• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two Words That Disprove the Bible

horizon_mj1

Prove it.
Most of the Bible can not be proven, but much of it can. No offense but I am not going to sit here and give a complete history course on what there is proof for and what there is not proof for in the Bible. There is even evidence that lend "probabilities" to certain stories. If you were really that interested in seeing what can and can not be disproved or proved in the Bible why don't you do some research to find out? I am sure that if you looked hard enough you can maybe even find a book that includes all your looking for. I got an even better challenge for you; prove none of it happened. Good luck.

Giega

Simple. There is no scientifically possible way for a virgin to give birth. Just because something can't be disproven doesn't make it real. Just because I write it down and make a few people believe will not make it true thousands of years later.

Giega

Faith I can understand. I'm referring to the way Christians believe fairy tale like stories in the bible are indisputable fact.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
What makes you think that all Christians believe that all the bible is literally true?

Giega

Really, that's what your going with? The word of god as handed down to man is metaphorical and hyperbole? How about this then, the creation story. The discovery of fossils and the use of carbon dating have poked so many holes in that, that its near incontrovertible that it didn't happen. Or was that a metaphor too? A metaphor for what, then?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I got an even better challenge for you; prove none of it happened. Good luck.

Already done.

The Bible accounts are extinct in every respect. Past is the past whether fabricated or not, whole or in part, dependent on one's view.

That's true for any religion of ancient origin including my own.

The pertinent question is, what going on now?

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Really, that's what your going with? The word of god as handed down to man is metaphorical and hyperbole? How about this then, the creation story. The discovery of fossils and the use of carbon dating have poked so many holes in that, that its near incontrovertible that it didn't happen. Or was that a metaphor too? A metaphor for what, then?
Lets just first mention that the fact that the Bible covers a great amount of time, and that we are still just finding various archeological sites and what not, the argument prove it simply is ridiculous. That would take an extensive amount of time and energy, as well as years upon years of research. Most scholars don't even cover all of that in their research. So you have to be a little more specific.

And really, everything you posted here makes no sense because there are so many ideas propounded in the Bible that no one has any idea of what you are actually talking about.

Kathryn

Prove WHAT about the bible? You're going to have to be a LOT more specific. (I know that may require more discipline than you may be able to muster.)

Giega

Alright, here's specific. Prove that Jesus was born to this earth, performed miracles and rose from the dead. Also, well done on the insult. It shows real maturity insulting me personally when I have yet to question any person directly, just the facts of a book of what an untrained eye would say are a bunch of fictitious stories.

Kathryn

Look here, Giega, you come waltzing in here with eight posts to your name, acting as if you can dismantle Christianity with two words, and you think YOU'VE been insulted?

Much greater minds than yours or mine have grappled for the truth concerning biblical teachings for two thousand years.

It's your very approach that's offensive and sophomoric. You don't have to single anyone out to be called out.

Giega

First off, I love how you judge my knowledge on the subject based on my history on A FORUM. Well done. I second notice how you completely dodged my point in your post. I know a fair share of history, and I asked of anyone out there to prove that this book is true.That you, and probably many others, I will admit, find it offensive is not the issue.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Alright, here's specific. Prove that Jesus was born to this earth, performed miracles and rose from the dead. Also, well done on the insult. It shows real maturity insulting me personally when I have yet to question any person directly, just the facts of a book of what an untrained eye would say are a bunch of fictitious stories.

But let's play some more.....

Let's say Someone having such ability should fail to be what people think He is?

Is this the direction you wanted to go with your original posting?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

Use the quote button for future reference so we can know for sure who you're talking to.

I read in the story of Adam and Eve the hard journey of adolescence, or just a general loss of innocence.

Of course, that was just one of my points. Are you going to attempt to address the other?