• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ultimate questions of existence can never be answered?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I chose to have a nature of being able to fly by flipping my arms. But i seem unable to instantiate that will.
Where can I place a complain and get a new free will? The one I have received seems defective on the freedom part.
Is there a free will hotline or something?
- viole

I find there is a difference between wanting to do something and having the ability to make free-will choices about concerning things we can do something about. True we can't fly, but man chose to make airplanes to fly in.
The free-will hotline to me is found within the pages of Scripture because we are all free to act responsibly toward God.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I find it is science and the churches of Christendom's teachings that teach despair for the future of mankind.
Both science and the so-called churches teach destruction or ruin for Earth.
In the doctor's office today there was an article warning that men need to do something about climate change.
Whereas, the good news in the Bible informs us God will bring to ruin those ruining Earth at Revelation 11:18 B.
The happy climax at Revelation 22:2 lets us know that there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations.
Jesus will fulfill God's promise to father Abraham that ALL families of Earth will be blessed, and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed. Blessed with the benefit of healing. Even enemy death will be No more on Earth as per 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.
No one will say, " I am sick...." as per Isaiah 33:24. Earth will become paradisical according to Isaiah 35th chapter.
I see No despair, but a beautiful happy future coming to people of goodwill.

Yet if you were ill with (say) cancer you would welcome the science that produced the mri, scintograph, and the treatments that helped cure you or prolong your life.

Also, without science, quantum mechanics, materials development, software engineering you would not have a computing device to decry science. I find that a very hypocritical attitude.

Tell you what, you wave your bible at climate change while science actually attempts to reduce the effects.

Interestingly, besides using electricity and a computing device, fibre optics and radio signals to decry science you also visit the doctors... Do you realise that medicine is a science?

Dream on, science will make it so for you and than you can thank god while i thank the people who actually made it happen.. the scientists and engineers.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
How come the religious are so blind to the notion of processes? Not everything is a substance.

This is just a routine dishonest attempt to smuggle in gods.
I do not consider myself religious.

I accept all the proven truths of science determined via the scientific method. I can understand the frustration with people with the teachings of revealed religions and revealed spiritual paths. But why the anger and hostility against philosophically based viewpoints? Materialism is not the only way to view things.

The physical world, the universe, consists of matter and energy, space and time, the physical laws governing them, and the fundamental constants. A computer program running and an electronic circuit operating are merely these things in operation over time, always following the natural laws. The subjective experience of consciousness is nothing like this. Yes, perhaps there is a one to one correspondence with brain function.

Looncall

I do not consider myself religious.

I accept all the proven truths of science determined via the scientific method. I can understand the frustration with people with the teachings of revealed religions and revealed spiritual paths. But why the anger and hostility against philosophically based viewpoints? Materialism is not the only way to view things.

The physical world, the universe, consists of matter and energy, space and time, the physical laws governing them, and the fundamental constants. A computer program running and an electronic circuit operating are merely these things in operation over time, always following the natural laws. The subjective experience of consciousness is nothing like this. Yes, perhaps there is a one to one correspondence with brain function.

What evidence do you have that consciousness is not a process that occurs in brains?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yet if you were ill with (say) cancer you would welcome the science that produced the mri, scintograph, and the treatments that helped cure you or prolong your life.
Also, without science, quantum mechanics, materials development, software engineering you would not have a computing device to decry science. I find that a very hypocritical attitude.
Tell you what, you wave your bible at climate change while science actually attempts to reduce the effects.
Interestingly, besides using electricity and a computing device, fibre optics and radio signals to decry science you also visit the doctors... Do you realise that medicine is a science?
Dream on, science will make it so for you and than you can thank god while i thank the people who actually made it happen.. the scientists and engineers.

I want to say ' sorry ' for I was Not clear.
Christians living by Bible principles/ standards do Not wave their Bible at climate change.
Recently at a convenience store a person put their plastic cup in the trash can next to the recycle can.
The Christian picked out the plastic cup out of the trash can and placed it in the recycle can.
The person was miffed at what she did and thought she was being ridiculous to do that.
I then said to the Christian that I was proud of her for taking her stand.
So, Christians do things in righteous ways, and do Not throw plastic or trash in lakes or oceans, or streets, etc.
What I am saying is often modern technology is a two-edged sword. Atomic Energy /Atomic Bomb.
It is Not ' dream on ' because Christians can Not stop mankind in general from doing wrong.
That is why God will have Jesus step in and bring to ruin those ruining Earth as per Revelation 11:18 B.
In the meantime, Christians 'do' their part to support and prolong life as long as Not breaking God's Law.
Again, I feel badly that I was Not clear as to a Christian's position about climate change, science, medicine.
I do appreciate this opportunity to hopefully clear up some misunderstandings with you.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I want to say ' sorry ' for I was Not clear.
Christians living by Bible principles/ standards do Not wave their Bible at climate change.
Recently at a convenience store a person put their plastic cup in the trash can next to the recycle can.
The Christian picked out the plastic cup out of the trash can and placed it in the recycle can.
The person was miffed at what she did and thought she was being ridiculous to do that.
I then said to the Christian that I was proud of her for taking her stand.
So, Christians do things in righteous ways, and do Not throw plastic or trash in lakes or oceans, or streets, etc.
What I am saying is often modern technology is a two-edged sword. Atomic Energy /Atomic Bomb.
It is Not ' dream on ' because Christians can Not stop mankind in general from doing wrong.
That is why God will have Jesus step in and bring to ruin those ruining Earth as per Revelation 11:18 B.
In the meantime, Christians 'do' their part to support and prolong life as long as Not breaking God's Law.
Again, I feel badly that I was Not clear as to a Christian's position about climate change, science, medicine.
I do appreciate this opportunity to hopefully clear up some misunderstandings with you.

Well it cleared up that at least one christian cares about green issues. I do not believe that is the norm for many american christians.

I find it difficult to answer your god will fix it all my magic without breaking forum rules so i wont.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Well it cleared up that at least one christian cares about green issues. I do not believe that is the norm for many american christians.
I find it difficult to answer your god will fix it all my magic without breaking forum rules so i wont.
I find it interesting that you say ' American Christians ' because most of them belong to Christendom.
Christendom is mostly Christian in name only. They do Not base belief on Jesus' 1st-century teachings.
Christendom mostly follows their own church traditions or customs teaching them as Scripture when Not Scripture.
So, to me you are right it is Not the norm for many American Christians.

You're Not alone in finding it difficult to believe in a 'God fix'. Most of the people I speak with are 'American Christians' who know little about the Bible. When I said to one woman lets turn to Genesis, she said where is Genesis, and for two weeks I thought she was kidding me about basic Bible teachings such as where Genesis is located in the Bible.

Other than a Bible study by subject arrangement I don't know how I can make a difference.
Off and on for eleven years I talked with that above mentioned woman before she got the sense of the Bible.
I don't think the 'God fix' is even eleven years off, although we don't know exactly when.
Since we are at the ' final phase ' of Matthew 24:14 in globally spreading the good news message of Daniel 2:44 on a vast global scale as never before in history, then to me that means we are nearing the ' final signal ', so to speak, of 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 when the 'power that be ' will be saying, " Peace and Security...." as the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14.
I recently heard a young man on TV say people need to back the United Nations to establish peace.
In the past God used the political/military world as His arm of the Law.
So, that pattern will prove to be the same. The political world will surprisingly turn on the religious world.
That to me is how the ' God fix ' will begin by the political getting rid of the trouble-causing religions.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey URAVIP2ME,
It's a long time from when I really studied the bible.
Matt, John, Luke, and others, a lot of plagiarisms there.
I'm also amazed about the ignorance of the Genesis !
And no-one ever answers the question of the water.
Before any creation, before Earth and everything,
when the spirit hovered about and around the water,
even before said creation, from where'd the water come ?
Maybe `He` brought it with `Him` ? Created earlier maybe ?
After `nothingness` and before the `singularity`, I guess !

Last edited by a moderator:

ChristineM

Premium Member
I find it interesting that you say ' American Christians ' because most of them belong to Christendom.
Christendom is mostly Christian in name only. They do Not base belief on Jesus' 1st-century teachings.
Christendom mostly follows their own church traditions or customs teaching them as Scripture when Not Scripture.
So, to me you are right it is Not the norm for many American Christians.

You're Not alone in finding it difficult to believe in a 'God fix'. Most of the people I speak with are 'American Christians' who know little about the Bible. When I said to one woman lets turn to Genesis, she said where is Genesis, and for two weeks I thought she was kidding me about basic Bible teachings such as where Genesis is located in the Bible.

Other than a Bible study by subject arrangement I don't know how I can make a difference.
Off and on for eleven years I talked with that above mentioned woman before she got the sense of the Bible.
I don't think the 'God fix' is even eleven years off, although we don't know exactly when.
Since we are at the ' final phase ' of Matthew 24:14 in globally spreading the good news message of Daniel 2:44 on a vast global scale as never before in history, then to me that means we are nearing the ' final signal ', so to speak, of 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 when the 'power that be ' will be saying, " Peace and Security...." as the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14.
I recently heard a young man on TV say people need to back the United Nations to establish peace.
In the past God used the political/military world as His arm of the Law.
So, that pattern will prove to be the same. The political world will surprisingly turn on the religious world.
That to me is how the ' God fix ' will begin by the political getting rid of the trouble-causing religions.

It is not your prerogative to judge who is and who isnt true Christian
Matthew 7:1-6

Difficult... Actually impossible considering no god exists.

I dont really care how you perform your proselytizing, it is a thing i find truly obnoxious

And you are still wearing your clairvoyance hat

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It is not your prerogative to judge who is and who isnt true Christian
Matthew 7:1-6
Difficult... Actually impossible considering no god exists.
I dont really care how you perform your proselytizing, it is a thing i find truly obnoxious
And you are still wearing your clairvoyance hat

Right, and according to Matthew 25:31-33 Jesus is the one who does the judging.
I meant, according to Scripture, the ' wheat ' Christians follow Jesus' 1st-century teachings.
The fake ' weed/tares ' do Not line up with scriptural teachings.
So, what is written in the Bible is what is doing the separating - Matthew 7:21-23.
No one has to do the judging because God's judgement is already recorded in Scripture for all to see.

A true Christian, I find according to Scripture, does Not believe in a hell fire because the dead know nothing according to Jesus and the old Hebrew Scriptures. (John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5)
That religious hell-fire myth is Not biblical but a scare-tactic teaching found in Christendom.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Right, and according to Matthew 25:31-33 Jesus is the one who does the judging.
I meant, according to Scripture, the ' wheat ' Christians follow Jesus' 1st-century teachings.
The fake ' weed/tares ' do Not line up with scriptural teachings.
So, what is written in the Bible is what is doing the separating - Matthew 7:21-23.
No one has to do the judging because God's judgement is already recorded in Scripture for all to see.

A true Christian, I find according to Scripture, does Not believe in a hell fire because the dead know nothing according to Jesus and the old Hebrew Scriptures. (John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5)
That religious hell-fire myth is Not biblical but a scare-tactic teaching found in Christendom.

So why are you judging? Ah right, i understand, you are Christian so you judge and blame jesus for it.

Not interested in bible nonsense, unless you have anything original to discuss then dont

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So why are you judging? Ah right, i understand, you are Christian so you judge and blame jesus for it.
Not interested in bible nonsense, unless you have anything original to discuss then dont

I am wondering what is I ' judge and blame Jesus for it ' for what ?
God's judgement is already recorded in Scripture for all to read.
As far as 'personal judgements' it would be wrong to impute a wrong or bad motive to another.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I am wondering what is I ' judge and blame Jesus for it ' for what ?
God's judgement is already recorded in Scripture for all to read.
As far as 'personal judgements' it would be wrong to impute a wrong or bad motive to another.

Yet you are judging and as far as i know you are not god.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yet you are judging and as far as i know you are not god.

Judging or reading what is already recorded in Scripture.
I find it is Not my judgement but God's judgement as it is already recorded in Scripture for all to read.
How else does one judge or comprehend thou shall Not steal, or thou shall Not murder, etc.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Judging or reading what is already recorded in Scripture.
I find it is Not my judgement but God's judgement as it is already recorded in Scripture for all to read.
How else does one judge or comprehend thou shall Not steal, or thou shall Not murder, etc.

You judge based on your opinion. I quote you
"Christendom is mostly Christian in name only. They do Not base belief on Jesus' 1st-century teachings.
Christendom mostly follows their own church traditions or customs teaching them as Scripture when Not Scripture.,"

Yet the standard accepted definitions contradict you

Christendom :
the worldwide body or society of Christians.
the Christian world.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Ahhh...scripture;
that which mankind thinks
learns to speak and act on
scripts on stones and scrolls
passes to one and another
learns and teaches to the all
gives not judgement of none
save not himself to be atoned