• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TX Lt. Gov. Blames El Paso Shooting on Not Letting Kids “Pray in Our Schools”

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
And... the politician seems right. Do you disagree?

"The nations that forget God will be turned into Hell" -- The Bible
Most developed, first world countries don't have compulsory prayer or pledges and they have the same violent video games we do, yet they don't seem to be dealing with daily bloodbaths like we do. Have an answer for that?

sooda

Veteran Member
Most developed, first world countries don't have compulsory prayer or pledges and they have the same violent video games we do, yet they don't seem to be dealing with daily bloodbaths like we do. Have an answer for that?

As many call for tighter gun laws, Texas set to loosen up
Beginning Sept. 1, it will be easier to carry and store guns in Texas, where five of the 20 deadliest shootings in the United States since 1900 occurred.

Texas' guns laws are scheduled to loosen even more next month

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
What does it matter? Some of the greatest evils and most heinous of crimes have been carried out in the name of Christianity and Islam. The OT gives us examples of atrocious savagery carried out in the name of Judaism at god's behest.

Everything matters.

Are you saying atheists do not carry out heinous evils, only religious persons?

Are you saying you define evil without any religion to base morals upon and definitions?

Are you saying you know what is evil and what isn't based on the number of people from groups who do certain things?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
e you saying atheists do not carry out heinous evils, only religious persons
Atheists, as far as I know, have yet to perform such things in the name of atheism.
And its not anything remarkable that I can recognize evil sans religion. Those who think you do are the scary people, as they imply it is they who would be immoral without. Those of us without are doing just fine.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Atheists, as far as I know, have yet to perform such things in the name of atheism.
And its not anything remarkable that I can recognize evil sans religion. Those who think you do are the scary people, as they imply it is they who would be immoral without. Those of us without are doing just fine.

So if atheists kill millions but not in the name of atheism...? Then what?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Then it's what they killed in the name of. I'm sure there are examples of Christians who have killed in self-defense. There isn't really anything wrong with that. But the Inquisition, Crusades, and burning witches, that was all done in the name of Christianity.

tas8831

Did Stalin say 'Let us kill those who won't give us their farms for the good of the state' or 'let us kill those wHilterho dare to believe in a higher power'?

Hitler, after all, wrote that he was doing the Lord's work...

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Did Stalin say 'Let us kill those who won't give us their farms for the good of the state' or 'let us kill those wHilterho dare to believe in a higher power'?

Hitler, after all, wrote that he was doing the Lord's work...

I know a lot about these evil men. Stalin said that Darwinism freed him to brutality, since it denigrated men as animals. Hitler said his positive Christianity eliminated Jesus Christ as a weak Jewish savior and allowed him to kill almost everyone EXCEPT atheists!

tas8831

I know a lot about these evil men.
Do you?
Stalin said that Darwinism freed him to brutality, since it denigrated men as animals.
Did he?

That sounds rather interesting. Surely you can provide a quote? A real one, not some meme you saw on 'The Daily Caller' or something.
Hitler said his positive Christianity eliminated Jesus Christ as a weak Jewish savior and allowed him to kill almost everyone EXCEPT atheists!
That also demands some evidence.

I am sure that you can present some.

I mean, the poisoning the well fallacy is cool and all, but I'm guessing this stuff is at best anecdotal. And that Hitler thing sounds totally WND-style nonsense, but I'm sure, since you are a professor of something, that you will be able to produce evidence.

And while you are looking for documentation for your well poisoning, maybe address this:

Yes, I do.

Last edited:

Phaedrus

Church is full of thoughts and prayers, it is referred to as god's house, but it doesn't seem to do much good against preventing religious clergy from molesting little children.

tas8831

Church is full of thoughts and prayers, it is referred to as god's house, but it doesn't seem to do much good against preventing religious clergy from molesting little children.
Well, see, those are not REAL Christians.. or it is mental illness... or something....

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Do you?
Did he?

That sounds rather interesting. Surely you can provide a quote? A real one, not some meme you saw on 'The Daily Caller' or something.
That also demands some evidence.

I am sure that you can present some.

I mean, the poisoning the well fallacy is cool and all, but I'm guessing this stuff is at best anecdotal. And that Hitler thing sounds totally WND-style nonsense, but I'm sure, since you are a professor of something, that you will be able to produce evidence.

And while you are looking for documentation for your well poisoning, maybe address this:

So, before I quote Hitler and Stalin, as above, you are prepared to take those quotes as anecdotal? Convenient.