• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ukraine Attacks Russian Airbases Well Within Russia

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I hope for two things upon reading this:

• that the attacks on the Russian air bases help bring the war closer to ending, and

• that no civilians, Russian or Ukrainian, are harmed or killed in the process.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Russia is claiming it's Ukraine and I suspect that's accurate. It seems like we're seeing a rerun of the Battle of Britain during WWII but on a smaller scale. Sláva Ukrayíni!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Especially when they're conscripts.

When it comes to stopping Russia who is telling their troops to rape children and torture people, there's no equivalence.

People die tragically all the time. The slaughter of Americans due to gun violence is just one example. The deaths of people who can't get adequate medical care let alone sufficient food is another.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I rather think some of these "attacks""accidental explosions" are the work of sympathisers, or active Ukrainian local behind the line cells.

Just like there are lots of Russians living in Ukraine, there are lots of Ukrainians living all around Russia.

I do not share the view that this war will be over any time soon. Putin is staking his future reputation on it.
He has already staked hundreds of thousands of other people's lives on it. He will pay any price to win.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
When it comes to stopping Russia who is telling their troops to rape children and torture people, there's no equivalence.

People die tragically all the time. The slaughter of Americans due to gun violence is just one example. The deaths of people who can't get adequate medical care let alone sufficient food is another.

I was talking about conscript deaths in general, many of whom would rather not be in a war of aggression. This applies to many Americans who fought in Vietnam, too.

I agree stopping Russia is a priority, and Ukrainian self-defense is obviously not equivalent to Russian aggression.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
• that no civilians, Russian or Ukrainian, are harmed or killed in the process.
I fear this a lot. Not only do I have extended family in both nations, but several favorite bands. One of them even took to Facebook when "fans" demanded a statement chastising them that they (the band) were currently taking shelter in basements and fearing nuclear escalation. It is so easy to forget that the every-day citizens do not want what their madman president wants.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I fear this a lot. Not only do I have extended family in both nations, but several favorite bands. One of them even took to Facebook when "fans" demanded a statement chastising them that they (the band) were currently taking shelter in basements and fearing nuclear escalation. It is so easy to forget that the every-day citizens do not want what their madman president wants.

I follow a lot of cats on social media that live or lived in Russia and Ukraine. Some of the breeders in Ukraine have had to relocate, and it has been immensely painful to watch the poor animals and their owners have to flee in such terrible circumstances.

In a dictatorship like Russia, many citizens who have no voice may pay the price for their leader's bloodlust and egomaniacal aggression.