• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tyson Foods to require COVID-19 vaccines for all US employees

exchemist

Veteran Member
Plus, I have my NHS card with the dates of my two jabs. :) (and a photo of it on my phone)
The QR code is supposed to be more secure because hard to forge. Someone would need to give it to another person, or have it stolen from them. And it expires after a month so if stolen it wouldn't work for very long. So you do need to log on and download another one each month, which is a slight bore, but no worse than remembering to charge up your travelcard.

exchemist

Veteran Member
You have "passports" there in Costa Rica?
No we have vaccination certificates, provided by the NHS.

Just as any traveller to a country where yellow fever is endemic has always had to have. Which again is provided free by the NHS, to anyone they have vaccinated for that. I think I've lost mine but I've retired now so don't travel to such places any more.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No we have vaccination certificates, provided by the NHS.

Just as any traveller to a country where yellow fever is endemic has always had to have. Which again is provided free by the NHS, to anyone they have vaccinated for that.

Was just curious. A lot of states here are yelling "hell no" to any vaccine verification unless maybe healthcare systems of course and travel.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Was just curious. A lot of states here are yelling "hell no" to any vaccine verification unless maybe healthcare systems of course and travel.
Yes, well, we are not mad over here, by and large.

Most of us know there's something nasty around that we don't want to catch and most of us are willing to put up with a few trifling inconveniences, without fulminating about a police state, especially since the alternative is a never-ending vista of lockdowns and economic damage.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Yet people who cant take the vaccine(for medical or whatever reasons) will still work in those places. Which means the mandate's aren't for everyone and loopholes will be exploited.
Who can't take the vaccine?

(Besides children under 12, of course)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Saw that also. At least its a legitimate choice.

Yeah. People (guess the US?) like choices. I don't like incentives to make people choose the vaccine but if they had it to where we can test instead of vaccinate, maybe more people would opt for the second after getting tired of tests. Who knows. Businesses have always, so far I know, at least provide alternatives with the same goal in mind. Even things like disability (odd comparison) such as using a ramp if one can't use the stairs. Many people use the ramp and they can walk the stairs just fine. People who are medically exempt can still spread the virus, so maybe it's worth it to make alternatives and let the people decide if they want to switch or not.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I don't see us controlling the "forces of nature" either way. Illusion of control. Politically it may not be working well, but we'll see if the virus disappears if enough people get vaccinated "in the world."
It won't. All the evidence is we are stuck with a new endemic disease.

The object of vaccination is not to make it "disappear", but to reduce to a tolerable level the number of people who get really sick or die from it. Society will never be able to function normally if people are clogging up the hospitals and dropping like flies.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't see us controlling the "forces of nature" either way. Illusion of control. Politically it may not be working well, but we'll see if the virus disappears if enough people get vaccinated "in the world."
Except we can clearly see now covid is significantly more problematic in areas of low vaccination rates. Even in America, there is a very clear divide, and it appears to be strongly overlapping with politics (such as Texas, Missouri, and Florida who are being hit hard right now).
Things like measles and polio we made great progress in controlling. Antivaxxers are messing that up.
And, of course, we've made so many medical advances in general that many things just aren't the death sentence they once were.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
From those states we hear about the citizen's right
to not be vaccinated & to not have to prove it.
Those states' governments don't appear to care
about businesses' right...nay, obligation to protect
workers & customers from danger.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
From those states we hear about the citizen's right
to not be vaccinated & to not have to prove it.
Those states' governments don't appear to care
about businesses' right...nay, obligation to protect
workers & customers from danger.

It looks like states are focused on not having vaccine passports in government entities not as a whole. Many also say that healthcare and traveling are exemptions and they let local businesses do their thing. https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/which-states-have-banned-vaccine-passports. Arizona "Ducey added in a statement, "While we strongly recommend all Arizonans get the COVID-19 vaccine, it's not mandated in our state – and it never will be. Vaccination is up to each individual, not the government."

If there weren't other variants, maybe I can see it working in the short term but for now it looks like a short-term fix for a possible long-term problem.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Except we can clearly see now covid is significantly more problematic in areas of low vaccination rates. Even in America, there is a very clear divide, and it appears to be strongly overlapping with politics (such as Texas, Missouri, and Florida who are being hit hard right now).
Things like measles and polio we made great progress in controlling. Antivaxxers are messing that up.
And, of course, we've made so many medical advances in general that many things just aren't the death sentence they once were.

There has always been a high case among unvaccinated with and without the vaccine arrival. Unless experts say that unvaccinated people changed their routine and put themselves at more risk than before vaccines came out, it's just stating the obvious but in light to get people to vaccinate. A guilt-incentive for lack of better words: "see how the unvaccinated are being killed over, its time you should get vaccinated."

The message is sending confirmed biases to provaxxers that the unvaccinated are in danger to others when that simply has always been the case just vaccinated lowered their endangerment but did not relieve it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It looks like states are focused on not having vaccine passports in government entities not as a whole. Many also say that healthcare and traveling are exemptions and they let local businesses do their thing. https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/which-states-have-banned-vaccine-passports. Arizona "Ducey added in a statement, "While we strongly recommend all Arizonans get the COVID-19 vaccine, it's not mandated in our state – and it never will be. Vaccination is up to each individual, not the government."

If there weren't other variants, maybe I can see it working in the short term but for now it looks like a short-term fix for a possible long-term problem.
Florida House Passes Bill Banning Businesses From Requiring COVID ‘Vaccine Passports'
This is not only an abridgement of the rights of business owners,
it imposes liability for people injured or killed by the infection.
This is a pretty deadly authoritarianism.

exchemist

Veteran Member
There has always been a high case among unvaccinated with and without the vaccine arrival. Unless experts say that unvaccinated people changed their routine and put themselves at more risk than before vaccines came out, it's just stating the obvious but in light to get people to vaccinate. A guilt-incentive for lack of better words: "see how the unvaccinated are being killed over, its time you should get vaccinated."

The message is sending confirmed biases to provaxxers that the unvaccinated are in danger to others when that simply has always been the case just vaccinated lowered their endangerment but did not relieve it.
Well yes, antivaxxers are antisocial, self-centred people who don't care that they spread the virus far more than vaccinated people. That's obvious. What's new?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
This can be looked at in two ways...
1. We are going to force our workers to take the vaccine.
2. Its your choice. But you can't work here if you choose not to get it.
3. We intend to act responsibly to protect our employees and all those with whom they interact.

(How curious it is that you overlooked that option.)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Florida House Passes Bill Banning Businesses From Requiring COVID ‘Vaccine Passports'
This is not only an abridgement of the rights of business owners,
it imposes liability for people injured or killed by the infection.
This is a pretty deadly authoritarianism.

(Read it). Maybe there's a balance between health emergency and keeping economy running. I know people want to focus 100% on the health emergency as if we can control where the virus goes and what it does but I do find there is some balance. Unless it's a bomb threat everyone is at the same risk of getting zapped, there needs to be some focus on those living not just those dying.