• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U. S. House of Representatives vote down Impeachment

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
What a bunch of *******. This is why the Democrats are going to lose, they lack cojones. They simply lack the balls or guts to do what need to be done.

The Reverend Bob

No enumeration of charges then?
Does it really matter? It is obvious even if it could be shown that Trump violated the Foreign and Domestic Emoluments Clause, obstructed justice or murdered someone on Times Square that the Democrats in Congress would do anything about it (that whole Mueller crap was just a ruse and pretense, a put on to act as if they were actually interested, the're not. They knew it would lead nowhere, but put on the show anyway, so people could be mollified) . They are spineless and the lack the ability to lead. This should be a sign of hope to you, Sugar. It shows that these gutless wretches are destined to lose once again.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
Does it really matter? It is obvious even if it could be shown that Trump violated the Foreign and Domestic Emoluments Clause, obstructed justice or murdered someone on Times Square that the Democrats in Congress would do anything about it (that whole Mueller crap was just a ruse and pretense, a put on to act as if they were actually interested, the're not. They knew it would lead nowhere, but put on the show anyway, so people could be mollified) . They are spineless and the lack the ability to lead. This should be a sign of hope to you, Sugar. It shows that these gutless wretches are destined to lose once again.

Yes, it does really matter when your comments, (What a bunch of *******. This is why the Democrats are going to lose, they lack cojones. They simply lack the balls or guts to do what need to be done.) , imply the House should have proceeded with the impeachment.
The point being, there are no grounds for impeachment.
Al Green of Texas went on the record in his attempt to initiate impeachment and looked like a fool.
Hopefully his constituents will remember that come the 2020 election.
These charges by Green, President Trump bringing the presidency “in contempt, ridicule, disgrace, and disrepute”, are not impeachable grounds.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I think there is plenty to be investigated but I do think the whole Russian thing was a red herring to appease people and I really don't think Congress is interested in investigating
I think at this point a strategic decision may have been taken that it's simply easier and quicker to vote him out, assuming a) the Democrats extract the digit and start fielding a coherent, broad base appeal alternative (they really need to pull themselves together) and b) that Trump and the Trumpettes will abide by an election result

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
It will come to nothing once again
I suspect so. Still worth demonstrating that voting not to impeach doesn't mean there are no grounds for impeachment to the Trumpettes and Usual Suspects. Assuming they bother to read past the headline of the article. Horses to water and all that.

The Reverend Bob

I suspect so. Still worth demonstrating that voting not to impeach doesn't mean there are no grounds for impeachment to the Trumpettes and Usual Suspects. Assuming they bother to read past the headline of the article. Horses to water and all that.
Oh there is grounds, real grounds. But the Democrats would rather go chasing Mueller's windmills than going after real giants. They don't bother looking into Trump's finances probably because many of them are just as dirty as he is when it comes to that. **** the Democrats, they are part of the problem. They don't care about the people.