• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two Sides

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
If you are constantly labeling the external world in relation to you as: good vs bad.

Then you are also doing the exact same thing to your internal world. Labeling parts of yourself as good or bad.

And that's what is inhibiting Empowerment.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
If you are constantly labeling the external world in relation to you as: good vs bad.

Then you are also doing the exact same thing to your internal world. Labeling parts of yourself as good or bad.

Very true

God created all, and "all is GOOD" acoording to God, so humans who see duality, both "good" and "bad" must have wrong "vision", because there is only GOOD, hence non-duality (Advaita) is Truth

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Loving truth and God is noble, being attached to falsehood that you deny truth, is not the same or equal as love of truth and God.

This is just on example.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Loving truth and God is noble, being attached to falsehood that you deny truth, is not the same or equal as love of truth and God.

This is just on example.

All is All. Good is bad, and bad is good. It all depends on experience/perspective.

vulcanlogician

Could you elaborate a bit on what you mean here? Like, what do you mean by "constantly"?

I agree that there is a point where labeling things in the external world as good or bad will negatively impact a person psychologically.

But I think we all recognize that some amount "good/bad labeling" is wise. --- "Putting my hand on the hot stove is bad." --- "My child being admitted to Harvard is good, and it's fine that I'm happy about it."

Things like that. We're naturally inclined to judge things as good or bad. And at a basic level, it's quite useful, and not at all harmful to our "inner world" or psychological health.

But (undeniably) such judgments, if made in too great a quantity, can begin to weigh down on us. But my question is: when? Where do we draw the line where we ought to stop judging things good and bad?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Iblis makes up reality on the go, ever since he rejected God and his decision of Adam (a).

People who rely on idiots for guidance rather then God's books and chosen leaders, truly, are evil, let alone, the idiots leading them astray.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Iblis makes up reality on the go, ever since he rejected God and his decision of Adam (a).

People who rely on idiots for guidance rather then God's books and chosen leaders, truly, are evil, let alone, the idiots leading them astray.

Neat

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Could you elaborate a bit on what you mean here? Like, what do you mean by "constantly"?

I agree that there is a point where labeling things in the external world as good or bad will negatively impact a person psychologically.

But I think we all recognize that some amount "good/bad labeling" is wise. --- "Putting my hand on the hot stove is bad." --- "My child being admitted to Harvard is good, and it's fine that I'm happy about it."

Things like that. We're naturally inclined to judge things as good or bad. And at a basic level, it's quite useful, and not at all harmful to our "inner world" or psychological health.

But (undeniably) such judgments, if made in too great a quantity, can begin to weigh down on us. But my question is: when? Where do we draw the line where we ought to stop judging things good and bad?

I don't see such things as good/bad in that same way.

We are naturally inclined to see the world in duality. But I think it's best that we don't split the world as such.

Like your hot stove example. Pain isn't "bad", it lets me know to adjust my behaviour. The action itself is neutral.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

I don't see things the way you do. I'm forgiving and tolerant of those I consider infidels and apostates.

My faith will never be spread by the sword. Only through peace.

Qad tuzawiduk alualihat bialqua. (Pardon my nonexistent Arabic)

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Depends on how we define murder. Sometimes a death is justified.

List of serial killers by number of victims - Wikipedia

Luis Garavito - Child-murderer, torture-killer, and rapist known as "La Bestia" ("The Beast"). Garavito confessed to killing 140 boys between six and sixteen years old, from October 1992 to April 1999 in Colombia and neighboring countries.

Javed Iqbal - Child-murderer and rapist, known as "Kukri", Iqbal murdered 100 street children by strangling them and covering up his crimes by dissolving the bodies with acid.

Mikhail Popkov - Serial rapist-killer nicknamed "The Werewolf", who was active for two decades in Angarsk, Irkutsk and Vladivostok. After being convicted of 22 murders in 2015, he confessed to an additional 59 murders, of which he was convicted of 56 in 2018.​

Can't we agree these are bad actions?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't see things the way you do. I'm forgiving and tolerant of those I consider infidels and apostates.

My faith will never be spread by the sword. Only through peace.

Qad tuzawiduk alualihat bialqua. (Pardon my nonexistent Arabic)

Those traveling to the light through the holy bright souls are not the same as those running away from the light to the darkness. Their lives and deaths and final outcome will not be the same.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
List of serial killers by number of victims - Wikipedia

Luis Garavito - Child-murderer, torture-killer, and rapist known as "La Bestia" ("The Beast"). Garavito confessed to killing 140 boys between six and sixteen years old, from October 1992 to April 1999 in Colombia and neighboring countries.

Javed Iqbal - Child-murderer and rapist, known as "Kukri", Iqbal murdered 100 street children by strangling them and covering up his crimes by dissolving the bodies with acid.

Mikhail Popkov - Serial rapist-killer nicknamed "The Werewolf", who was active for two decades in Angarsk, Irkutsk and Vladivostok. After being convicted of 22 murders in 2015, he confessed to an additional 59 murders, of which he was convicted of 56 in 2018.​

Can't we agree these are bad actions?

They are actions. One I'd prefer didn't happen. But not bad/good. More like emotionally sad.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Those traveling to the light through the holy bright souls are not the same as those running away from the light to the darkness. Their lives and deaths and final outcome will not be the same.

To you. The interesting thing is, what you have to say still doesn't impact my interaction with the Creators. :)

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
They are actions. One I'd prefer didn't happen. But not bad/good. More like emotionally sad.
You prefer they didn't happen. Does that mean you would interfere to stop them from happening if you had the opportunity? If so, that's the definition of good. If not, it's the definition of bad.