• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UN appeals for ever-increasing needs in the world

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You're right, technology alone cannot save us. We need compassion and justice above all virtues. We also need unity.
Finally brothers, whatever things are true (Jesus taught Scripture is religious truth) whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are are well-spoken of, whatever things are virtuous, whatever things are praiseworthy, continue considering these things according to Philippians 4:8

Jesus too prayed for oneness of 'unity' at John 17:11 B; John 17:21-23.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
We would already have peace in the world if we didn't have any militaries.
Stripping us of military without unity, the military would build up again. Also, there are other ways to wage war without arms. Economic war, for example.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Friends, the nations are so self-centered they don't even know what's in their own advantage. Consider what happened at COP26. The rich nations gave a paltry amount to poor nations to mitigate climate change, and this will hurt those rich nations in the end.

The same is happening with regard to the pandemic. Consider that it is estimated that today Sub-Saharan Africa is 6% fully vaccinated, and 9% partly vaccinated. The longer the whole world is not vaccinated the more time that variants can emerge. They are not vaccinated because of self-centered nationalism by the rich nations who don't contribute enough.

What do we do about this? Obviously we can't transform into altruistic nations overnight. In the meantime, as this thread says, the problem is growing. Climate change is getting worse, costing the world more each year. Pandemics are getting more frequent, because we are encroaching on animals habits. I follow Crisis Group, and every month this year conflict is getting worse. I also follow Freedom House, and according to them freedom has lessened every year for the last 15 years.

What has to happen is these nations will have to learn the hard way, that the good of the part is the good of the whole.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That's symbolic of good winning over evil.
To me, it will be literal as recorded at Isaiah 11:3-4.
The ' sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ' will destroy the wicked .
Past Bible history came to pass, so the Edenic Promise of Genesis 3:15 will come to pass.
Revelation chapter 20 is just 'Bible history to still be made' to be made in the near coming future.
Or, how wickedness on Earth will end with Satan being thrown into the abyss.
Those who endorse wickedness will be gone forever. - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Friends, the nations are so self-centered they don't even know what's in their own advantage. Consider what happened at COP26. The rich nations gave a paltry amount to poor nations to mitigate climate change, and this will hurt those rich nations in the end.
The same is happening with regard to the pandemic. Consider that it is estimated that today Sub-Saharan Africa is 6% fully vaccinated, and 9% partly vaccinated. The longer the whole world is not vaccinated the more time that variants can emerge. They are not vaccinated because of self-centered nationalism by the rich nations who don't contribute enough.
What do we do about this? Obviously we can't transform into altruistic nations overnight. In the meantime, as this thread says, the problem is growing. Climate change is getting worse, costing the world more each year. Pandemics are getting more frequent, because we are encroaching on animals habits. I follow Crisis Group, and every month this year conflict is getting worse. I also follow Freedom House, and according to them freedom has lessened every year for the last 15 years.
What has to happen is these nations will have to learn the hard way, that the good of the part is the good of the whole.

To me the ^above^ matches the words found at Luke 21:11.
And now the rider of the pale (sickly) horse as found at Revelation 6:8 is on the gallop.
In Scripture the only solution is Jesus coming to rescue as being King of God's Kingdom - Matthew 6:10; Daniel 2:44.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Stripping us of military without unity, the military would build up again. Also, there are other ways to wage war without arms. Economic war, for example.
Interesting to say ' Economic War ' because a bad economy could make the wealth the religions have amassed look surprisingly like easy taking even through the banking systems.