• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ukraine getting like nazi germany

brokensymmetry

ground state

Yeah this is not promising. The interesting/disturbing question for me in episodes like this is, these are local militants, how long have they been harboring these biases against Jews? It's always disturbing to discover that such attitudes are prevalent at least among some groups when, certainly much so more when you learn what their true feelings are because they've seized power and start issuing edicts.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
This is very disturbing.

The phrase "Never Again" has essentially died. It is happening again. :(

freethinker44

It's extremely disturbing.

This is how Nazi Germany started.

It is disturbing. I've been noticing for a couple years now little things that have been happening that remind me of the western culture right before WW2. Now this. The whole situation with Russia and Ukraine is straight out of Hitler's playbook. Hopefully the results are different.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine

Jews in the eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk where pro-Russian militants have taken over government buildings were told they have to "register" with the Ukrainians who are trying to make the city become part of Russia, according to Israeli media.

Jews emerging from a synagogue say they were handed leaflets that ordered the city's Jews to provide a list of property they own and pay a registration fee "or else have their citizenship revoked, face deportation and see their assets confiscated," reported Ynet News, Israel's largest news website.

Donetsk is the site of an "anti-terrorist" operation by the Ukraine government, which has moved military columns into the region to force out militants who are demanding a referendum be held on joining Russia.

The leaflets bore the name of Denis Pushilin, who identified himself as chairman of "Donetsk's temporary government," and were distributed near the Donetsk synagogue and other areas, according to the report.

Pushilin acknowledged that flyers were distributed under his organization's name in Donetsk, but denied any connection to them, Ynet reported.

So... yes they were real flyers but "oh I don't know know anything about them."

WTF.

This is very disturbing,
disheartening, utterly
frightening news.​

Flankerl

If OP had actually read the article he posted he wouldnt have written "Ukraine" as if its somehow happening in most of Ukraine or even on the orders of the government but rather "Donetsk(which is at the moment in a state of civil war) getting like nazi germany".

Oh and it wont be like nazi germany, they are far too incompetent for something like that.

Yerda

Veteran Member
If you read the story you would have seen that the order to "register" is coming from the separatists. The leader of the temporary government - a joke phrase in any less dangerous a situation - has himself contradicted his authorship of the fliers. It looks like a scam to get money (registration fees) out of (perceived) wealthy locals.

Even if it were a legit attempt to register Jews, it would still be nothing like Nazi Germany.

And, by the way, if Never Again is only meant for Jews then it is vile.

CMike

If OP had actually read the article he posted he wouldnt have written "Ukraine" as if its somehow happening in most of Ukraine or even on the orders of the government but rather "Donetsk(which is at the moment in a state of civil war) getting like nazi germany".

Oh and it wont be like nazi germany, they are far too incompetent for something like that.

I had a feeling you would downplay it.

Flankerl

I had a feeling you would downplay it.

Where did i downplay anything?

Its only happening in Donetsk and not anywhere else. Your threadtitle is basic misinformation.

By the way i read that it only happens in Donetsk in the article you posted. :facepalm:

SkylarHunter

When I first saw this on CNN today I wondered if it was true. If it is, then the entire world needs to wake up and take it very, very seriously. This can't be seen as "simple" propaganda or whatever excuses they want to come up with. Let's not forget what happened the last time someone had this idea.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If you read the story you would have seen that the order to "register" is coming from the separatists. The leader of the temporary government - a joke phrase in any less dangerous a situation - has himself contradicted his authorship of the fliers. It looks like a scam to get money (registration fees) out of (perceived) wealthy locals.

Even if it were a legit attempt to register Jews, it would still be nothing like Nazi Germany.

And, by the way, if Never Again is only meant for Jews then it is vile.

Actually we use "Never Again" to pertain to any peoples.

Any attempt to register Jews only at this point has very serious ramifications because this was often used as a pretext for genocide. Check this out, which deals with Babi Yar whereas over 33,000 Jews were killed after they registered in Kiev: Babi Yar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CMike

Where did i downplay anything?

Its only happening in Donetsk and not anywhere else. Your threadtitle is basic misinformation.

By the way i read that it only happens in Donetsk in the article you posted. :facepalm:

Aside from this post?