• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. Muslims and Mormons share deepening ties

Popeyesays

although i did post that with a certain amount of tongue in cheek. there is in fact a lot more to Halal than meat.

Halal in fact applies not only to food products but to all aspects of life and social context.

It is "cleanliness". Kosher is a much more co prehensive dietary system than halal.

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

are jews i involved this to?

What in particular? The Interfaith Alliance? Yes.

The initiative between the LDS and the Mosque? I don't know. The Jewish communities are often the initiators of interfaith efforts in my experience.

Regards,
Scott

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I guess, all I am trying to say is "be careful", though you may have to understand a great deal more about Islam to understand why exactly.

Listen to Paul, Kat. You will never know what those evil Muslims would do to you!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Listen to Paul, Kat. You will never know what those evil Muslims would do to you!
Yeah, I know. My neighbor across the street is Muslim. She's from Iran. I've known her for six or eight years now and she has never bombed me yet. I live in mortal terror, though, that today may be the day. :D

kai

ragamuffin
Yeah, I know. My neighbor across the street is Muslim. She's from Iran. I've known her for six or eight years now and she has never bombed me yet. I live in mortal terror, though, that today may be the day. :D

well if you pool your resources i am sure that would make the rest of the street very uneasy.:)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
well if you pool your resources i am sure that would make the rest of the street very uneasy.:)
:eek:

*sigh*

I never said that our dear Muslim friends are evil, Abu. My concern is with the potential motives for making overtures to the LDS. The point is, if the motive is to bolster their horrendous public image, rather than genuine interest in LDS followers and principles, then the relationship is a tad disingenuous. Hence, "Be Careful." That is not quite the same as telling them to dig bunkers or head for the hills, now, is it?

Yeah, I know. My neighbor across the street is Muslim. She's from
Iran. I've known her for six or eight years now and she has never bombed me yet. I live in mortal terror, though, that today may be the day.
LOL. Methinks you are misunderstanding the thrust of my advice Kathryn. As I said earlier, to understand what I am jabbering about requires that one have a grasp of Islam. Perhaps something can be learned from the well meaning naivety of Neville Chamberlain.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
LOL. Methinks you are misunderstanding the thrust of my advice Kathryn.

Well, it seems that i wasn't the first one who *misunderstood* your highly valuable advice about getting away from Muslims if they didn't really REALLY tried so hard to ACCEPT the LDS belief entirely. :rolleyes:

Hyperborean

Cultural Conservative
The connection is based not on theology but on shared values and a sense of isolation from mainstream America.
I don't like this. Mormons can be decent people, but as Muslims we need to be careful who we associate ourselves with. Allah says in the Quran (translated): "Your real allies are Allah and His messenger, and the believers who observe the prayers (Salat), and give the obligatory charity (Zakat), and they bow down...do not befriend those among the recipients of previous scripture who mock and ridicule your religion, nor shall you befriend the disbelievers. You shall reverence Allah, if you are really believers. "

By revering Joseph Smith, a self-claimed Prophet, they are indirectly mocking the position of Muhammad (PBUH). Mormons are barely Christians, as they hold Joseph Smith in higher regard than Jesus (AS). They are no "allies" of ours.

Last edited:

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't like this. Mormons can be decent people, but as Muslims we need to be careful who we associate ourselves with. Allah says in the Quran (translated): "Your real allies are Allah and His messenger, and the believers who observe the prayers (Salat), and give the obligatory charity (Zakat), and they bow down...do not befriend those among the recipients of previous scripture who mock and ridicule your religion, nor shall you befriend the disbelievers. You shall reverence Allah, if you are really believers. "

By revering Joseph Smith, a self-claimed Prophet, they are indirectly mocking the position of Muhammad (PBUH). Mormons are barely Christians, as they hold Joseph Smith in higher regard than Jesus (AS). They are no "allies" of ours.

Why you think there is a problem in being a friend to them? just because they are not Muslims?

If that was the case, then all the non-muslims can never be a friend to any muslim, is that what you mean?

Also brother, try to look up any tafseer near you to know why that verse was revealed and what is the context of it.

By the way, which Sura and what verse number was that?

Thank you.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Brother, maybe you missed this one:

[8] Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.

[9] Allah only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out, of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong. (Quran 60:8-9)

:)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I don't like this. Mormons can be decent people, but as Muslims we need to be careful who we associate ourselves with.
So fine, don't associate with us. We'll survive.

How would you like it if I said Muslims hold Muhammad in higher regard than Allah? That is exactly the same lie you've just told about Mormons. And where does a Muslim get off telling any follower of Jesus Christ that he's "barely a Christian"? I don't know who the hell you think you are, but I'll tell you one thing you aren't -- and that's a good representative of your faith. Thank God most of the rest of the Muslims on RF are!

Last edited: