• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. to pull out of Iraq after nearly 9 years of war

dust1n

Zindīq
No one is advocating the bombing of children.:rolleyes:
It is well documented that women and children are used as human shields in that region.

But you advocated a harder 'punch' (I'm assuming this meant more or at least more decisive military action). The 'punch' we did take involved bombing regions (for example, Afghanistan has a population that is %60 under, like, 22) using radioactive materials knowing that we would be hitting children.

If you advocated military action (at least the kind we did), 'punching' if you will, than you advocated the bombing off a peoples knowing that children would get hit.

I've got to go make jack-o-lanterns with the kids.
I can accomplish more scraping the guts out of pumpkins than I will here.:shrug:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Curious its only countries of strategic or economic interest to the US we attack and "save from oppression." I notice we never went into Darfur or Rwanda or Cambodia, where we could actually have helped people.

Freedom fighters my arse. The military is corporate muscle.
Amen!

Well ya know, if you'd actually just respond to things without being so sharp, off-topic and trollish, I wouldn't have to return it back at ya.

It's ok. It's politics, it's supposed to be sharp. And believe me , I can take anything that's thrown at me. And calling me a troll? Doesn't make me lose any sleep.:D
Luv ya bucky!!

waitasec

Veteran Member
Curious its only countries of strategic or economic interest to the US we attack and "save from oppression." I notice we never went into Darfur or Rwanda or Cambodia, where we could actually have helped people.

:clap

I believe we should use our resourses in our best intrests first. No one gives us anything but a hard time no matter what we do anyway.
And , I have to say, I take your insults towards the individuals in the US military very personally whether anyone likes it or not. But you have the right to say what you feel , they have always made sure of that with their blood.
Enjoy.;)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Everyone gives us a hard time anyway? That kind of attitude's not going to win any friends. Did it ever occur to you we might be reaping what we've sown?

As far as insulting the military, think about it. Go over your history. You can count the time's the US military's actually defended the country on the fingers of one hand -- and still hold a beer in it.
The military does not promote the values outlined in our constitution. It's the muscle behind corporate nation building and exploitation. I could give you dozens of examples just since WW II. Even before then the military was a racket.
Check out this speech from eighty years ago. It wasn't written by any anti military radical, but a Marine Corps Major General with two Medals of Honor: www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3_EXqJ8f-0

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone gives us a hard time anyway? That kind of attitude's not going to win any friends. Did it ever occur to you we might be reaping what we've sown?

As far as insulting the military, think about it. Go over your history. You can count the time's the US military's actually defended the country on the fingers of one hand -- and still hold a beer in it.
The military does not promote the values outlined in our constitution. It's the muscle behind corporate nation building and exploitation. I could give you dozens of examples just since WW II. Even before then the military was a racket.
Check out this speech from eighty years ago. It wasn't written by any anti military radical, but a Marine Corps Major General with two Medals of Honor: [youtube]F3_EXqj8f-0[/youtube]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3_EXqJ8f-0

We just don't see things the same way on this. Like I said, It's your right as an American to think and say what you want.