• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UN and its proposed: Anti-Blasphemy Resolution

neves

YouTube - Crucial Step Towards Sharia Law? UN Anti Blasphemy Resolution - Christopher Hitchens @ CNN

First I like to say that I don’t really find/think the United Nations as a valid organization. But I find that the wording of the law does not really challenge free speech as this CNN clip implies. What do you think? Does it go against free speech? Or does it just give religious people some protection from discrimination/ hate speech?

As a side note, for some reason Lou Dobbs rubs me the wrong way… I don’t know why but he just does…

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I should be able to say whatever I want about anyone's religion and beliefs. Just as they have the same privilege towards my beliefs. Religious beliefs should have no more protection than political ones.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Blasphemy laws are likely to lead to even greater prohibitions against free speech.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Blasphemy.jpg

neves

“Also Urges States to provide, within their respective legal and constructional systems, adequate protection…against acts of hatred, discrimination, intimidation and coercion resulting from defamation of religion”

what in this wording is against free speech...?