• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK Elections

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
We'll I for one do not condone exploiting slave labour, unemployment is at its lowest level for years.

Yes it does take time to train nurses, in fact foreign nurses have to be trained in NHS procedures, I know this because I know many nurses personally, Europe isn't the only place where we can get nurses so it'll level out eventually.

Payment for work is not slave labour, the market rate is set by what can be realised.

Before eventually people die for lack of care, is that what brexit is about?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Why are you supporting Brexit and the Tory party, then? Both are a threat to workers' rights.

I've made my reasons for Brexit quite clear, I supported the tory Party because they were the only ones that could deliver Brexit.

Why do you want Brexit then, when it's discouraging people from coming here to do vital jobs that we can't fill domestically?

No it doesn't, it's a big old world and once we get an aussie style entry we'll be just fine.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Payment for work is not slave labour, the market rate is set by what can be realised.

Before eventually people die for lack of care, is that what brexit is about?

I've heard it many times, "low paid foreign workers because they are the only ones who will do the work for a pittance", so employers will have to up the anti.

ratiocinator

I've made my reasons for Brexit quite clear...

No you haven't. All you've done is come up with empty slogans and blind faith about savings that pretty much all the experts disagree with.

I'm still waiting for any leaver to come up with a single practical way in which the EU has made their life worse or a single way in which they think they'll benefit from leaving.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I've heard it many times, "low paid foreign workers because they are the only ones who will do the work for a pittance", so employers will have to up the anti.

And go bust because the work cannot support a higher wage. Or increase prices. Of course the buyers and distributers will increase prices accordingly. And there goes inflation, exorbitant prices in the shops, jobs market stagnates, shops close because no one is buying... Remind you of anything?

Or perhaps the conservative will give tax breaks to the low paid to make up for the shortfall (yes its called sarcasm)

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
No you haven't. All you've done is come up with empty slogans and blind faith about savings that pretty much all the experts disagree with.

I'm still waiting for any leaver to come up with a single practical way in which the EU has made their life worse or a single way in which they think they'll benefit from leaving.

Don't hold your breath waiting

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

How about this expert, issing the architect of the euro, the eu will collapse, all the so called experts have been wro g up to now that have been produced by remain, there's truth in what is sing says though, the ecb has 2.6 trillion in debt and is struggling to stimulate growth, in 10 years there won't be an eu, at the very least not the one you have.

We will benefit from our own rules, our own laws ans 90% bull**** bureaucratic spaghetti.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
And go bust because the work cannot support a higher wage. Or increase prices. Of course the buyers and distributers will increase prices accordingly. And there goes inflation, exorbitant prices in the shops, jobs market stagnates, shops close because no one is buying... Remind you of anything?

Or perhaps the conservative will give tax breaks to the low paid to make up for the shortfall (yes its called sarcasm)

Actually the lowest paid are better off under the tories.

ratiocinator

We will benefit from our own rules, our own laws ans 90% bull**** bureaucratic spaghetti.

More empty slogans. What rules of the EU have made things worse for you and what exactly do you want to change when we leave that will make anybody's life better?

And why do you keep typing answers inside quotes?

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Actually the lowest paid are better off under the tories.

So reducing the tax burden for the better of helps the low paid how exactly

They cannot afford to reduce the tax burden of the majority (less well off)

Man cannot live on promises alone

In the meantime financing for schemes and initiatives effecting the less well off is being cut.

Just to emphasis how undemocratic the system is, Johnson the Lair got 44% of the vote and won 56% of the seats in Parliament, giving him carte blanche to do anything he wants. Brexit supporting parties got 47% of the vote, while those supporting remaining or a second referendum got 51%.

So much for British democracy.

Just to emphasise how undemocratic the system is, in a referendum 8 years ago the electorate voted to keep it with a 2/3 majority :D

Altfish

Veteran Member
Just to emphasise how undemocratic the system is, in a referendum 8 years ago the electorate voted to keep it with a 2/3 majority :D
It wasn't a vote on Proportional Representation.
The option was FPTP or Alternative Vote - a convoluted system of transferring votes.

So you had a choice Bad System or Worse System - IIRC less than 50% voted and you are right 2/3rds voted to leave it as it was,

Last edited:

ratiocinator

Firstly, that's totally irrelevant to the point, and secondly, the alternative offered wasn't much better. It's something else we can blame Clegg for, he should have insisted on PR, then we wouldn't be in the godawful mess...