• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK is the most corrupt country on Earth

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, the finance area of the country is a den of iniquity. This has been apparent and known for a while. It's a seedy back-alley of nonsense.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think all countries should have an independent ombudsman such as they have in at least some of the Scandinavia countries like Sweden.

I remember one of my professors many years ago tell us that the FBI estimates that there is roughly four times more money ripped off in white-collar crime versus street crime. I don't know if that would hold true today, but my guess is that it might be even higher yet. And then if they get caught the consequences are so different than if you and I went out a robbed a 7-11.

HonestJoe

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I remember one of my professors many years ago tell us that the FBI estimates that there is roughly four times more money ripped off in white-collar crime versus street crime. I don't know if that would hold true today, but my guess is that it might be even higher yet. And then if they get caught the consequences are so different than if you and I went out a robbed a 7-11.
I read a line on social media a while back that stuck with me:

"If you don't think that crime is a social construct, see the difference in what happens if you steal $100 out of the till at work versus if your boss shorts your paycheque $100."

MNoBody

appears to be a debate as to which part of the bog of eternal stench smells worse..... egads.... o_O

Vee

Premium Member
According to a guy who knows a thing or two about corruption: A mafia expert has named 'the most corrupt country in the world'

I think that mafia expert needs to do a tour of most countries in Africa, and the Middle East. Lebanon is a great one to start. Central America is very rich in corruption too. I'm sure the UK is corrupt. All countries are, some more than others, but I doubt it would make it to the top 10 of the most corrupt countries in the world.

PureX

Veteran Member
From what I can see from all the way 'across the pond' (via TV), there is some truth to this. You lot do seem to be significantly more corrupt at the local level than we are here in the U.S.,.