• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two women, two stories

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Let's talk about casuistry. Since the latest SCOTUS ruling has stirred things up, I would like to investigate, to analyze the social implications of this decision. Especially because I did not expect such backlash, that is protests everywhere. It was really unexpected. So this thread is not about politics. It is about personal living and social conditions and women's personal lifestyle.

Ok...let's analyze the life story of these two women.

Virginia: Since the times of high school, she has had a very progressive attitude towards premarital sex. She has developed a passion towards the male gender. She loves men, so she has decided to take the hormonal pill (Cost 17 euros a month) since her 17th birthday. Her gynaecologist is very good: thanks to this therapy, she has had sex so many times and never got pregnant. Since then she has dated many high school classmates, she has slept with many of them. So did she during the university years.
She has never stopped taking the pill, not even in the times of self-imposed hiatus (from dating men). Her period has always been better than a Swiss swatch. Never got pregnant, despite the intense sex life.

Heather: She has never been that interested in guys, since high school. During the university years, she focused on studying. She met her future husband there, it was love at first sight. They started dating and having sex after graduation, and the first years were not that good because they were focusing on their own careers. Heather has never taken the pill. Her boyfriend has used condom rarely. So she found out she was pregnant after three or four pregnancy tests. It was a tragedy. She did not expect it. She cried...after talking about it with her own bf, they decided together that abortion was the right solution. It was not that easy. After having the abortion, she felt guilty and stopped having sex with her own bf who broke up with her. They got together and married after some time.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
These two stories are inspired by two true stories. I have changed the names, of course.:)

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It was really unexpected.
It was very predictable and highly expected.
And keep in mind, in America sex ed, if it is taught, is frequently abstract only loaded with lies and misinformation about sex and birth control. It's possible Heather and her boyfriend were taught condoms don't work that well and the side effects and risks of birth control being far greater than it really is.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It was very predictable and highly expected.
And keep in mind, in America sex ed, if it is taught, is frequently abstract only loaded with lies and misinformation about sex and birth control. It's possible Heather and her boyfriend were taught condoms don't work that well and the side effects and risks of birth control being far greater than it really is.
Thanks for pointing out this issue.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Let's talk about casuistry. Since the latest SCOTUS ruling has stirred things up, I would like to investigate, to analyze the social implications of this decision. Especially because I did not expect such backlash, that is protests everywhere. It was really unexpected. So this thread is not about politics. It is about personal living and social conditions and women's personal lifestyle.

Ok...let's analyze the life story of these two women.

Virginia: Since the times of high school, she has had a very progressive attitude towards premarital sex. She has developed a passion towards the male gender. She loves men, so she has decided to take the hormonal pill (Cost 17 euros a month) since her 17th birthday. Her gynaecologist is very good: thanks to this therapy, she has had sex so many times and never got pregnant. Since then she has dated many high school classmates, she has slept with many of them. So did she during the university years.
She has never stopped taking the pill, not even in the times of self-imposed hiatus (from dating men). Her period has always been better than a Swiss swatch. Never got pregnant, despite the intense sex life.

Heather: She has never been that interested in guys, since high school. During the university years, she focused on studying. She met her future husband there, it was love at first sight. They started dating and having sex after graduation, and the first years were not that good because they were focusing on their own careers. Heather has never taken the pill. Her boyfriend has used condom rarely. So she found out she was pregnant after three or four pregnancy tests. It was a tragedy. She did not expect it. She cried...after talking about it with her own bf, they decided together that abortion was the right solution. It was not that easy. After having the abortion, she felt guilty and stopped having sex with her own bf who broke up with her. They got together and married after some time.
Very interesting real-life stories. Thank you.

What I notice here is that Heather shared her psychological by-product of their decision.

I find interesting in Virginia's story, is that it doesn't approach the issue of psychological side-effect (there may be none for all I know) - but would there be a psychological byproduct of having relationships with so many men? We will never know.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Very interesting real-life stories. Thank you.

What I notice here is that Heather shared her psychological by-product of their decision.

I find interesting in Virginia's story, is that it doesn't approach the issue of psychological side-effect (there may be none for all I know) - but would there be a psychological byproduct of having relationships with so many men? We will never know.
Let's not forget that I pointed out inspired by two true stories.
My personal interpretation of the two:)

I did not mean to imply that Virginia's life is a role model. I think it is not.
I meant that despite everything, Virginia found happiness somehow, whereas Heather had a traumatic experience.
What if she had kept the baby? After all, she made him/her with someone she loved.
What if she had given her baby for adoption?
Or...

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Let's not forget that I pointed out inspired by two true stories.
My personal interpretation of the two:)

I did not mean to imply that Virginia's life is a role model. I think it is not.
I meant that despite everything, Virginia found happiness somehow, whereas Heather had a traumatic experience.
What if she had kept the baby? After all, she made him/her with someone she loved.
What if she had given her baby for adoption?
Or...
Sorry if I didn't share the fully, delineate the thought. I didn't think that you were implying a role model.

Personally, I think her experience would have been better if she had. Who knows, she might have decided that, after birth, "I want to keep him/her" - but adoption surely was an option.

I remember sharing during a service that God's forgiveness is extended even to those who have had abortions. And, through personal experience, their child is in Heaven and growing and that they will see their child.

An 80+ woman who had an abortion (back when it wasn't even legal) - had carried the guilt for decades. With tears in her eyes, she shared with me how wonderful she felt to know that not only was she forgiven but that she would see her child.

To have carried that burden for so, long. Must have been a heavy weight.

I wonder if Heather (inspired by true events) - would still be carrying the weight though she has moved on.

appreciate this thread.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Sorry if I didn't share the fully, delineate the thought. I didn't think that you were implying a role model.

Personally, I think her experience would have been better if she had. Who knows, she might have decided that, after birth, "I want to keep him/her" - but adoption surely was an option.

I remember sharing during a service that God's forgiveness is extended even to those who have had abortions. And, through personal experience, their child is in Heaven and growing and that they will see their child.

An 80+ woman who had an abortion (back when it wasn't even legal) - had carried the guilt for decades. With tears in her eyes, she shared with me how wonderful she felt to know that not only was she forgiven but that she would see her child.

To have carried that burden for so, long. Must have been a heavy weight.

I wonder if Heather (inspired by true events) - would still be carrying the weight though she has moved on.

appreciate this thread.

I think that so many Christians know God is infinitely merciful and God perfectly knows the difficulty of such a choice for a woman. So He always forgive.
:)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well...my personal interpretation is that she has surely moved on. And that she talks about it as a mistake .

Last edited: