• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK MP has been killed following stabbing in Essex

Laika

Premium Member
The Conservative MP David Amess has died after being stabbed. A man is reported to have walked in to the constituency surgery, where an MP meets members of the public, and to have stabbed the MP multiple times. A 25- year old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and counter-terrorism police are involved in the investigation until a non-terrorism motive has been established.

Representatives from political parties and organisations across Britain are sending in their condolences including former prime minister David Cameron, Theresa May, Tony Blair and John Major, Labour leader Kier Starmer and SNP leader and Scottish First Minister Nichoas Sturgeon. Boris Johnson has returned to Downing Street from Bristol. Amess is now the second MP to be killed in five years following the death of Jo Cox.

For more details here are the first reports:
MP David Amess dies after being stabbed at constituency surgery

For updates from the Guardian click here:
David Amess: tributes paid after Conservative MP dies in stabbing attack – latest updates

David Amess' Wikipedia page if needed:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Amess

If you have any thoughts, please feel free to share. This is both troubling and sad. :(

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
It's a terrible sign of the times. MPs are putting themselves out in public on a regular basis. The risk needs addressing urgently.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
May he rest in peace. I hope the perpetrator gets the maximum possible penalty for this horrific crime.

Altfish

Veteran Member
@Altfish @ChristineM

Did he deserve this because he was a Tory ?
Oh my word... how on earth do you come to that sort of conclusion.. I thought you were a religious person?
I disagree with his politics but would wish this upon no one; this is a despicable event.
This is driven by political parties that thrive on hate.

I support no such party.

Altfish

Veteran Member
The Conservative MP David Amess has died after being stabbed. A man is reported to have walked in to the constituency surgery, where an MP meets members of the public, and to have stabbed the MP multiple times. A 25- year old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and counter-terrorism police are involved in the investigation until a non-terrorism motive has been established.

Representatives from political parties and organisations across Britain are sending in their condolences including former prime minister David Cameron, Theresa May, Tony Blair and John Major, Labour leader Kier Starmer and SNP leader and Scottish First Minister Nichoas Sturgeon. Boris Johnson has returned to Downing Street from Bristol. Amess is now the second MP to be killed in five years following the death of Jo Cox.

For more details here are the first reports:
MP David Amess dies after being stabbed at constituency surgery

For updates from the Guardian click here:
David Amess: tributes paid after Conservative MP dies in stabbing attack – latest updates

David Amess' Wikipedia page if needed:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Amess

If you have any thoughts, please feel free to share. This is both troubling and sad. :(
Awful news, the UK's democratic system is under threat

Altfish

Veteran Member
@Altfish

I think he was great: he was a Eurosceptic
What has the fact that he was wrong about the EU got to do with it. He was probably supporting his eurosceptic' constituents.
I didn't know him but he sounds like a thoroughly decent chap, this should not happen.

It just shows that some religious people have the wrong opinion of both atheists and Remainers.

Last edited:

ronki23

What has the fact that he was wrong about the EU got to do with it. He was probably supporting his eurosceptic' constituents.
I didn't know him but he sounds like a thoroughly decent chap, this should not happen.

It just shows that some religious people have the wrong opinion of both atheists and Remainers.

Why can't you just let it be ? You're criticising him and saying he was wrong , saying he was 'probably' supporting his constituents- even when he's dead you criticise him at worst and at best you say he was misguided

It's not just the Tories who voted leave: a sizeable Labour vote went to the Brexit party because Labour was not being clear on their position

How many Labour supporters voted Leave?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Why can't you just let it be ? You're criticising him and saying he was wrong , saying he was 'probably' supporting his constituents- even when he's dead you criticise him at worst and at best you say he was misguided

It's not just the Tories who voted leave: a sizeable Labour vote went to the Brexit party because Labour was not being clear on their position

And you criticise @Altfish and me while we are alive. In fact you make up **** about me to massage your own ego. The offending **** is removed by staff and you refuse to apologise for your libel.

Altfish

Veteran Member

You started this by criticising me & @ChristineM, assuming I'd be pleased by his death; I'm sorry I disappointed you.

Is there any doubt now that Brexit is a major error of ideology

I am not a Labour supporter, I was, but currently I am disenfranchised. None of the main parties represent my views and thoughts.