• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tyson Foods to require COVID-19 vaccines for all US employees

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
(Read it). Maybe there's a balance between health emergency and keeping economy running. I know people want to focus 100% on the health emergency as if we can control where the virus goes and what it does but I do find there is some balance. Unless it's a bomb threat everyone is at the same risk of getting zapped, there needs to be some focus on those living not just those dying.
I'm in favor of living, & of avoiding dying.
So I plan to require proof of vaccination in some
business circumstances. Anyone who dislikes this
may take their business elsewhere.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
There has always been a high case among unvaccinated with and without the vaccine arrival. Unless experts say that unvaccinated people changed their routine and put themselves at more risk than before vaccines came out, it's just stating the obvious but in light to get people to vaccinate. A guilt-incentive for lack of better words: "see how the unvaccinated are being killed over, its time you should get vaccinated."

The message is sending confirmed biases to provaxxers that the unvaccinated are in danger to others when that simply has always been the case just vaccinated lowered their endangerment but did not relieve it.
It's not guilt it's facts. These are the numbers. Very few of those being hospitalized and dying are vaccinated. At this point some are calling it a pandemic for the unvaccinated.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
(Read it). Maybe there's a balance between health emergency and keeping economy running. I know people want to focus 100% on the health emergency as if we can control where the virus goes and what it does but I do find there is some balance. Unless it's a bomb threat everyone is at the same risk of getting zapped, there needs to be some focus on those living not just those dying.
A mask does not impede the economy. It's a very minor inconvenience at most.
And again, for the billionth time, plenty of places have done well at controlling the spread of covid, but it does require the public to comply with restrictions. When they don't comply you get the self-inflicted disaster that America is still slogging through.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Well yes, antivaxxers are antisocial, self-centred people who don't care that they spread the virus far more than vaccinated people. That's obvious. What's new?

I'd say there are some unvaccinated who are antivaxxers and some unvaccinated who are not. The former can do silly things just as provaxxers can but those nuetral vaccinated and unvaccinated really don't care in regards to activism.

But the solution? Send all antivaxxers to their own island in concentration camps? I don't know. I'm slowly wondering what's the use of complaining about the world situation. That's one reason I never got into politics-I never liked taking sides insofar that my whole worldview and emotions are controlled over it.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'd say there are some unvaccinated who are antivaxxers and some unvaccinated who are not. The former can do silly things just as provaxxers can but those nuetral vaccinated and unvaccinated really don't care in regards to activism.

But the solution? Send all antivaxxers to their own island in concentration camps? I don't know. I'm slowly wondering what's the use of complaining about the world situation. That's one reason I never got into politics-I never liked taking sides insofar that my whole worldview and emotions are controlled over it.
No. The solution is simple. Encourage or mandate proof of vaccination as a requirement for any kind of activity that involves significant numbers of people being together in restricted spaces: restaurants, bars, night clubs, theatres, music venues - and certain occupations too. People can still make the choice to be selfish but they will have to realise that certain things will be off-limits to them, due to the risk they pose to others. That is perfectly fair and reasonable. Nobody has the right to inflict easily avoidable risk on others.

The risk they themselves run is beside the point: that's up to them. If they want to be like this guy, they are welcome: Fitness enthusiast, 42, who rejected vaccine, dies of Covid

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No. The solution is simple. Encourage or mandate proof of vaccination as a requirement for any kind of activity that involves significant numbers of people being together in restricted spaces: restaurants, bars, night clubs, theatres, music venues - and certain occupations too. People can still make the choice to be selfish but they will have to realise that certain things will be off-limits to them, due to the risk they pose to others. That is perfectly fair and reasonable. Nobody has the right to inflict easily avoidable risk on others.

The risk they themselves run is beside the point: that's up to them. If they want to be like this guy, they are welcome: Fitness enthusiast, 42, who rejected vaccine, dies of Covid

We have all this and then some. We have employees giving money incentives to vaccinate. Commercials, even media can barely get out anything that doesn't make the vaccine highlighted. Believe me. The facts and science aren't scripture. People assess these things to make the best decision for themselves and others.

So, the solution isn't give more information, proof, and evidence. That's like, excuse the comparison, quoting verses hoping it would save the other when more than likely the other is more versed than the believer even academically so.

Is there a better solution than more info?

There's only but so much you can accuse people of being ignorant of until you find another method than expecting different results from the same tactic.

No?

exchemist

Veteran Member
We have all this and then some. We have employees giving money incentives to vaccinate. Commercials, even media can barely get out anything that doesn't make the vaccine highlighted. Believe me. The facts and science aren't scripture. People assess these things to make the best decision for themselves and others.

So, the solution isn't give more information, proof, and evidence. That's like, excuse the comparison, quoting verses hoping it would save the other when more than likely the other is more versed than the believer even academically so.

Is there a better solution than more info?

There's only but so much you can accuse people of being ignorant of until you find another method than expecting different results from the same tactic.

No?
you are not reading my post. I am not talking about information, but practical steps to exclude the unvaccinated from situations where they pose a threat.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

That splits people to where they are forced to comply or be called selfish and such if they don't.

It's totally based on what Could happen if unvaccinated caught the virus not what Will happen. People are so afraid and you can see it by how they treat people because of something they don't know.

I don't see it's selfishness. It's selfish if one knows they have covid and still interact with people vaccinated or not.

But not being vaccinated in and of itself tells me nothing about that person's health. It doesn't tell me if I'm and others are "in danger" or not. It doesn't tell me Why the person's unvaccinated.

I don't call people selfish, actually, but if I did I rather know first the facts before accusing people cause of my opinions.

exchemist

Veteran Member
That splits people to where they are forced to comply or be called selfish and such if they don't.

It's totally based on what Could happen if unvaccinated caught the virus not what Will happen. People are so afraid and you can see it by how they treat people because of something they don't know.

I don't see it's selfishness. It's selfish if one knows they have covid and still interact with people vaccinated or not.

But not being vaccinated in and of itself tells me nothing about that person's health. It doesn't tell me if I'm and others are "in danger" or not. It doesn't tell me Why the person's unvaccinated.

I don't call people selfish, actually, but if I did I rather know first the facts before accusing people cause of my opinions.
Actually it doesn't. It protects people from unecessary exposure to risk.

If the unvaccinated person doesn't like being excluded from these activities, the remedy is simple, easy and in their hands: get vaccinated, or get a letter from a doctor explaining that they can't be vaccinated for medical reasons.

There is no reason at all why society should tolerate potentially highly infectious people in their midst when the means of reducing the risk is easily available to all.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
How many place in others countries are requiring/making it mandatory for employees to get the vaccine?

This can be looked at in two ways...
1. We are going to force our workers to take the vaccine.
2. Its your choice. But you can't work here if you choose not to get it.

Tyson Foods announced Tuesday that all its U.S. employees will be required to receive COVID-19 vaccines.

According to a news release on the Tyson Foods website, employees are expected to receive their vaccines by Nov. 1.

The company expects leadership to complete vaccinations by Sep. 24. Office employees must be vaccinated by Oct. 1.

https://www-kcci-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.kcci.com/amp/article/tyson-foods-to-require-covid-19-vaccines-for-all-us-employees/37209652?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#aoh=16280430961262&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.kcci.com/article/tyson-foods-to-require-covid-19-vaccines-for-all-us-employees/37209652

Mercy requires workers to get vaccinated, affects employees in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Kansas

Mercy Health System announced Wednesday all of its workers must receive a covid-19 vaccine by the end of September, joining numerous hospital systems nationally that have implemented the same requirement.

Mercy requires workers to get vaccinated, affects employees in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Kansas
I think in most health care/aged care/disability care sectors and airports mandatory COVID vaccines have been the staple for a while now. At least where I live. This is frightening to you?
When I worked an entry level job I had to be mostly vaccinated. Like it’s just health and safety protocol

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Actually it doesn't. It protects people from unecessary exposure to risk.

If the unvaccinated person doesn't like being excluded from these activities, the remedy is simple, easy and in their hands: get vaccinated, or get a letter from a doctor explaining that they can't be vaccinated for medical reasons.

There is no reason at all why society should tolerate potentially highly infectious people in their midst when the means of reducing the risk is easily available to all.

Ideally it would protect people if we knew who had the virus (asymptomatic or symptomatic). For now, we just don't know. An illusion of protection. If it were a potential bomb threat, then yeah. Everyone duck for cover regardless where they are, who they are, and such... but this, no.

In this case, "potential" does not say anything about the person's health, vaccination status, even his political opinions (if that matters). All we have is "he is not vaccinated=he's a bomb waiting to go off." Potential is a fear word and the risk of catching the virus is dependent on how much vaccinated people put emotion and concern over whether that potential warrants segregation.

I mean, it's alright to an extent to be afraid of the unknown, but the unvaccinated (exempted for medical reasons and not) are not bombs. The issue is with the vaccinated not the unvaccinated.

How do you know which unvaccinated person is at a higher risk of catching the virus?

Are there other factors that determine whether you're (and others) are in danger or is it only that one is unvaccinated alone?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Good? I don't think its good for anyone to test positive/have the virus.

And fyi, that article is over a year old.
Not at all what I'm saying.

I agree that it's not good for anyone to test positive/have the virus. That's where I'm going with this.

Yes, I know the article is very old. I was pointing out the massive outbreak problems they initially had in their factories when they refused to implement social distancing measures.
Which is the reason I'm now saying that employee testing for COVID is "good."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Not at all what I'm saying.

I agree that it's not good for anyone to test positive/have the virus. That's where I'm going with this.

Yes, I know the article is very old. I was pointing out the massive outbreak problems they initially had in their factories when they refused to implement social distancing measures.
Which is the reason I'm now saying that employee testing for COVID is "good."

What a mess.