And what they mean? They mean what I said in my first post in the thread.
So you can't or won't explain your position yourself? Don't say no one asked.

Shushersbedamned

Nope. The UN failed by selecting some of the worst violators as council members
And you think they should have been kept out. Really? Let's make our part of the world safe and leave the rest out? How american of you. Do you think the people and members don't know about their own and each other crimes and violations? It's out there all over - they know. This is the method of communication of long term effort to fix things.

Shad

Veteran Member
And you think they should have been kept out. Really?

From the UN Rights Council? Absolutely. Repeat offenders have no business being on the council. These nations demonstrate each is incapable of following the very principles it is supposed to uphold by being in the UN in the first place let alone the council

Let's make our part of the world safe and leave the rest out?

Selecting violators are members does not make anything safer. It undermines the system as it demonstrates it is a shallow institution which has zero standards in it's own selection process.

How american of you.

I am not America...

Do you think the people and members don't know about their own and each other crimes and violations?

They know. They just do not care.

This is the method of communication of long term effort to fix things.

Evidence.

Did Iran get rid of its mandatory hijab law after being on the Women's Rights council of the UN in 99? 2011? Nope.

Last edited:

Shushersbedamned

From the UN Rights Council? Absolutely. Repeat offenders have no business being on the council. These nations demonstrate each is incapable of following the very principles it is supposed to uphold by being in the UN in the first place let along the council

Selecting violators are members does not make anything safer. It undermines the system as it demonstrates it is a shallow institution which has zero standards in it's own selection process.

I am not America...

They know. They just do not care.

Evidence.

Did Iran get rid of its mandatory hijab law after being on the Women's Rights council of the UN in 99? 2011? Nope.
Keeping those people out does not make them any better off. We include them in the decision making. You don't understand the value of that.

Shad

Veteran Member
Keeping those people out does not make them any better off.

Out of the Human Rights council? Actually it would send a message that the council isn't a joke

We include them in the decision making. You don't understand the value of that.

While ignoring those nation's violations for the sake of a participation ribbon. How wonderful.....

Shushersbedamned

Out of the Human Rights council? Actually it would send a message that the council isn't a joke

While ignoring those nation's violations for the sake of a participation ribbon. How wonderful.....
They don't ignore them. They encourage them. Cannot put enough pressure on the encourage.

Shad

Veteran Member
They don't ignore them. They encourage them. Cannot put enough pressure on the encourage.

Encourage? Hilarious.....

Ignore them? Nope. Since some of those nations on the council are repeat violators they are not ignored. They are just on the other side as defendants rather than corrupt judges telling other nations "Do as I say, not as I do"

rosends

It's on all of us. We shall be left hoping we didn't lose any valuable information with your silence. Adios amigos the sun is setting.
If you think that there has been silence, it is because you have stopped up your ears. I was very clear and expressive.

Shad

Veteran Member
Just going to point out Bush withdrew from the council's predecessor due to abuse and absurd membership. The current council was created to appease the US. Now it is failing for the same reason. It's regional quota system is a major issue as it opens the door to abusive nations to maintain said quota. Heck there are seats that never even signed the UN Charter of Human Rights. OIC for example.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Keeping those people out does not make them any better off. We include them in the decision making. You don't understand the value of that.
I disagree completely.
I think it would do better for the Palestinian people to boot their worst enemies (Islamic leadership like Hamas and the surrounding countries) out of the Human Rights council. Pretending that they are credible advocates for human rights gives them standing they misuse to cause huge damage.
Tom

Shushersbedamned

I disagree completely.
I think it would do better for the Palestinian people to boot their worst enemies (Islamic leadership like Hamas and the surrounding countries) out of the Human Rights council. Pretending that they are credible advocates for human rights gives them standing they misuse to cause huge damage.
Tom
Hamas and the surrounding countries?

Well yes I suppose removing Syria would do much good - not.:facepalm:

Ostronomos

Interference by the Americans is typically scorned. I'm surprised that this hasn't gotten more attention from right-wing reactionaries.

What do people think of the US wanting to withdraw from the UN Human Rights Council. Nikki Haley says they are unfair and bias toward Israel for not wanting Israel to bomb Palestine. What are your thoughts? Is there a “chronic anti-Israel bias”? Should the US withdraw from the Human Rights Council?

US expected to withdraw from UN Human Rights Council: report
Why would the entire U.S need to withdraw on the count of an U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley [which] has clashed with the council over its treatment of Israel and has repeatedly voted against U.N. measures that were critical of that country.

Why is being 'cooperative' with Just and Truth not the better way?

If the U.S can't learn something from 'them', maybe they can learn something from 'us'.