• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two Rapture Questions

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
(This is in the Christianity DIR)

I've been reading up on End Times but there are two things I don't quite understand that I was hoping someone may be able to help me on. I have some rough ideas but there are holes in my understanding...

Tribulation_views.svg.png
My questions:

1) So "Rapture" is when The Church ascends to Heaven but what does "2nd coming with Church" mean? - does this mean that the elect will descend back down to Earth (along with Christ) for the duration of the Millennium? The charts sure do make it look that way :D

2) I don't understand how the Millennium will end - yes, I can see it ends with "last judgment" but what does that mean? And who exactly is being judged??? And how will conditions vary between the Millennium period and "Eternity"? "last judgment" seems to imply that there was a previous judgment, which I assume is the judgment made as to who should be raptured??? Also, in the last judgment, what are people being judged on???

Thanks for any help!:)

InChrist

Free4ever

I've been reading up on End Times but there are two things I don't quite understand that I was hoping someone may be able to help me on. I have some rough ideas but there are holes in my understanding...

My questions:

1) So "Rapture" is when The Church ascends to Heaven but what does "2nd coming with Church" mean? - does this mean that the elect will descend back down to Earth (along with Christ) for the duration of the Millennium? The charts sure do make it look that way :D

2) I don't understand how the Millennium will end - yes, I can see it ends with "last judgment" but what does that mean? And who exactly is being judged??? And how will conditions vary between the Millennium period and "Eternity"? "last judgment" seems to imply that there was a previous judgment, which I assume is the judgment made as to who should be raptured??? Also, in the last judgment, what are people being judged on???

I never heard it called the 2nd coming of the church, but I do believe the church which was raptured to be with Christ will return with Him after the seven year tribulation period to save Israel from destruction, then the Millennium will begin.
I haven’t thought too much of how the Millennium will end except the scriptures say satan will be released from confinement after 1000 years and he will deceive and inspire the nations to cone together in battle against Jerusalem , but God will destroy them. The the Great White Throne judgement takes place.

Iymus

My questions:

Allegedly the Rapture Doctrine originated with a certain Jesuit.

Joh 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

also

During the days of Noah, Noah's family was not carried away.